Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday july 9th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

friday july 9th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:36 am

Good morning it cloudy but no rain...75 today which means a more comfortable day...I am re arraunging my sewing room in hopes of bringing my LA up here. i need to give up a large cutting table but I have other space to cut on. If it doesnt work ok but I want to try...It frees up a lot of space in the basement and I have eveerything I need in one room. It is a 10 ft frame.
Today I have laundry to do...Ken took my car for an oil change and then he will take the girls out to my sisters for a swim and they will go shooting too. They love spending time with grampa/ and he doesnt get much time with them. and I get a bit of time off....girls are a lot of work...last night at 11 I had to shut the computers down so they would go to sleep...I am always in bed by 10 or earlier. but they are lovable and fun too..it is quite an adventure with 2 girls...well hope you have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

womster

Re: friday july 9th

Post by womster » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:00 am

Good morning!

Judi - best of luck in your rearranging - I hope it all fits. It is nice to have everything in one room. 11pm?! Wow they are night owls. Enjoy your cooler weather.

I am up at o'dark hundred - we have to take the car in for its 90000 checkup. After we get home, I will water the plants and then head out to sew. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:05 am

Judi, the girls are making memories that will last a life time. I bet they are having a blast.
Enjoy. Hope you can fit everything in the room. Having it all in one place would be nice.

Sharona, hope you car check-up is quick so you can get to sewing.

I'm up early. Bill got a call that his father fell in the middle of the night. He's been having strokes and this was a big one. He has a major bleed in the back of his brain. So they will keep him comfortable. He's 95.

Yesterday my Dad stopped by. It's the 1st time he's been to my house since my Mom passed. He was having a hard day and needed to get out of the house. I did some sewing in the afternoon and cut up some more small pieces for the "Long Time Gone" quilt. More of the same today.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:33 am

Morning
Yesterday was fun. It's stead of 2 of us, there was 3. We chatted & caught up. The 4th member may join us in 2 weeks!
Today is normal home stuff. Nothing else new.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:48 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I bet you can make that frame fit in your sewing room. Take a deep breath and squeeze! My sewing room is 10x 10 and it is JAMMED, so we put the 11-ft quilt frame in the room across the hall which is 10x13. It pretty much fills up the room. But wouldn't it be nice to have everything in one place!

LORI - sorry to hear about your FIL's stroke and fall. God bless him. And also about your own dad. He must be so lonely.

SHARONA - hope your car passed its check-up and you got to sew yesterday. Are you still working on that baby quilt? (You WERE making a baby quilt, weren't you?)

JANA - what's the story today at your house? Is "Tim" coming to hopefully finish the ceiling? What's next?

MARY Q - I bet the kids are anxious to settle into their own home as soon as they can. What kind of work is Kris looking for?

CHRISS - Glad to be of help with those bobbins! FLO I hear you about gym equip at home. It makes a great ironing rack! Plus, you have to store it! Maybe you can devise your own equipment - soup cans to paint cans(weights), stairway into house (stairstepper), Floor (belly crunches), and, of course, your walking. Snickers and I used to walk by ourselves and listen to audio books but I kept running into Lori and Max so eventually, we started walking together. EVery morning. I've been walking now for more than 25 years and we have new fur-walking buddies, Scottie and Duchess.

FLO - glad you are having fun. What are you doing?

Yesterday I got my chore list for the day done and then got to sew on my Christmas blocks and later my GD3 blocks. Considering lotto blocks, too, but will see if I can fit them in. Today, I want to clean picture frames. I was noticing yesterday how dusty they are. Ugh! But most of my BIG ugh-lies are done. Yay! So I guess it might be mostly a play day for me! Maybe I'll bake something . . . . We watch Great British Baking Slow and I get inspired.

Has anyone heard if Valerie is back from her Vegas trip yet?

Have a Fantabulous Friday!

Mary Z ( :lol: haha! I accidentally signed off Mary Q! and had to correct myself!)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:00 am

Good TGIF Day! We got up at 5am. Fast "cuppa" and zipped off to Laundromat. Only a few more weeks and we will be doing laundry at home 😊
So now back home and having second cup of coffee β˜•. Maryz: what a funny, that you almost signed the wrong name. Ha, Ha.

I am working on Lotto, since I finished week 14 of our " sew-along'". Boy this month's Lotto is easy!!!
If you have any Christmas leftovers of fabric from previous projects, this is ideal for using them. And.. you might just win enough blocks to make a small cute quilt to put on an easy chair or sofa. Check it out when you get a chance. Yes, I am cheering for Teresa. She's so sweet and has had lots of issues, and still remains our faithful hostess. For awhile her and Maryq shared it. They both are great!!!
Glad it is Friday. Brings us one more week closer to moving into our condo.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 am

Calling for a rainy weekend here.
Bought some Christmas fabric and will test possible blocks and decide if I will join swap.
Just talked to the guy in Canada where we store our boat. Paid for our past year storage. Anyway, he told me that he knows many border agents and others that would know if there was going to be changes made soon. So far they haven't been told anything, which means there may be no change, still closed into next month.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:35 am

Good already very warm day.

It's 81 degrees at 6:30 am and we should see 105 today, 109 tomorrow and 112 on Sunday. Sure puts a damper on my weekend want to do's. It's a bit cloudy so perhaps the clouds will help with the heat.

Gas at Costco here is $3.89 and creeping up. it's easily $4 at most stations and places like Chevon or Shell it's in the $4.20's.

