Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 13, 2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday July 13, 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:06 am

Good morning,

It's a little wet outside we are only going to be in the 70's today we have foodshopping to do today and I already started the wash.

Mary z I can just picture your house like a flour bomb your cakes sound wonderful if you get a chance send me some lol :lol: like that could ever happen.

Velda that was fast thinking on your part I need to make my appointment to have both but I have appointment with the gynecologist on Friday so I like to wait till after that.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Re: Tuesday July 13, 2021

Post by billizzy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:31 am

Good morning just got all my critters fed and now I’m gonna load up on some coffee and head into my sewing room trying to wrap up these two UFOs I’m quilting on so hopefully can get those done and posted by the end of the month

Nothing else new here hope all is well out your way try to keep dry we’ve had rain often been cloudy all weekend all week and it was pretty wet this morning when I went out to feed

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning, it is raining and I am getting sun deprived...we to will get into the 70s today if we are lucky. yesterday I opened all the windows and door and by afternoon the humidity was so high we had to close everything up and turn the air on.
Yesterday ken disassembled the LA and 2 of my sons where here to carry it up to the sewing room. we got about half the table reassembled and quit for the night,,,at least its up and Ken is amazed that it will fit...I will now do my cutting on the sewing table istead of a dediated cutting area. and I took down my ironing board and set up an ironing pad I had..it will be a little tighter but cozy. Normally there is only me in here, but I could set up another sewing space if one of my friends comes over to sew,,,( and your always invited)
today we go see the orthropedic surgeon. I have heard of several new knee replacement surgeries out their so we will ask bout them. Ken says his knee is ok as long as he keeps an ace on it and takes motrin...so we will schedule his surgery after vacation ( he has been working and doing everything normal around here so we feel another couple of months willm be ok) I really need a vacation,,,,really . after the appt we head to take my sister to Ohio to pick up her motor home from the repair shop. ( we are 40 minutes from the dealer in Ohio) so a busy day here,,,hope you are all doing fine,,,prayers ent to Shirley Mae and all others needing, XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:19 am

Good morning,

JUDI - glad your LA frame fit! You will like the cozy feel of your sewing room. Everything being so close will save you steps! Maybe Ken's dr will figure out a different, less invasive treatment for his knee.

LOIS - ahhhh - rain. I've almost forgotten what it feels like. Smells like. Sounds like. But if you have any extra and want to share, please send my share to Chriss.

IZZY - How many goats are you up to now?

KATHY - I texted you the info you were asking for. Simply tap on the little circle in the text and the contact info should go right into your address book on your phone.

CHRISS - I saw your River Fire on the news last night. I hope they are able to get a handle on it soon.

Yesterday I got all my UGH-lies done! Hooray! Then a good friend stopped by and we sat out on the deck with iced tea (see?? I don't ALWAYS drink wine!) and visited for 1-1/2 hours, just catching up. So good to see her. Then I had 2 hours to work on my CHristmas swap blocks. Bill should finish up his pressure washing project today and I found one more dusty shelf of knick-knacks to take care of. Because I'm so vertically challenged, I didn't notice how bad it was until last night. And it was really bad because apparently I haven't been noticing it for quite some time :shock: . Today - more stitching on my Christmas blocks and then some menu planning for when our company all gets here. I may also start assembling my GD3. We'll see how the day goes. We're to be about 80* with no rain here. But maybe on Wed. Fingers crossed.

I hope we all find at least a few minutes to spend in our happy place today!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning!

Well, y'all are talking that your temps will be in the 70's and 80's, mine are already there! At 4 this morning, we were 81. Only getting warmer today!

The kids are heading north to the Air Base Museum and the dinosaur park. Aaron gets off duty early today and then they are going. All the little girls love dinosaurs and airplanes.

We are staying home, our handyman will be here, so we will be where it's cool, the Batt Cave! I have a bit of straightening to do and wipe down my counter surfaces. Still getting dust from construction down there. I also need to find a new place for my kids farm table and chairs. It is a kid size table, looks like a barn, with four small chairs, that are shaped like a horse, a pig, a cow, and a sheep. It won't be long until my kids have outgrown it. They all love to sit and play there.

So that's my day here,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning!

Lois – your temps today sound perfect. Happy food shopping.

Izzy – I hope you get to finish up your UFOs.

Judi – ugh – high humidity is not a good combo with heat. I’m so thrilled with your ‘new’ sewing room. Good luck at the orthopedist – it’s so nice to have options. Do you have a vacation in the works?

Maryz – vertically challenged – that phrase cracks me up! Are we talking inches of dust here?! It is nice to catch up with good friends – I’m glad you got to do that. I like planning menus for company. Enjoy your happy place.

Jana - have fun in the batt cave. I'm sorry y'all don't cool off at night, but you do have a doubly cool place to play during the day.

We got the car back yesterday in the early afternoon. It’s like having a new car! Since it was the 90K checkup, they did a whole bunch of stuff. The best part was replacing the wheel bearings. I can now hear myself think. It’s pretty scary to think we were driving around with that problem. I drive to Denver Thursday, and in the state it was in, there was a very real possibility the wheel would have frozen up. Not a good thing when traveling the interstate! I met a friend yesterday for coffee – God’s timing is amazing. She had just been diagnosed with Afib three days prior to us meeting. Today is Costco and then working on my Christmas blocks. Thanks so much for all your encouragement – y’all are so kind and sweet! Xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 am

Good morning girlfriends, hope you all slept well and are on your way to a marvelous day.

