Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat, July 10

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Sat, July 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:38 am

Good morning,

I overlslept and still I'm first here! Wakey, wakey, everyone! I'm done with all my ughlies for a little while. Bill is going to start pressure washing the house today so I may end up getting involved with that, but other than that, no plans. I have 14 swap blocks fused and ready to start stitching. I'll work on them and on my GD3 today. Yesterday I made a few lotto blocks and mailed them off. It's going to be all about the sewing for the next few days. With temps in the 75-80 range. Life is good!

CHRISS - I'm glad you're glad you decided to stay retired. Sorry it was such a surprise, but I think you will LOVE it! Every retired person I know is so busy they don't know how they managed to fit in a job! As to jobs, it's the same here. I think so many people have been living for free off the government that they are going to take every dollar offered before going back to work. I was wondering if you felt those earthquakes. I had to laugh - if Jerry dies first you are going to turn the living room into a quilting room. It's good to have plans and goals.

SHERRY - our JD also has a safety switch. If it's not in neutral, as soon as you lift your bottom even an inch off the seat, the tractor shuts off.

MARY Q - You mean your kids are planning to stay with you for a full year? I think if I were going to wait that long to look for a house to buy, I'd rent for the time being. Did you find your Christmas fabrics? I did make some lotto blocks yesterday and sent them off to Teresa. It took me only an hour to do eight 6-1/2" blocks and that included "fabric shopping" in my Christmas boxes.

JUDI - I hope the LA fits! what other rooms do you have upstairs? Could it go into one of them if necessary? When our grands spent the night, they never stayed in the guest room we used to have, but always chose to sleep on the floor in sleeping bags in the family room. We finally figured we used our guest room for real guests an average of one night/year but we'd use the room almost every day if we ditched the bed and that has turned out to be a very good decision. But I do miss the guest bed to lay out quilts!

LYN, last we heard (which was last night) the Canadian border will stay closed at least to the end of July. They decide on a monthly basis. I suspect when they finally do open it, people will have to show proof of vaccination. Sorry you can't get to your boat in Canada.

VELDA - I'm a get-ready-early kind of person. I'm afraid if I were in your position, I'd have boxes already filled and the back of the pick-up filled with stuff for the move! That would be REALLY hard to do when living in an RV!

Everyone, Have a great Saturday!
mary z

grammiequilts

Re: Sat, July 10

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:59 am

Good Morning,,,It is sunny and a bit cooler here, Girls are sleeping and so is my son...they have plans to go to a water park today if they make it. they also want to go to the mall. Cheys dad will be busy, me not so much. I am still in the process of rearranging the sewing room. but it is ready when I can get the machine moved..one more final measurement and it may be a go...
I know I should be washing walls andwindows and doing stuff like that but I spent the last 2 days...( in my spare time) removing 2500 photos from photobucket....seems anything over 250 requires $60 per hyear to keep them there...Im too cheap to do that so I downloaded them all to my laptop and Ken relocated them to another drive for safe keeping...seens total there are thousands of photos from vacations and kids and grandkids// not to menyion the hundreds of quilt photos i have saved too...I am not sure what I am going to do with them now....you cant put them in an album to look at on rainy days with a cup of coffee and trip down memory lane...so they will sit there till someone gives me a suggestion I can use...( rememeber i am NOT computer savy) I have bout 5 more alternate blocks for my star quilt then to square up the star blocks and put the rows togehter,,,Since the girls dont want to play in the sewing room I steal away minutes while they play their on line games with friends..or they go somewhere,,,Ken had them gone for about 5 hours yesterday and he really enjoyed himself. I think they did too..
Well I have been recruited to make pancakes today so Off i go to the kitchen...Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:15 am

JUDI - I, too, have a lot of photos. They are all on my phone. I've been going through them, deleting ones I don't really want. Then we'll upload them to Costco for printing and Bill will move the digitals to a special hard drive he has just for photos. When the print photos arrive, I file them into photo boxes. And I do write on the backs of them what they are. For me that is evening TV work - writing and filing. The first time I did it was a BIIIIGG job, but now I try to do it at least once a year to keep on top of it.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:00 am

Good morning all! Got my yard mowed yesterday and it looks pretty good. Boy do I love my John Deere zero turn mower since I have almost 4 acres to mow. Tomorrow and Monday supposed to have a lot of rain so glad it is done. Today will take it easy though because my knees hurt from the bumpy ride mowing (most of the ground is clay and very bumpy) and it is going to rain. Will watch sports and movies today and work on my cross stitch project. I want to get it done so can start my new Civil War project.

Also need to do laundry and load dish washer. What would we do without washing machines and dishwashers? I remember doing them by hand.

