Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday July 11,2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday July 11,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning I was up listening to the rain. we are supposed to get rain all day.
Yesterday was a very productive day, I was able to remove a large cutting table and rearrainge my room to fit my Long Arm...even Ken was amazed. My grandmothers treadle went in our bedroom and now has a plant sitting on it...and the large banquet table I used for cutting will go to the basement. ( I didnt need anything that big anyway) All is vacumed and dusted. Next step is to move the machine and frame it sits on...( no easy task) Ken was amazed that I made it fit. measured a zillion times to make sure,,,I will only move it once...
Today If I get time I will sew on my star blocks as I got them all ready to sew...hope your day is filled with adventure,,,my word for today is gratitude,,,may we all be grateful for what we have been givenXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Sunday July 11,2021

Post by velvet » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:38 am

Enjoy your new room- I will I could have a LA but really have no room. Who knows maybe in the future.
Getting ready for my family on Thurs. for a week. My DS and DDIL won the bid on the house. YAHOO!!!!!
So when they come this week-we'll go and celebrate on the site. I think they are in the sheetrock stage, so we can probably walk thru. They are so very very excited. On the sad side, my DD will be left in NY with her hubby and 2 GD's. Dawn and Fran are very close so I know they will miss each other very much. It will be hard on them all.

The weather is bright and sunny, so I'm off to the screen room with my coffee before I stay my day.

Packages going out Monday to: Maryz -binding and a small surprise.
Judi- panels for QOV
Maryq- small quilts sewn by Laura for the kids.

HA! HA! you thought I forgot about you. I just hope you like what was sent.

Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:01 am

Just popping in to say hello. Drinking coffee, and off to church very soon. Nothing special going on here. Rain possibility in everyday again for week ahead. Just can't plan too much for outside. Rain is spotty and, I wish out west could have some of this.
Last night it poured and we all got wet going to restaurant. By the time we finished our meal, it had passed. Today will be more of the same. Some places will get a lot, others, none.
Looking forward to next "sew along block".
😊
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:06 am

Good morning!

Putting the last bit 9n my lesson for today. It's been a challenge to get this lesson prepared with all my family in and out. I hope I will do OK. The lesson is based around the Good Samaritan.

The boys have made good progress on the railroad. This is phase one. Daniel is next building a tough section that goes up against a wall and through my mechanical room. What makes it tough is getting the tablexat the right elevations.

After church I will sew more. My sidekick, Karlie,, plays in a cubby space,, as we call it,, right next to me and my sewing machine. She is always showing me her dolls and stuffed animals. Karlie loves stuffed animals. Each one has a name and she teaches you the names.

Not much else here. Sewing, giggles and princess movies!

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning everyone.
We had lots of much needed rain yesterday afternoon and evening. So we have pretty dense fog this morning. I am working on the quilting of the quilt for hubby’s aunt. Then I am going to start a throw size quilt for a friend of hubby’s daughter in-law. She has breast cancer and has chosen to have both breasts removed. That had to be a hard decision to make. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 am

Morning
Didn't get tile laid yesterday. But did get concrete board down and level ease poured.
So after church, back to little house. It does seem never ending, but not working as hard or as many hours. We decides starting next month, going to take rv on a bunch of weekend get aways.
Suzette, the decision for my double mastectomy wasn't hard for me, but was for my little sister...everyone is different. My prayers are with her. I still cherish quilt El's angels sent me.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:55 am

Good morning,

JUDI - that's great you can fit your LA into your room! Moving a LA is a difficult process. I remember having to move ours 7 years ago when we re-carpeted. What a process! What are you going to use for a cutting table now, Are the girls at your house today?

DIANE - hooray for more family moving close to you! Which family has the two girls, Piper and ?Lily? (Sorry, I'm having trouble calling up her name from the little compartment in my brain assigned to you and yours.) I'll be on the lookout for that package.

VELDA - Yes, any state in the west would LOVE to have your rain! Even western Washington is having it's worst drought since 1895 - 126 years.

SUZETTE - I think I'm with Flo - if I rec'd a dx of breast ca I wouldn't hesitate to have a double mastectomy. Consider telling your friend about Knitted Knockers - They are free, knitted prosthetics, and, I'm told, much more comfy than traditional, heavy, prosthetics. We met the founder of this international organization when camping last month. Just Google Knitted Knockers.

JANA - you will miss your little side-kick when she goes home! And I suspect her parents may notice if you try to keep her. :D

CHRISS - I have a hard time making decisions either regarding fabric. When that happens, I lay it out and take pix with my phone. It often gives a different perspective. Then I start eliminating rather than trying to choose. When I'm done, my fabric is chosen by process of elimination and I delete those pictures. My parents left a huge box of mostly unlabeled pictures. My SIL didn't know who/what they all were so she tossed them all into a paper bag to burn in the fireplace later. But I found them, took them home, and eventually was able to identify most of them. There were photos of all four of my great-grandparents and even a few of my great great grandparents! I'd never seen pictures of any of them before. Treasures!! As well as other great great relatives!

SHARONA - You're right - I did wear myself out! lol! And right again - I did have a glorious day yesterday! thank you very much! Are you repairing that large quilt? I've done a few repairs before. UGH! What's happening at your house today? Any more company coming?

FLO - It never ends, does it. . .

