Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday july 9th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: friday july 9th

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:43 am

Good Morning Girls

Yeah, It's Friday! but then every day is about the same around here, a little "noisier" than before but it's wonderful!

Judi.... Agree, it would be nice to have your LA machine close by.... if nothing else it will save a lot of steps up and down. As someone who is living in a crowded sewing room... if it make it too
"scrunchy"... you might want to keep it down in the basement... Enjoy those girls... before you know it... they will be too busy with BOYS to want to be with Gramma.

Sharon... My kids have kidded about building me a little "she shed" in my back yard (I have 1 acre lot) only not just for sewing... They are going to devise a conveyor belt system and send food out to me---that's where I'd live! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lori... Will send some extra prayers for your FIL today.. May God watch over him and grant him a safe and peaceful passing.

Flo... Are the kids getting settled in their new home?

Maryz.. You watch the baking show? Corinne loves that show! Kris and Evie like to bake too so who knows how much weight I'll gain with them here. Kris has an MBA in business and when in Canada she was the Real Estate Director for Canadian Pacific Railroad. She's had one job offer so far and is meeting with her old college professor next week.. he has ideas for her.. Mostly consulting work. They will probably not buy a place of their own until after Brennen graduates next spring.

Velda... Oh what a treat that will be... to do laundry in your own machines!!! Not have to get up early to beat the rush at the laundromat! I have some pieces of Christmas fabric left over from my Swap Angels... I just might try a Lotto block or two! Thanks for the "arm twist"

Lyn... So sorry you aren't able to make it up to Canada again this year.. They sure have different rules up there. A friend of mine has a cabin on Lake of the Woods and friends with a resort on the Canada side... It's been very hard on them with the border closed.... They had a lot of USA tourists prior to Covid... and now no one can get there.

Chriss... Yes it would be wonderful for Jen to be home.. And yes, David's house has sold... on contingency for now, but it's set to close the first week of August I think. I'm just kind of hoping that they can come home for Christmas. That would sure make me the happiest mom in the whole world.!!

Sherry.... When I fell off my lawn mower a few years ago... I was really glad for that safety switch!

Jana..... I so hear you about flies! They used to be lots of cattle/dairy farms around me and the flies were awful. Now all that wonderful farm land is houses... and no more flies... Still mosquitoes tho! UGH

Well, time for more coffee... I've been dilly-dallying while I type and searching the internet--Home Depot, Lowes, Sam's... for a new dishwasher. They seem to be on sale every where and all about the same prices. Guess I'll just have to get my butt in gear and go LOOK at them in person.

Hoping to get one installed soon.. Shawn and Kris think they can do it... They will facetime Kris's dad for help! :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all A Fabulous Friday!

Return to “Sew ins”