I'd really like to go get a haircut today but not sure if I will head into town or not.

Lois, sure wish it were wet here today. We could use wet.

Izzy, "nothing new" is sometimes a good thing.

Judi, glad your LA fit. Jerry made me an ironing station out of a baby changing table. I can roll my chair between it and my sewing table. Hope all your knee questions get answered. If it's sunshine you are needing we have more than our share.

Maryz, nice to visit with a friend. Thanks for the gift of Lois's rain, it is gratefully appreciated. You are so good at planning for company, making menu's and such. I am so not the hostess, or the house cleaner, or the gardener.

Jana, the girls loving dinosaurs and air planes made me think of King Kong. We are at 77* at almost 7am. We should see anywhere from 101 to 103 today depending on which weather online site you check out.

Sharona, so glad you were able to meet with your friend, I bet you were a real blessing to her as you two chatted. safe travels, glad the car is all better.

Moose is doing his stare out the window and make short hmph noises. Not real barks but just kind of "I'm miffed" noises as the squirrels squeak. He's at alert and ready for action. He is now outside and all critters are no longer on our property. Once again he has saved me sure peril.

You all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:37 am

Good Morning! I switched to my laptop so I could do a real reply today. We were up very early and as usual off to Walmart when they open at 7AM. I don't even know if they are doing the 6AM Senior day hour any more. We have found the store is quiet and not many people there at 7AM, so that's our new grocery trip.
Walmart is all we have here anymore since we lost our local chain grocery two or three years ago. I miss it actually but Walmart is ok, we have gotten used to this being our regular store.
Lois: busy gal today with laundry and grocery shopping. Well, I am with you on the grocery shopping. Glad to have it done for another week!
Izzy: So busy with your critters.....gotta love the farm life! Never a dull moment, that's for sure. Also, it's good to finish UFOs. Good job!
Judi: Hope the ortho meeting gives you good news. Glad your revised sewing room is working out so well.
Now, when is this vacation? Is it coming up soon?
Maryz: You sure are buzzing along with your sewing projects. Which reminds me, what exactly does "GD3" stand for?? I have been trying to figure it out. You mentioned it a lot lately and I decided that I just need to admit that I don't know and ask!
Jana: I forgot where you are located. I am guessing Carolinas? I figured since you mentioned it being so hot even before daylight. You must be in the south or southeast.
Your kids table sounds so cute. I bet it will be handed down to the next generation.
Sharona: Your friend that you met for lunch with Afib, what are they going to do to help her. Not all patients with Afib end up with a pacemaker as I did. But I am curious just what symptoms she has had, if any. I only had a slight dizzy spell or light feeling of fainting. I truly ignored it and I guess I should have NEVER ignored important symptoms.
Chriss: Haircut? Oh, my, I love a new haircut. I always wait too long and then I am hating my hair and get so mad at my hair. So last haircut, I just went ahead and made my next appointment. That way, I know I will get there before I start hating my hair so much. LOL That will be coming up soon. I just looked at my calendar and it's coming before the end of this month. Great!!
Oh, I love the story about Moose: He is on duty..... no fears, you can feel so safe!! Don't you just love how the fur babies love you so much and take their job so seriously to protect you?

Well, now that I am all caught up, time to get started on my "Sew Along" Block for this week. I have my fabrics all chosen and cut out. Now to get those HS triangles sewn without having to "frog". LOL Same with the QS triangles. Those are tricky for me to get the right fabrics and right colors paired correctly.
It's a neat block, but I don't have very many of El's books, so I have to sketch it out on a piece of paper and then apply the measurements that Katy gives us and write up my own directions. I am saving each week's notes so if when we are finished, and I decide I want a couple extra blocks to make up my quilt, I can choose which week I want and refer to my notes.
You all have a great day. And keep those bobbins full.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:44 am

Vel - none of the places you thought, I am in Utah, the high desert, just south of Salt Lake City.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am

Good morning all
Today was clean out roses day I did not get to them in spring so I had a real mess and they have not had new mulch for about 3 years. Got all cleaned out and three remulched. I put down newspaper under mulch helps kill weeds.
On sewing front I guess I am going to have to purchase a 20 inch square up ruler. Got my basket sewn together and of course its not 20 inch square. One half inch off on three sides . I will give it some thought might be able to minipulate tiny piece that goes around it. I also printed off clue 5 of mystery. Very strange instructions We are going to have tails on one side of blocks LOL She said to leave them Got my curiosity peaked.
On the guild front we decided to go from night time meeting to afternoon meetings on different day. Hope I remember we changed. Also Lotto blocks went from lotto to a sew a long LOL starting in January. This will be like the one Mary and I led except we will get a book of all different blocks and can make to keep show or donate. This a thought if we do another sew a long. Send instructions to people participating. Need your thoughts on this

On garden front still not much produce. I did have green beans and bacon and new potatoes. I also pulled about 7 onions out of raised bed. and a couple of small green peppers. o 2 large cherry tomatoes LOL

Well Ladies I need another cup of Java before lunch.
You all have a great sewing day and have fun out there.
Katy

Ps maybe we should tell each other where we are from. Me Western Illinois

Return to “Sew ins”