Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, July 18

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, July 18

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:41 am

Good morning everyone.
Everything is going well with the floor in my sewing room. Thank goodness. We may replace the carpet now sure about that yet. Today is a sewing day for me. I am working on two quilts at once. The one for hubby’s aunt and the one for his friend’s daughter in-law. So I need to get it going. We have a quilt show coming up and I am looking forward to going. It has been awhile. I am off to get another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a good day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, July 18

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:09 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Yesterday we had a great visit with Olivia very happy to report she gave me a nice haircut even restyled it a bit so I will see how that works.
I wasn't able to sew yesterday because of the tstorms so today I will get busy after this cup of coffee.

Suzette glad that your rug will be ok.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:54 am

Morning maryz, wanted to get in touch with you about projects from the heart donations.
Nothing new here. May make a sams club run today.
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:58 am

Good morning all
Suzette, glad the floor will be ok. That was an awful surprise on water issue. Hope it gets better.
Good luck with juggling two quilts. 🤗
Lois, glad your haircut turned out great!
We have a foggy morning here. Very humid after all the rainy days.
Nothing planned for our day, except church this morning. Will see what the day brings later.
More coffee coming up for now.
Prayers for all our pals in need.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 am

Good morning!

Not much happening here as well. Church is a bit later this morning. That is the only definite planned event for the day.

Daniel and family arrived safely yesterday afternoon. When they got to Reno, Karlie asked her Daddy, if they could turn around and go back to Utah, she missed her cousins. They miss her too.

So after church, I need to finish screwing a door back on my old sewing cabinet. I started to do that, but got side tracked the other day. If I don't get it done, all the screws will get lost tomorrow when the handyman is back. I did find a window washing company who does both the inside , outside and the screens. It ain't cheap! But I am worth it! They have a quarterly plan, which I want. They also use a coating, like Rainex on the glass to repel dirt. We have very dirty rain here in these beautiful mountains.

Lori - so sorry to learn of your FIL passing. You and your DH took very good care of him.

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:07 am

Good morning,

LORI - I'm so sorry for the loss of Bill's dad. You both took such good care of him this past year or two. I know you told me in the past but I've forgotten. sorry. What colors are you going to do VT in? All black? All another color? or in all colors?

JANA - glad Daniel and fam made it home safe and sound. Nice deal to have a company come do windows, inside and out, plus screens. And quarterly, no less! When you have nice clean windows that you didn't have to wash you won't think they are expensive!

SUZ - I find it hard to work on two things at once - perhaps because I have such a small space to sew and things get mixed up. And when I'm working on one project, I always wish I were working on the other. And vice versa. Did the water episode ruin your carpet or are you considering a new one because it's time and this episode is urging you into making a decision about it?

VELDA - Hope you find something fun to do today!

FLO - I will PM you again but you can ask me in the forum if you wish because maybe others have the same question.

LOIS - a new hairstyle always makes me feel like a new woman! Though, with my hair so curly all hairstyles look pretty much the same on me.

LYN - thanks for the recipe. Makes me feel like we're on the GReat British Baking Show! I'm happy for you that you weren't out on the highway in that back-up! GD3 is Gypsy Dancer, my third one. It's really Jen Kingwell's "Gypsy Wife". But because in my younger years I was a semi-professional belly dancer/gypsy dancer I changed the name. This pattern reflects the swirling colors and movement of the dance and the costumes we wore. So I made one a few years ago for my dance partner, myself, and now I'm doing one mostly in pinks for Autumn.

MARY Q - no problem with the wine. This crowd is always well supplied. When they all leave, we'll probably actually be a few bottles ahead! What kind of dishwasher did you end up getting? I know nothing about any of them. Our old Kitchenaid lasted 16 years. Our present one is about 8 yrs old but we've had to take it apart to clean the screen twice in last 18 months. Do you have the extra top rack to lay down knives, utensils, etc? If so, I want to hear how you like that feature.

First of our "campers" arrived yesterday. So good to see old friends again! They are going golfing today up in Port Townsend on a dog-friendly course. Turns out there are golf courses that allow you to bring your well-bahaved, leashed dog! I think that's pretty cool. Bill is going to Cabela's with our grandson, Drew. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with them or stay home and sew. Really, I can sew most any day, but I don't get to be with Drew very often, so I'm leaning towards crashing the guys' day. And tonite for supper, I'm popping a ham and some scalloped potatoes into the oven. I'll roast some broccoli with garlic and parm and toss a salad. Voila`! Easy company supper!

