Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UPDATE New 7/14 More Good News from ShirleyMae

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

UPDATE New 7/14 More Good News from ShirleyMae

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:14 pm

UPDATE ON DD3 REport .......... All BIOPSIES are BENIGN

Hi everyone, Thank you so much for your prayers. They are working. DD3 called a short time ago. Her dr got back to her on biopsies on her breast and lymph nodes. ALL WERE BENIGN! Said to come back in for a recheck in 6 months. What a relief to all of us, especially her. Rod's mom died of breast cancer so it is on his side of the family. Always a fear for girls when it is in the family line.

Rod had blood tests this am. No report back yet but will post when I hear more. So appreciate all your prayers and kind and caring words of comfort and peace. Chriss, thank you for the bible verses you gave me yesterday. Means so much to me and helped to calm me down some.

God bless you all for being there when we need you for prayers and support. May God be with all of you today, and bring healing and hope and comfort to all for their needs today too.

Hugs across the miles from stormy HOT Sun City, AZ. Shirley Mae and family and the kittycats too.

Original request for prayers msg..........................................

HI, I don't know how to write this except my family all needs prayers. Getting so much upsetting medical news on all sides, don't know which way to turn.

Son is getting followup tests for a cyst they found on his brain a week ago. haven't heard back from that. Found it by accident while ckg for something else. He is retired military....33 yrs, and so many medical problems keep popping up with him. Will keep you posted when I find out more. He doesn't like to worry us, so doesn't always tell us what is going on with him.

Sister just had knee surgery a few days ago. Removed cyst from back side of knee and ended up doing a full knee replacement as well. She is home but having problems getting around. Lots of therapy in her future. She is a quilter and is so upset she can't do much of that right now. She leads a group that does lots of charity quilts for several diff projects in her community.

DD3 had a mammo last week and had to go back in for some biopsies this morning. Called me later and said they found several spots on her breast and also in the lymph nodes under that arm. She was sore already from biopsies and numbness hasn't worn off yet. She will get those results Wed. Flying to TX on Fri to spend a week with her sister, our DD2 so hope she feels up to that. Haven't seen each other for 5 yrs.

And last but most important.......my DH Rod. He had to have an ultrasound this am on his liver. Since he had a liver transplant 20 yrs ago, the drs follow him quite closely and run tests yrly. Today, they called back in several hrs and want him to go in for some blood tests tomorrow am and schedule some kind of scan with contrast die as soon as possible. They found a spot on his liver that wasn't there a few months ago.

An oncologist is also following him for something they call M-GUS. I don't understand it but something about too much protein in blood, can lead to cancer. Supposed to go back every 6 months but something showed up in a routine blood test a few wks ago and he was just in there a few months ago. That dr wants him to have another more thorough blood test tomorrow too. She had scheduled a video chat but called a few days ago and said wants to see him in person so not sure what is going on with him.

He also has very bad diabetic neuropathy in his feet, can barely get around these days. Uses a motorized wheelchair whenever we go out anywhere that involves much walking. Always uses a cane other places if very short distances. Getting worse every day. And he has just started getting rather forgetful about some things. Don't know if from pain meds or another problem.

Sorry so long folks but I too, as well as my family, need prayers please. I am trying to trust in God to handle all of this and give me strength and courage and hope to get thru whatever the days ahead hold for all of us. I will try to keep you all posted if I find out more but busy life around here these days. I try to read when I can. And I pray for all your needs daily, my cyber family for so many yrs.

God bless everyone today and all your tomorrows too, with better health and healing, comfort and peace too. So many illnesses etc on here lately so thank you all for prayers for us and others too.

Shirley Mae/ittybittygma

God bless you all, prayers for all your needs today too.
Last edited by Ittybittygma on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Prayer Request....my family is falling apart!

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Shirley Mae, Sorry so much is going on with your family.

I will say a prayer as soon as I finish this post. In the meantime pull out that bible and start reading. Psalms 30:2, Jeremiah 17:14, Jeremiah 30:17, and Isaiah 41:10 for starters. Rely on God, he will see you through this.

Hugs to you and yours Shirley Mae.

Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Shirley Mae

Sorry for all the illness in you family God will see you through.

I will be sending prayers.
Lois.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:03 am

Shirley Mae - I am so very sorry for all the illness in your family. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:11 am

Dear Shirley,
I am so sorry to hear all the health problems in your family. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please hold tight to your faith and that you have an army of sisters behind you.

Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:29 am

Shirley Mae your in my prayers writing them all down in prayer journal now. Hugs coming your way too. Hang in there God heard your cry He is with you even when you think you are alone πŸ₯°πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:59 am

Shirley Mae, so much medical stuff all at once must be overwhelming to you! You hang in there and know we're all saying prayers for you and yours! God bless you all!

mary z

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:00 am

Shirley Mae, so much medical stuff all at once must be overwhelming to you! You hang in there and know we're all saying prayers for you and yours! God bless you all!

mary z

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:24 am

Shirley Mae - you and your precious family are in my prayers as well. Lean on Him - He is with you even when you feel alone. xoxo Sharona

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:37 am

All my prayers
Flo

Return to β€œSew ins”