Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday July 16th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday July 16th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:18 am

Good morning Happy Friday to those contemplating the weekend.
I have uglies to do will wash a few walls today, Stairwell needs it. I plan to get the painting done before the holidays,,,Waiting to hear on which one of my painters want the job. Everyone is so busy these days. I am giving them plenty of notice,,,Id like it done in October,
We did get my sis motorhome back to her house yesterday and then the other grand daughter came to spend the night,,,2 girls again...I will need to find something to entertain them today...perhaps a trip to hobby lobby if they get up early enough,
I did get a few rows of the quilt put together but I doubt if i will get to sew today.
well that s all the news here,,we are still getting rain every day and the mosquitos...so in the house we stay.
have a great day XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday July 16th 2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:41 am

Good Friday Morning.
Judi, how fun to enjoy the kiddos. We too are getting rain every day. Almost had to postpone our Anniversary "eat-out" date. The weather stopped raining just enough that we made the trip to the bigger town about 30 miles away. We went to TGI Fridays for their signature Whiskey glazed rack of ribs. So yummy! Now we have leftovers for lunch today.
It will be nice to have your painting done before the holidays. Happy for you. I always love fresh painted house.
Not much going on here. Time for more coffee.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:44 am

Morning
Yesterday went quilting in morning, then DDIL came over in afternoon. It was nice to spend time with granddaughter & grand dog.
Today is stay home and stay dry....in other words quilt.
Have a great day
Flo

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 am

Good morning everyone.
I cannot believe what I just found in my sewing room. Yesterday the town had someone working on the water meter next door. Today I am washing clothes and when I went to switch the machines I found wet spots at two of the floor drains. Apparently they did something was done with pressure and when I ran the machine water came up into my sewing room. They could have told us. I am running a de-humidifier hoping nothing is ruined.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here, in the very dry mountain west. Thunderstorms are happening, but missed us yesterday. We got just wind. Enough to take down sheds and send trampolines to roofs. My neighbor has a utility shed that was demolished. This is the third one they have tried, with the same result. One of those sheds that looks like a big tent. This one that is now toast, was just put up two weeks ago.

My girls are going shopping this morning. They have been having lots of fun together. Kari wants to look for school clothes for Karlie, so off to the outlet mall they will go. Daniel got the second phase of the railroad table in place in the mechanical room. I finished building all the drawers and tried to negotiate a few of them. No luck, but was told that I will be getting back the space in my LA area I was sharing. A good thing. So today will be cleaning up tools and that mess. It is so nice to have the railroad coming along for Michael. The Batt Cave is really looking like a big play space! Daniel is heading home tomorrow. Insert sad face here.

So I will be in the Batt Cave today, doing who knows what. That can lead to trouble. LOL!

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning,
Beautiful ๐ŸŒž day its going to be 100* in some parts of the state then its going to rain later this afternoon.

Today I have my gynecologist apt and then after that I want to sandwich my gnomes quilt to get ready for my daughter she is going to do a raffle for my niece who's son has cancer
So she can raise some cash to give her.

Yesterday I did go to hobby lobby I got my background fabric for the Christmas swap amongst other goodies.

The pancakes were excellent yesterday.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:06 am

Suzette
If you have carpet. Let it dry completely. Then spritz with white vinegar, and immediately sprinkle baking soda. Let dry then vacuum. Got smell out of my carpet when we had water pipes break.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning,

JUDI - how much of your house are you planning to paint? Just the stairwell or ?? I think you had your share of the rain, girlfriend! But you can keep my share of the mosquitoes! How long will Cheyanne be staying?

SUZ - oh dear! I hope what the water company did was fleeting and not on-going problem now.

FLO - what kind of grand-dog do you have? Nice to see your family on a drop in and visit basis! Great carpet tip!

LOIS - Is NJ big enough to have such widely varying weather?? lol! Such a wonderful use of your gnome quilt. I hope it raises a wheelbarrow load of money for your great-nephew!

KATHY - I hope you get your car, clothes, and all the details of your life back in apple pie order soon! I guess it's a good thing that you have nothing to wear anymore, but it could be awkward at the grocery store . . .

VELDA - glad you got your ribs!

LYN - sorry you've decided not to join the Swap, but it does seem your life isn't too settled right now. Lotto will be a great use for those fabrics. It only took me an hour to make all my lotto offeriings. And yes, I believe barometric pressure as well as the full moon can alter a lot of things, though I never gave a thought to venous pressure. Does he get a new IV every visit or does he have a lock or port in? Maybe his veins are getting scarred an more difficult to access.

LORI - welcome home! How was the sew/wine fest??

SHARONA - actually, I do have a couple of small sheets of flannel covered insulation - And you reminded me to dig those out. Putting this quilt together will take several days and this isn't the time to turn my living room floor into a design floor! lol! And Retayne or Color Catchers is probably your last chance to save that fabric, but I still think I'd ditch it and use another red.

CHRISS - cinnamon in pancakes is a great idea! For heartier supper pancakes my mom would often add corn or shredded cheese, and/or crumbled cooked bacon. I hope your new pants fit you purrfectly! What I hate is the dropped waist. It only accentuates my muffin-top and I don't need that! I am always hoisting them up so end up taking tucks in the waistband. Since I am so short-waisted, the dropped waist hits me there anyway, but then droops.

JANA - it's been such a nice visit. Sorry Daniel has to go home so soon. When will his next visit be, any talk of that yet? I think all your neighbors need to start anchoring their sheds, etc to to the ground! Hope you had no troubles with the wind.

DIANE - your package arrived yesterday. Thank you! Not only about 10 bindings, but 2 beautifully finished tops for the comfort quilt project! God bless you!

Well, the first of the RV's rolls in tomorrow, mid-day. We moved ours out to the back forty yesterday to let the first arrivals have our parking spot. Today we'll be blowing out the garage, shop, and cement parking areas. I'll clean bathrooms, and do up the last of the laundry. Then I get to play in my sewing room. Tomorrow moring is vac and mop. Though the kitchen got mopped last night when Bill dropped a jar of salsa on our new floor. THAT was a bummer to clean up - it splashed all over dishwasher and my freshly washed cabinets. Maybe textured and grooved flooring wasn't the best idea after all . . . :cry: I did get to play in my sewing room a bit. I cut 1-1/2" strips for my GD3 and started putting a few blocks on my little design wall. It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. I learned with the GD1 to label ALL the blocks as they are all different patterns and sizes. This is great fun!

Happy Weekend Eve!!

mary z
>^+^<

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:45 am

Good morning all! Haven't stopped in for awhile so way behind on reading what everyone is doing. Supposed to rain all day today and into tomorrow. Just what we needed. Wish I could send some of the rain out to the west coast to help with the fires.

Not much planned for today. Watching the Tour De France right now. Only 2 more days left of it after today. Don't understand most of the rules but it is fascinating to watch. The British Open is on this afternoon so will watch while I do some sewing. Also need to get laundry folded and dishes put away.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend.

Sherry

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 am

Mary,
Grand dog is a black lab...or as I call him a broken lab....he is terrified of water and labs are water dogs...but he is a cutie and won my heart.

Mary, I pm -ed you about projects from the heart....unless I did something wrong, in which case pm me please.
Flo

Return to โ€œSew insโ€