Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday July 8, 2021

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Thursday July 8, 2021

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:31 am

Morning
Busy day today. Meeting friend from hand quilting group we used to have here on Miller to help her stitch her quilt. We will meet every Thurs. Group fell apart when 2 of members sold their farms and retired to city. They are very happy and I am thrilled fir them.
After that meet another friend for lunch, then after that it's off to courthouse to register new car. DMV runs different out here. You wait to get a certificate of title from manufacturer, then you register it. I don't mind. In Cali I would wait in line up to 8 hrs, here the longest I gave waited is 15 minutes.
Time for coffee
Flo

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday July 8, 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:43 am

Good morning it is cloudy and looks like rain. My phone weather app is not working so i dont know the forcast. I have 2 grand daughters today so it will be a little busy. I did make 4 QOV blocks last night, and I will work on the star quilt while the girls are still sleeping. They play computer games with each other and some on line kids so I know they will be busy at leat part of the day,,,not sure what i will cook for them one is super picky and the other is not...I may opt for pizza tonight I did make some pizza dough yesterday so it should be ready today. but I have to run up and gt cheese,,,or I can make chicken sliders which every one likes....even our little self proclaimed vegetarian will eat them ( she only eats chicken) well I need coffee first hope ypu all have a great day, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:51 am

Good Morning Flo and all that follow
Nothing going on here . Used my new dryer yesterday. What a difference. The sheets were dry in about 15 minutes. It will probably cut down on my electric expense. Also received new riding lawn mower. All my stuff is between 14 and 16 years. except sewing machine.
Sewing news. I been working on my mystery quilt. I played with pieces and came up with design . Cant wait to see what it really is. Got last flowers for basket picked out. Need to get them on there this week.
More hand applique. Ordered fabric from Els sale. I guess thats all the sewing news.
Garden not doing well There is about 200 green tomatoes at the barn garden. I have not got anything from garden except one zucchini and three cucumbers. However need to pick green beans today. O I did get a few potatoes from raised bed planting. And there is three green peppers out there if they grow a little bigger.
I hope you all will consider getting in the lotto this month. The blocks are really easy.
No other news so I am going to get more coffee.
You all have a great sewing day and by all means have some fun.
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:14 am

Good morning. OMG Judi, sounds like fun with your granddaughters. Appetites can be challenging.
My doctor's appointment went very well.
To answer a couple of questions. First: microwaves are safe! Any heavy equipment that uses magnets is a no no. That doesn't concern me. Security detectors could be, so tell them of your implant. Medical tests need to know as there are some, such as MRI that have to take precautions. Just always make them aware of implant.
Chriss, mine is called a pacemaker. They work differently for each patient. They can be set up to work in various ways. Mine is a back up scenario, such as if my heartbeat gets out of rythmn, then it will work for me. As for this monitor that is plugged in 24/7 in my bedroom, it collects data and at certain intervals, it will transfer data to a center designed to collect this info. I understand it's every 90 days, unless manual transfer is requested. The center requested a manual transfer prior to my appointment. When I arrived yesterday, a tech came in with special equipment designed to take a reading and produce a print out. I had to hold a device that looked like a computer mouse over my device. During this scan, he sent signal to my device to increase my heartbeat for a few seconds to view how well my pacemaker is working. He kept asking if I could feel it. It was very hard to feel the increase in my heartbeat. Just a strange sensation.
Doctor then came in for consultation. He is extremely nice, patient, and explained so much to me.
I will see him again in October. I am doing very well and so thankful to be alive. I know now how fragile our life is. Thankful every morning now, to live another day!
Today I see my dentist for a repair. A chipped tooth that was repaired years ago, patch fell out.
Then sewing on Lotto is next. Yes Katy, I do hope Teresa will get a surprise and have a bunch join this month. The block she chose is so easy and it's fun to support our pal, Teresa. She is such a great hostess!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning,

FLO - that is odd, the way you register vehicles there. Enjoy your day with your friends!

VELDA - glad all went well at the dr's. Now let's hope your good luck streak is holding for the dentist appt.