We found out that one of our Oregon guest couples will be arriving 2 days sooner than we expected - next Saturday. The second couple will show up on Monday. I think they will all leave Wed or Thursday. We went to Costco and Freddie's yesterday to get stocked up so we're good on food. So glad we have plenty of RV parking. This isn't going to make Vicki happy. But since we got the anti-harassment order against her she has followed it to the letter so hopefully she won't pester our guests. Our guests and their vehicles are actually mentioned in the order.

Speaking of Vicki, she has been found miles from home stumbling along the road or resting on benches, rocks, etc. Drivers stop to see if she needs help and she asks them to take her to a store for groceries, telling them her kids won't buy her food. (which is not true) So these strangers give her a ride and she buys alcohol and cigarettes. She has been "86'ed" from most nearby C-stores for causing scenes that require police intervention so she is having to go further afield. But other than this, we see little of her these days.

Bill is pressure-washing the house. I've asked him maybe 5 times in the last 12 years to do this but to no avail. I asked him again to do it before we got our new windows. Nope. Now, suddenly, yesterday he says he's going to do it! And now he'll have to wash all the new windows that will get splashed, adding to the work. That'll show me for 'nagging' him! :lol: I will be sewing, hopefully finishing up my Gypsy Dancer 3 blocks. Then it will be time for assembly. This quilt isn't difficult but it is very time consuming and you DO have to pay close attention to the directions. Such a fun project. I've seen it made up in Halloween fabrics and it's awesome! When I finish these blocks, my plan is to start stitching down my Christmas swap blocks.

CHICKIE had a few more 'episodes' the last few days where she gets extremely dizzy and falls down and can't get up. She says it is all tied to her strokes, TIAs, thyroid. She will be seeing her dr soon.

BECCA was released from rehab and, I assume, is home again. A day before her comfort quilt arrived! So the quilt is chasing her home.

CINDY has been busy with the mechanics of practical living - trying to sell Don's truck, dealing with SS, insurance, bills, etc. Her sister is helping her through all this.

And now I've chatted long enough. My coffee is cold. Time to go shower and maybe I'll cook a nice breakfast this morning.

Mary Z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:25 am

Good morning, It's going to be a stellar day today.

My word for the day is grateful, I am grateful for the people in my life who show me so much kindness, my heart is very full and I am very appreciative

The temperature should get to anywhere from 108 to 110 depending on which weather site you look up. Once it gets past 100 does it really matter?

After the flea market and farmers market yesterday I got my swap blocks started. fused down all my fabric and today will cut out my shapes. The blocks will go together nicely, really thinking about doing a second block, but maybe not. who knows.

Judi, I wrote the above before I read your post. You have been a source of my gratefulness often, thank you. I am so glad your LA fit in your room. My cutting table was purchased at Joanns, it has fold down sides and wheels. I love that I can roll it around as needed and often do in my small room. It's wonderful to have all your toys in one area. what fun to be you.

Diane, I am so glad the kids got the house. I bet the reason I felt that earthquake was from their jumping up and down with excitement. and the sheetrock stage, that means it's getting close to being done. Maybe your DD will figure out a way to move closer soon? Enjoy your family visit.

Velda, I would think,, with all the people in Cali that the sheer weight would slant the US just enough so that water would run this way. Maybe New York is the problem? they have a lot of people too. I wish you could send rain too. Today our church will be online. the A/C went out at the church so it will be too hot for service. Enjoy your service.

Jana, you will have a great lesson. Love that Karlie names her dolls and stuffed animals. I remember naming my dolls too.

Suzette, It's been years since I have seen fog. It's so dry and hot here I'm not sure I will ever see it again. Prayers for the DIL having surgery. Are you using your Jazz to quilt the quilts? Do you still love it?

Flo, It is wonderful that you and Joe decided to take weekends off for the two of you. hope you go to lots of fun and places.

Maryz, now you stop trying to get Velda's rain. I think she should send it to Cali, we are becoming a desert here. I have a tote of those old pictures. mostly cardboard instead of paper. They are of generations past and not named. I did find one of General Lee that was marked, don't think he was related. I really feel for Vickie's kids, they must be so frustrated. Thanks for the updates on the girls. Glad Becca is home, hope they can fix Chickie and for Cindy, it's a lot to do but she is able to do it, glad her sister can help. Now where has Kathy been? High five to Bill for pressure washing the house, so glad he thought of it.

Well if I don't get off my tush nothing will get done. Hope you all have a great day
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:27 am

Grateful is a good word for the day. I'm Grateful for this forum and all of you! Also Grateful for being able to see DH's little sister and her hubby. They came over yesterday with our mail that I had sent to their address. Mail forwarded from Texas had a problem. Showed up with right side of priority envelope open and only one magazine left inside. Hopefully all mail will find its way back to Texas, so it can be sent again.

I washed Christmas fabrics and hope to test a couple of blocks today, if I get the credit card stuff done first.

MaryZ, thank you for the updates.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:41 am

Judi, how nice everything will be in one place.

Mary, you really need to knock it down a notch. 5 times in 12 years is really a lot of nagging. lol At least it is getting done. My Bill did the same thing to me as I was getting ready for company I had my day planned out, and he decides to wash down the front patio. Getting the 8 foot slider and atrium window wet. I had just cleaned them the week prior. Men!

Chriss, yes...we need the rain down here really bad. Sounds like you are getting the hang of being retired. Isn't it great?

Lyn, the postal service is severely lacking these days. I think we need to rethink the was it done.

I'm heading out to a retreat Monday thru Thursday. So I'll pack up the car this evening. I need to do a few things around the house today. I have a couple pineapple blocks ready to sew, so I'll get those done prior to packing up the machine.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”