Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday July 15, 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday July 15, 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 am

Good morning it is 72 and humid this time of the morning, I never did get out to weed...mosquitos kept me away. I will try again today. If not I will do some uglies...I need to wash the walls going down the staircasr and the woodwork.
We have a new baby, Her name is River Lynn I got pictures and news yesterday. Unfortunately only the Daddy and the gramma could be in there with her or visit...My son was beside himself that he couldnt be there,,,but they will be home this evening,,,I wont go there till maybe tomorrow there will be just too many people there tonight nd they have a small house. this baby has 3 sets of gran dparents 2 sets of great grandparents and a great great gramma. and a bazillion aunts uncles and cousins to visit with...there maybe even more I dont know about as Chris.s parents are divorced and there are grand parents on that side of the family too...but she is cute and big brother Ryker called yesterday and said,,,Hey grammie, my sister finally came out! ( we had a good laugh about that)
Today we will try and get my sisters camper home to her,,,we have tried to do this 3 times and it keeps getting cancelled...She says today for sure,
I have 9 rows sewn in the star quilt so I may get that going today too in the meantime have a great day,,,XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO PS Thank you so much Diane (velvet) for the QOV panels I am excited to take them to the guild meeting and get the next quilt started..xxxooo
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

fabricgirl

Re: Thursday July 14, 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:05 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Judi congrat on River it's a beautiful name.

Today is ugly day here and a trip to hobby lobby I need background fabric for my gnomes blocks.

Thats all the news here I have to get started on our pancakes for breakfast.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:20 am

We had date wrong yesterday and then today got started wrong too!
TODAY IS JULY 15, 2021

I know, because it is our anniversary. Celebrating 54 years. We have a motto:
" Love you more today that yesterday, but less than tomorrow"
I am very happy today to be with the man of my dreams, my best friend.
HUGS, đź’• Vel

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday July 15, 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:42 am

Thank you Vel, you know about retirement everyday seems the same,,,,LOL I got it wrong cause I looked at yesterday,,,,I have fixed it,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY we are 55

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:44 am

Vel- happy anniversary . So many years and in a blink of an eye all pass by. I have 52 years and where have those years gone? Hope you have a great day and remember some memories to make you smile.

Gram- happy you like the qov panels. All a little different. Just try to finish with 60x80. Hope your friends will have fun working on them.

Kids land around 3 today. Can't wait. DS and DDIL will see their new home. Last time they were here there was nothing but weeds.

Got to get going for last minute items I forgot yesterday.
Diane

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 am

Good morning everyone!
Judi, congratulations! Wow, that's a huge family ❤ I'm with you and mosquitoes, they feast on me! Right now I look like I have chicken pox and it's all mosquito bites, ugh.
Lois, yum pancakes for breakfast! Happy Hobby Lobby shopping!
Vel, Happy Anniversary!
Diane, I bet you're over the moon excited!
I'm caught up on yardwork for a little while I hope. I've been going out in the late evenings and staying out there till 10 some nights, I just can't take the sun heat, although yesterday morning the 3 grands here helped me with raking and loading pine needles out of the backyard for a few hours.... it wiped me out for the rest of the day! I didn't add any more mosquito bites at least LOL
I wanted to let you all know that our Christmas Block Swap has 13 in it and today is the last day for signups in case you're still thinking about it.
And if you'd like to see the comfort quilts we've done this year they are posted in the project's of the heart started on page 7 of the comfort quilts thread.
You all have a great day!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning,

TINA - I hear you about the yard. And your heat makes it even worse. It's a lot of work and I just can't do it anymore. So we simplified things here a lot, removed some flower beds, and let Mother Nature have a few others. Bummer about your skeeters. I hate them, too. Fortunately they aren't usually a huge problem here. Annoying enough we occasionally use repellent and/or candles or coils, but not bad like in some parts of the country. I'm surprised you have so many. I think of MN and AK as mosquito country.

JUDI - congratulations on your new baby! I love her name! I bet Ryker is over the moon. That's a big family she has! I hope they don't all try to visit at the same time. Sorry about your mosquitoes. You must be so sweet you provide a feast for them! Do you have all your stars together now? Time to quilt?

VELDA - happy anniversary!

DIANE - Happy kid-landing! I bet they are excited to see their new house!

LOIS - pancakes for breakfast? I'm there!!

MARY Q - a few months ago I went through my Tupperware/Rubbermaid/Glad/Ziplock containers and got rid of lots of stuff. And I still don't use all I have! But at least now I can get to what I did keep.

SHARONA - haha! you're so funny! March on Atlanta . . . :lol: But you're right!

CHRISS - I bought some of those cropped jeans last year - denim and white and light blue. I didn't like the light blue but the others are very comfy and don't slip down constantly.

Yesterday was Christmas Swap blocks and more grocery shopping. And I STILL forgot a couple of things. So back to the store I go today, I guess. I'm making some food and freezing it so I can pull meals together without too much fuss while we have company. And since everyone is bringing their own kitchens I'm sure others will be contributing, too. Today I'm making chicken enchiladas for the freezer. But I will have time today, I believe, to start assembling my GD. This quilt really needs a design wall, but my living room floor will have to do. Snickers knew to stay off quilts on the floor and (after 8 yrs!) Scottie is starting to get it. But Foxy thinks they are there for his own comfort and pleasure. lol!

I wound up a half dozen bobbins yesterday so I'm good for a week or two at least. How about you? Chriss??

Mary Z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:08 am

Good morning!

Oh it is nice and cool right now, 66, with a slight breeze blowing in my window.

Karlie had lots of fun yesterday on her adventure. Ethan was down later, even voluntarily went to the grocery store with us. He needed some grandma time. Ethan very much dislikes grocery shopping!