Wishing us all full bobbins, all the time, and the time to empty them again!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning it is sunny bright and going to 84 today, If the mosquitos would all take a holiday and go somewhere else i might even get to work in the yard, weeds are taller than the plants,,,
We had demo day down in the basement yesterday and today the boys will come and carry the debris out to the burn pile....All i have to do is feed them. Ken also has a truck load to take to the dumpster...its all old wiring paneling and old wood...it appears in the next couple of weeks we might even get some drywall(sheetrock) put up. ( its called different things in different places)
The girls have been over dd for 2 days they will come back here for a couple of days tonight, I even got some of the quilt assembled and will put a border on if i get a chance today,,,then she will be loaded onto the LA for quilting,,,I'm excited to get this one done and start a comfort quilt for my nieces husband,,,
well i need another cuppa coffee to keep me motivated...have a wonderful day .and dont forget care,gratitude,kindness, joy, and al the other shared thoughts.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:06 am

Good beautiful morning, it's going to be a wonderful day.

Yesterday Jerry and I went to a fruit stand about 40 miles away for peaches. It was a date. so fun to just get to go someplace.

Suzette, glad the floor is ok. If you have to replace the carpet will the people that messed up the pipe pay for it? happy sewing

Lois, it's so nice to have a hair cutter in the family. I'm glad you like your new style. Hope the storms subside so you can play today.

Velda, we are going to be in church today too. Feel free to sit with us when you get there.

Jana, I have really been thinking of a window cleaning service. We have some windows that need the tracks cleaned and we really could use new screens. I count 16 windows in this house. Glad the kids made it home safely. I'm sure Daniel is aware of the Tamarack fire near Markleeville? It is 21,000 acres and 0% contained.

Maryz, sounds like a wonderful dinner and any leftover ham can be used in breakfast casserole or for lunch. I vote for Cabellas, I'd rather spend time with my kids any chance I can.

Judi, how exciting to be at the drywall stage. When the studs are covered in sheetrock the job is getting close to done. Nice to have strong boys in the family. Glad they will work for food. I do remember my words (care, gratitude, kindness, and joy) I think my word today will be Blessed. I am so blessed in so many ways and God is the one who makes it all possible. It's really great to be me.

Lori, Prayers for Bill, lots of emotions go into it when someone you love begins to and does pass away. Give him a comforting hug from me. Glad the retreat was nice, I will go to one someday, there just isn't much near me.

Lyn, I'm also glad you didn't have to travel to the doctor. amazing how one person can mess up traffic for miles.

Maryq, critters are very hairy. We find Moose hair in the strangest places. Do you love the new dishwasher? I also try to stay out of the way when there is something being installed or constructed around here. Just when I think I have evaded work I hear "Hon, can you give me a hand" Usually it's just Jerry wanting company by asking me to either hold or look at something.

Yesterday I made a big tuna salad and today it will be perfect to eat. I like it chilled and it seems like being in the fridge overnight helps to blend the flavors perfectly. Lots of foods are best after being in the fridge overnight.

That's it for me. hope you all have a super day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:10 am

Good morning all

Well I have a little bad news . I hurt my shoulder last week which is really slowing me down. I have a bad rotory cup . Which happened when I fell down stairs about 16 years ago. I strained the muscles in that shoulder. My chiro worked on it. and told me to exercise it not to baby it. But is really slowing down my sewing. And garden work is a no no. No lifting cant even pick Scooby up. I am not to put my arm over my head. He instructed me to take Tylenol and put ice on it until today then wet heat Well i am going to put ice on it to. I have got dinner ready to go. Made stuffed green peppers and peeled potatoes for mashed potatoes. I might put some asparagus on.
News from the sewing room I am trying to make my 3 inch half square triangles that go around the big basket in my sew a long quilt. I have changed the pattern a little. This shoulder had better get better fast or I am sol . I am working on two quilts. Thank goodness the blocks are all done for the sew a long. And as soon as I get my center done I can start putting the quilt together. The sixth block for mystery quilt comes out Tuesday.
Thank goodness my x is sweeping.

Well I need a cup of coffee and rest this dang Shoulder.
You all have a great sewing day and have fun out there
Katy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:29 am

Got some Lotto blocks made.
Today we're going to drive by Triple Creek Farm, then over to DSIL'S for a visit. DH and siblings sold the farm (grandparents home place) to a developer who has made it large lots, for fancy houses. We are happy that he kept the name it's been called since forever. Two creeks, the Wolf and Coffee, start the Blue River on this land.

If you want a fun thing to do and have a fire pit, check out my recipe from yesterday.

Blessings to all.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”