Our fruit stands are being either bought out or the people owning the fields are raising rent so high the fruit stand owners can't afford it. I love fruit stands they have the most beautiful flavorful fruit and veggies.

We had two earthquakes yesterday around 4pm Both were 6.0 and in different towns. We actually felt the rumble here. I have only felt one other earthshake here and that was so many years ago. My grandpa always said that if Cali really had a big earthquake that San Francisco would break off of Cali and be an island in the ocean.

In Mammoth Cali, near one of the earthquakes, there is a volcano. None of these things will affect me. I'm in a pretty safe spot.

Judi, girls are fun but when you aren't used to having one full time it can wear you out. I love when Ken spends special time with the grandkids. I relish the memories from my grandpa time, they will too. If I had a 10 foot anything in my sewing room I wouldn't be able to walk around it. our bedrooms are just too small. Hope your LA works in your room and it's easy to play in there once you get it all situated.

Sharona, the fun just never ends. hope the tune-up goes quickly so you can come home and play. Glad you were safe on your way home yesterday. I just love how God works, keeps you just out of harms way. People here seem to be driving crazier. Lots of texting and driving. They really need to put drivers education back in the schools, but not sure today's invincible kids would pay attention. I would be thrilled to make you and DH deviled eggs. I am really glad I decided to retire. I think I would have a different outlook if I were younger and had kids at home. God has this figured out, I just need to follow the path.

Lori, hope your FIL is very comfortable. I really feel for your dad. For so many years he had someone in the house to talk to and now it's very quiet. He is blessed to have you nearby to come visit. next time you see him add a hug from me. Love the Long Time Gone quilt, lots of different blocks, what a great scrappy quilt.

Flo, I am so glad you had a fun yesterday. It's nice to have a worry free fun day with girlfriends. You really needed a fun day with no kids or house.

Maryz, I read all that you are doing to clean your house and I ALMOST get inspired. Jerry is a setter. He will set stuff down on almost any flat surface. If I die first this house will be piles and piles of junk everywhere. But then if he dies first the living room will be my quilting room/fabric museum.

Velda, am I reading correctly? You will be in your new home in only a few weeks? Wow, how exciting. Do you need to furnish it? how about appliances? does it have a laundry area? I'm so happy for you. what fun you are going to have putting it all together. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Maryq, I love that Kris is willing to work to pay for boarding the horses. I hope they find the perfect place to live and that it's near you. Now if we could just get Jen to come back home. Has Daniel's (?) home sold yet, if not they could move back home and live there. I am very happy about not going back to work, I really believe it's the right decision.

Lyn, hope you get to join the swap, it will be fun. hope all is well for you and Garry.

So I got an email from unemployment. I filed my claim at the end of May and no check yet. They let me know that I don't have to search for work but need to be available to work. Weird. No wonder there is a shortage of people working out there. No one is looking for work but getting money. Yes, I paid into unemployment all the years I worked. It just makes no sense.

There seems to be a shortage of so many things here. There are ships in port trying to bring goods into Cali, and I imagine other states, and not enough truck drivers to haul the product to the store shelves. It's a really strange time. No one is applying for jobs that are open. Restaurants here are shortening their hours because they don't have the help needed to be open longer. No one is wanting to work in the grocery store. There are help wanted signs all over but the jobs just aren't being filled so businesses are closing.

I wonder, if people don't take these jobs, what are they going to do when they have no income. Landlords can't evict for non payment of rent due to job loss but the landlords need to pay their bills. I just don't get what is happening to this world.

Many interruptions while trying to say good morning to you all. It's now 7:30 and 85 degrees. I think I will go make some tuna salad and Iron my fabric to my fusible and prepare my swap blocks.

You all have a very wonderful day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. They brought back my mower this morning. I hope to mow this afternoon depending on the weather. Looks rainy out there right now. The mower has a safety switch under the seat and it was going bad. It would kick in and shut down mower, but then let me restart it. I learn something new all the time about my John Deere.

Hope everyone has a good day. Going to eat a bagel with pimento spread, have a cup of coffee and watch the Tour De France this morning until I can mow.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:46 am

Good morning!

Very quietly. Everyone here is still asleep. The kids played, played, played and played more! We had a fire pit, no warmth needed, just to make stores, a movie outside, from my deck railing and earlier before dinner a water balloon fight.. Those water balloons that you fill up from the hose a big bunch at a time are great! I found them at Costco and the kids loved them. Even the littlest Lila was in on throwing them. Aaron's brisket was smoked to perfection, so juicy too. Matt did a great job on the ribs too, albeit, he did catch them on fire. Good bark as they say! This was the big gathering, as Crenda will be gone with her kids, up to where they camp all next week. Her mom does what is called, Nana Camp with all her grandchildren for a week. Those kids can't wait for that. Crenda stays and helps her mom. Matt will be on his own, he is working.

Tim, the handyman maybe here and get this section done. It is only half of what we call the theater section. A big middle section of the basement. Then we still have one last area, the south wing, which is a mirror image of where the Batt Cave is. The best description of the shape of my basement Is a capital H. The legs are the north and south wings, the cross piece, the theater section. That section is about 20x20. Daniel is making good headway on his project too. My Highlander has been evicted from the garage, so he can use the tablesaw and other tools easily.

After I regain my kitchen back, kill many flies, I will head down and sew. I hate flies with a purple passion! No matter how hard I try, the grands leave the door open, and with the horse field, we get many flies in thehouse..

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œSew ins”