I finally shortened a pair of my jeans. Tried a new way I found on Pinterest . Works OK, quick and easy, but leaves a raw edge on the inside. So of course being me, I tried to serge it, to make it pretty, broke the needles in my serger, so that isn't going to work. Hope I didn't throw off the timing, still need to check that today. Otherwise, it's a trip to the sewing machine hospital.

Daniel is starting the last part of what he is building for the railroad. He will get that in place, up to the point we have to move the water heater in the mechanical room. We have been living on borrowed time with our current water heater. Everyone here in my neighborhood who's house was built at the same time as mine, by the same builder, have already replaced their's because the water heaters broke. We will be getting a new one. Just trying to see if it will be a conventional water heater or a new fangled tankless, instant hot water one.

So my day will be in the Batt Cave sewing, and upstairs later to make a macaroni salad to go with burgers. Matt and family may be here for dinner. Nana Camp is over and all the kids will be home later this afternoon.

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:28 am

Good beautiful morning. Jerry and Moose are still in bed and I have the windows open and am enjoying the crisp cool air.

It's 70* and our high should only get to 95. When temperatures reach 110* a person is thrilled with 95* because it's under 100. Just like when gas is $4.29 it's great to see $3.99 because it's under $4 And they think I'm not savy to what they are up to.

I got a call yesterday from HICAP and my training will begin July 29th. I'm pretty excited about this. I saw Jerry try to figure out Medicare and can see a real need to have it broken down and explained so that seniors can understand it.

Then I got to thinking. There are probably other perks out there that our seniors aren't aware of. I think once I master HICAP I am going to look into other things that would be of benefit.

Judi, how exciting. Glad Ryker's baby sister finally came out. You know the rules, add a gentle smooch from me. River will be blessed with such a big family. Hope there are many generation pictures in her future. Congratulations

Lois, I would love pancakes, they are not on my diet. If I had pancakes right now they would be covered in syrup and there would be a lot of them. What a great reward to go to hobby lobby after uglies. Smart girl.

Velda, your post made me smile. Happiest of anniversaries.

Diane, how exciting. I bet the kids will have to pick their chins up off the ground when seeing their new house. Hope they can move in soon.

Tina, I went through the comfort quilt pictures. Some really beautiful quilts have been made. you girls do good work.

Maryq, shopping for pants isn't fun. I find that with most things it's best to buy a few pair because you won't find the ones you love ever again. My prayer is that the ones arriving today will fit. Fingers crossed. In the event that Bren catches dinner give me a call, I'll bring dessert. Glad the kids are there and it's all working out.

Sharona, we also have a thousand of the lunchmeat containers. Jerry thinks you need to save ALL of them. I didn't realize yesterday was change the sheets day, mine are in the wash now. I found some great sheets on Amazon. the fitted sheet has really deep pockets and doesn't come off of my mattress. They only come in white so I had to tell myself it really didn't matter what color your sheets were. After a long discussion with my self I convinced me that white sheets were fine and am so glad I ordered them. I'm a hard nut to crack.

Maryz, Yes, I have bobbins wound and am ready to iron and sew. Just a few things to do around here and I can start playing. Chix enchilada's sound great. There are lots of great meals that can be cooked for a crowd. Let me know how the pancakes are at Lois's house. If I were to go I would eat way too many and probably add too much syrup. Marilyn used to ask me to put cinnamon in her pancakes.

Jana, I love a good macaroni salad. Glad the railroad construction is winding down it will be nice to have no more construction. Have a great cookout.

Becca, Cindy, Chickie, MaryRose, Lori, where are you girls? Who else haven't we heard from in a long time?

Hope everyone has a fantastic day
Chriss
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning!

Judi – what a beautiful name! Congratulations to all. Ryker is so cute – I’m glad she’s finally out also. Fingers crossed that you can get your sister’s camper returned. We’ve gone through four cans of OFF already – had to buy a new pack last week.

Lois – pancakes sound yummy. I’m glad you have Hobby Lobby to look forward to after uglies.

Vel – happy anniversary!

Diane – oh I bet everyone is excited!

Tina – how sweet that the grands helped you with yardwork. I’m with you – I can’t take the heat either. I looked through the comfort quilts – they are beautiful.

Maryz – that’s so smart to do a lot of the prep before-hand. What well-trained animals you have! I did the portable design wall – it’s on a piece of foam insulation (they come in the same size as drywall) and covered it with that sticky stuff. It’s extremely light, so when I’m not using it, I just hide it behind a bookcase. But then Foxy would miss out on approving the design…

Jana – wow they must have used some pretty cheap water heaters. I wanted to go tankless, but the plumber and DH overruled me. Yum to the macaroni salad – I still haven’t made one this summer.

Chriss – we get our sheets at (where else), Costco. And only in white. I bleach my sheets, plus we have four beds to put sheets on and I didn’t want to be hunting for matching pillowcases, etc. Having sheets that don’t slip off the mattress is a must! So glad you won that argument with yourself. And white is so restful. Please remind me what HICAP is? And re medicare – I get to sign up in October. All I can add at this point is that the scariest sentence in the English language is: “We’re the government – we’re here to help”. I applaud your desire to learn more about helping seniors understand it all.

I’m headed to Denver to get my hairs cut and visit with one of my best friends. I have a question about red fabric. I have washed said fabric six times and it STILL is leaking dye. I’ve done the vinegar thing, the salt set, etc. We have very hot water (144), and even washing it in that for 1.5 hours didn’t work!!! This fabric is from Joann’s, so maybe it’s cheap and meant to leak forever. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”