JUDI - The girls will have a fun day. I have an extremely picky eater, too. My DD#1. But she is almost 50 years old! I've come to believe she just won't eat food I've touched. There is nothing I can cook that pleases her. So I finally just stopped trying.

KATY - Sorry your garden isn't producing well. I've planted big gardens here, too, and gotten nothing for my trouble. I finally quit trying. Glad your new dryer is such a success! What kind is it?

I went to bed late last night - well, late for me, anyway - and then overslept this morning. Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry and then spent 4 hours spit polishing all the display items in my kitchen. Kitchen dust is so greasy. But now my cookie jars, garden window, countertops, and more are clean and shiney. I had time to work a little on my Christmas swap blocks and I made 6 GD3 pinwheel filler blocks. In the evening, I worked on my cross-stitch. Every day I try to get another big chore done. We have out of state company coming in RV's in about 10 days. Two different couples. A fluke they will be here at the same time but they are friends with each other, too, so it will all be OK. We have room. And when they leave, my sis and DBIL will be arriving in THEIR RV and staying 2 weeks. And when they leave, we'll leave with them and camp down on the Columbia River for several days. We have busy days ahead for the next 6 weeks ! So I am trying to get my Christmas swap blocks as finished as possible in case life picks up the pace even more and I get crunched for time. So today's plan is another big chore - I think deep clean our master bath and polish woodwork, then move into the sewing room to finish out my day.

Wishing us all full bobbins!
Mary Z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning!

Tonight is our big family dinner. We will have lots of fun. The weather is hot! But by the time we eat, the sun will be on the other side of my house, so it will be very nice.

Oh the fun last night! We had the three little girls here and turned on princess movies. Frozen 2 and while they were watching, my Lila, stood up and was totally mimicking the singing and actions of the song, Out of the Unknown, perfectly! The arm poses, the words, dancing, everything, just perfectly. That was the best part of watching the movie last night! Kari and I were smiling and got Grandpa to quietly come over and watch too. Lila was the better entertainment than the movie. She's 3.

Daniel finished the first part of the train table and it's in place, screwed to the floor. It ain't moving! I started building the drawers. I also sewed the doll clothes, overalls and a shirt. The handyman got up about half of the next section on the ceiling too. A very productive day. Our handyman won't be here today. He's wanting to be here Friday, but the other job might take a bit longer. Busy, busy , busy!

Still can't do much quilting. A couple of folding tables are in front of my L A. I won't know what to do or how to act when construction is done here. LOL! It is getting close to no more indoor house projects. Humm, I wonder what I could think up.......... Guess that just leaves, QUILTING!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:27 am

Good beautiful morning girlfriends. Hope your day is starting out wonderfully.

This morning the plan is to pick a few tomatoes and make a few deviled eggs to take to my dad. Dad loves my deviled eggs and I love my dad so the two often go hand in hand.

I also want to iron fabric to my fusible for the Christmas swap and get things cut out. I got my background fabric at Joanns the other day. Coupons are wonderful.

Flo, in Cali you would still be waiting in line at the DMV. our little DMV office is so small, the waiting area is big enough for a row of chairs and a row of people at the counter. Restrictions don't allow for people to wait inside so the line starts at the door, you pick a number and wait outside. The line starts easily at 6am for the office that opens at 8am. it's crazy.

Judi, I love that your vegetarian will only eat chicken. kids sure go through stages don't they? Jerry makes a "pizza" crust using ground chicken, mozzarella cheese and an egg. He adds seasoning to the chicken mixture. it is so good and allowed on my diet.

Katy, you know, when those 200 plus tomatoes turn red, they are all going to be red at once. do you make sauce or juice with them? Our tomatoes are turning red at a great pace. So far we don't have more than we can eat or share with dad. Our cukes are just getting started. Someday I would love to come see your garden, it sounds like you have a huge variety of just about everything. Happy green bean picking

Velda, very interesting info on the pacemaker. Isn't technology amazing? so much more advanced than the pacemaker my grandfather had in the 90's. I'm really glad they fixed you.

