Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, July 18

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Sunday, July 18

Post by womster » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:35 am

Good morning!

Suzette – glad to hear the floor is improving. Happy sewing day.

Lois – don’t you just love a fresh haircut? I hope you like the restyle. I can never make my hair look the same as the hairdresser.

Flo – if you do decide to do a Sam’s run – have fun.

Vel – I hope you didn’t have to drive in fog – that always unnerves me.

Jana – aww – poor Karlie. We grew up with no family by us, and we always missed our cousins after visiting in the summer. I like your window plan – I’m going to see if there’s something similar out here.

Maryz – ditto on curly hair and differing hairstyles. Although mine is more wavy than curly. We have a third rack in our Bosch, which was the brand recommended by the repair guy. We had a Kitchenaid before that, and it only lasted six years. When we looked at the Bosch, I told Jim I would just have him remove the third rack, because what would I ever use it for? Well, now I love it! I put all but the wooden-handled knives in there, along with the bits and bobs that get misplaced. And also the blades for the food processor. Yay for the first of the campers! Your dinner sounds lovely – what’s for dessert?!

Judi – demo day – yay! Things are really progressing now. Sounds like you made good use of your time in getting that quilt done. Have fun with the girls.

Chriss – I eat tuna about twice a year, and now you have me craving tuna salad. I bet your peaches are delicious – how lovely that you and Jerry could have a date.

Katy – I’m so sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope it gets better soon. I loved stuffed peppers!

Lyn – I love that they kept the name as well. Our old subdivision was called Jackson Farms for the same reason, but our houses weren’t fancy.

Lori – I’m so sorry for the loss of Bill’s dad.

Looks like I did my ghost post again yesterday! Today was church and now I’m off to treat my red fabric. The Retayne arrived yesterday, as opposed to next week like they had originally said. On another sad note, my former BIL died unexpectedly yesterday. My former SIL and I kept in contact – we had a lot in common in that we both had kids from an awful first marriage, and then found the loves of our lives later on. I am so sad for her and her family. Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

rosebud3

Re: Sunday, July 18

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:01 pm

Good evening my friends. I finally made it to the computer, so here I am to let you know I am still around. I am doing better with my blood counts maintaining a level within the normal range. However my iron levels remain to be low, but still in an acceptable range even with me taking iron dosages which require a prescription. The final diagnosis for my problem is stomach and intestinal issues where tears in the linings create holes that bleed, but heal before the doctors take tests which can confirm anything more specific.

I want to thank each of you for your prayers and concerns through this ordeal. Hopefully once I get my DGD's quilt and label completed I will have a few extra minutes in between house and yard work to come visit more on the weekends.

Hugs,
Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”