I too need to go through all the old photos that we took with a real camera over many years before out phones. I am trying to get them sorted. So many of them were when the boys were very young so making copies of them for the boys.

Well better get going. I need to go to Meijer's for some oil and vinegar dressing. I want to make my vegetable salad with tomatoes, olives, mushrooms and cheese and forgot to get the dressing. It keeps bugging me that I forgot it so might as well go get it so it is done.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay and enjoy the weekend.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:06 am

Good morning!

All's quiet here at the moment. Everyone but me is still asleep. It will stay quiet too. Sarah and family are off to a in law side of the family for a wedding. It will be a all day thing .

The boys are still working on train stuff and I will straighten up my kitchen and then sew. It's a good day for being in the Batt Cave with the heat outside. Another over 100 is forecast. Our overnight lows are around 70, still quite warm. Tomorrow. Daniel will ride will Aaron on duty for a few hours. It will be quite interesting with those two together!

Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:53 am

Hi everyone. Happy Saturday. I was here very early and nobody was up. Didn't want to be First so I got busy and forgot to come back.
When we went full time RVing, I took on the task of saving all photos digitally. Including all my old black n whites. We wanted to be able to look at them. Can't carry around photo albums.
I have thumb drives (USB drives). All labeled with years. When I open on my lap top there are folders to sort by date, subject, people, quilts, etc.
Memories you can review as slideshows on laptop or pop into TV and view slideshows as you have coffee and relax. Or laugh your heart out with the kids, when they look back to Grandpa and Grandma's childhood.
It's well worth the hours if planning.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:05 am

Morning
Even though kids living in their house, its not finished. So it's off to lay more ceramic tile today.
Flo

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 am

Maryzzzz – You must be wearing yourself out – seems like that’s the second time this week you’ve overslept. The latest quilt I was working on was a quilt my step-mom's mom made. It was HUGE and reinforced my desire to never work on anything larger than a lap quilt. Good luck to Bill with the pressure washing. It’s good to be you today – all sewing, all the time.

Judi – I hope they make it to the water park – I bet they’ll have a blast. Wow that’s a lot of photos to go through. I’d like a pancake also…

Sherry – it’s so nice to have the outside chores done before the weather hits. Have fun at Meijers. I love that store. A veggie salad sounds very good.

Jana – it’s nice you can stay in and beat the heat.

Vel – organizing photos is indeed a daunting process, but like you said, well worth the effort.

Flo – it seems that house will never be done sometimes!

The car people said the noise was due to wheel bearings on the driver’s side needing to be replaced. This is our first time at this dealership – the mechanic sent us a video of all they were doing and of the bad bearing stuff. Interesting… We went out for breakfast (waiting for the rush hour traffic to die down) at a yuppy-type restaurant. The ‘music’ they played was hideous and so ding dang loud. It was reminiscent of Yoko Ono screeching. I get a headache just remembering it! HAHAHA I’m headed to sew as soon as I grab some water. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Good hot afternoon. 105 here right now.

Jerry and I went to a very lame city wide yard sale in a town called Twain Harte. It is near the town where we like to go to the farmers market. Even the farmers market didn't have what it usually has. but we got some peaches and some lettuce so it wasn't a total loss.

Maryz, I'm with you. get those boxes packed and be ready to move. I might even stand at the front door of Velda's condo with my arms folded across my chest tapping my foot. Guess it's good that she is moving in and not us. Glad your ugly's are done, mine need to begin.

Judi, hope the girls made it to the water park. I just don't keep photo's. I have boxes of old photo's from my growing up and my kids growing up but nothing current. My son and Marilyn have a million pictures on their phones. And when I die they will get to go through a boatload of old pictures. Hope yours get all sorted out.

Sherry, yay. the lawn tractor works. what a blessing.

Jana, hope Aaron and Daniel have an uneventful ride along. nice to have a quiet morning.

Velda, Nice to sit and look at pictures all sorted.

Flo, is tile the last of the things needing to be done at the kids house. hope it's all done soon.

Sharona, We rarely go to a restaurant's but did go to a Denney's the other day. Had a burger no bun and it was surprisingly good. No music thankfully, sorry Yoko seemed to be eating where you were. Wish I had known earlier that Judi was making pancakes I would have picked you up and we could have gone together.

Maryq, sure hope you get to be the happiest mom on earth this Christmas, it would be wonderful to have all kids under one roof. Did you find that dishwasher?

Not much going on here, sorting through Christmas fabric for my swap block. It's hard for me to make decisions. I just need to pull, iron, and sew.

You all have a marvy day
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”