Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday July 15, 2021

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Thursday July 15, 2021

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:03 am

Sharon-

try Retayne and if it keeps up, try a different red fabric!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:23 am

Good Sunny/Humid Morning........

Looks like Summer is finally here, slept with AC last night. A whole 2 hours of sleep, I did get up and read a "quilting" novel. Thanks you to those that sent me the books when I was in the hospital. Now I have to work out who killed George!

I put the computer back in the sewing room so I can be near my fabric. :lol:. Then the first thing I need to do is order new pants/jeans. there is not one pair that fits me here.

That's all for now.....Love & Prayers......Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 am

Sharona, I completely agree with Jana. Retayne is wonderful. I also use Shout color catchers in the wash. I have found them at the dollar store. The HICAP info is here. https://www.area12.org/ I'm just learning so don't know anything yet.

Kathy, You are shrinking. Hope you find your size and the perfect pair of jeans. I bought a lot of yard sale and thrift store clothing before figuring out what size I wore.

Happy Thursday,
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:59 am

Judi, congratulations on the new grand baby. So funny what the new big brother said about his sister coming out.

Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:09 pm

Good afternoon to everyone.
Judi, what a pretty name. Congrat's!
Velda, Happy Anniversary!!
Diane, bet the kids are excited to see their new build.
Jana, I'd go with a tankless water heater if you can. It was a big selling factor in a house I had listed, years ago, when I was a Realtor. The buyers had kids and liked that they wouldn't run out of hot water.
Chriss, hope the pants fit. I need elastic across the back of my jeans, so the waist won't gap.
MaryZ, have you designed your RV Park sign? I bet Vicki is going to flip out with so many RV's.

We are getting some days off from Garry's treatments. Dr office doesn't want him back until next Tuesday. They were having trouble getting IV in yesterday. It seems that when a storm is coming and the changes in the barometric pressure, it can make the veins smaller or something. You nurses probably understand this. So, I will get a few days to sew. I had bought some Christmas fabric to test a block for swap, but have decided I better not join the swap this time. Instead I will use some and make a few lotto blocks.

Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:26 pm

Sharon Raytane is available at most quilt stores and on line..it helps set the die. but if this fabric is still leaking after all you did I wouldnt trust it in a quilt. Perhaps another red fabric might be wise/

Return to “Sew ins”