Maryz, enjoy your company and your camping. I also have to work on my Christmas block today, thanks for the bobbin full statement, it for some crazy reason always works when you say it. I would also walk when the sun comes up if I could. As for buying equipment to have at home, it would just end up being something to hang things on. They gym offers many machines and I need to tighten everything from just above my waist to my knees. My reluctance in signing up is the 30 minute commute each way. I'm still talking myself into it.

Jana, I wish I could sneak in and be a part of your big family dinner. I bet it's filled with laughter and love. I would have loved to watch Lila act out the movie. I haven't seen Frozen 2 but did see Frozen 1. great story.

Sherry, Goats might be a good idea for the pasture but they require a water source, hope the JD is easily fixable. My position at work was eliminated after 31 and a half years. But, I was in a position to retire and am going to take advantage of it. Besides, even working from home I was sick of my job. I'm pretty young for retirement but am going to be able to make it work.

I pray you all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning!

Flo – your day sounds quite pleasant, and full of friends. Enjoy.

Judi – that’s an interesting twist your DGD has on vegetarianism. I vote for pizza also.

Katy – I just love fried green tomatoes. What a shame that things still aren’t ripening. Happy news about the dryer.

Vel – glad the appointment went well.

Maryz – your sleep schedule seems to be out of sorts lately – hope it gets back to normal soon. My gosh that’s a lot of company in six weeks. Your summer will just fly by.

Jana – what fun with the grandkids. It will be nice to have all your construction projects done – hopefully not too much longer now.

Chriss – my DH would love some of your deviled eggs. I bet I would even like them. I ‘retired’ at 50 – one of the smartest decisions I ever made. I’m s glad your mindset is what it is – so many people go into a tailspin when things like that happen. Speaking of goats, there’s an alpaca ranch on the way to Costco that has several pastures. The owners ‘rented’ a herd of goats to come in and chew down the outer pastures. It was wild to drive by and see over 100 goats enjoying their salad. They also rented the goat wrangler to take care of the flock.

We had a great visit with DH’s cousin and wife. And then the trip to Greeley was nice as well. It’s a four-hour round trip, and the game lasted almost an hour and a half. The baseball complex had fabric coverings erected over all the seating areas, which was FABULOUS, as it was 95 degrees. And speaking of the fragility of life, on the way home we were behind a truck, and someone coming the other way looked like they were trying to make a u-turn from their lane on the highway. The truck t-boned the car – both were going at least 45 – it was just awful. There was nothing the truck could have done to prevent the wreck. Hopefully, everyone will be ok. I wish I could find out how they are doing. Today starts a five-day heatwave, so we will be hiding indoors as much as possible. Oh - Katya (my DDIL) is out of the hospital, and DS1 changed all their flights to the 23rd. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:01 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh my goodness... sure feels good to put on a LONG sleeved shirt this morning... I'm so loving the cooler temps. We'll be back in the 80's by the weekend, but I'm sure enjoying having windows open!

Flo.... Hope you have a short line at the DMV. Here in MN the car dealer registers your car for you! Then the state sends you the license plates! But if you buy from a private sale, you have to go to the DMV. My kids will have to go to DMV and get all new plates... They have license plates from Canada!

Judi... How would your DGD's feel about cleaning cupboards! :lol: :lol: I'm hoping to get Evie to help me with a little project or two... better than sitting in her room all day! Though I think she is doing laundry this morning.

Katy.... Sorry your garden isn't doing as well as you'd like. I wonder if it's the heat wave we've had.. though I go out and water almost every day, mine isn't doing that well either. I see lots of cucumbers, but not as many tomatoes as I thought I'd have. My peppers aren't doing anything either! I was hoping I'd at least get enough tomatoes for some sauce and cukes for pickles!

Velda..Thank you for sharing the info on your pacemaker! The technology still amazes me. You might just be twisting my arm to try July lotto... Since I found some Christmas fabric to make my Swap blocks, I could try to whip up a few lotto blocks!

Maryz.... .Do you have a pill or something that gives you the ambition for all that cleaning? If you do...please share! I could use a whole bottle! I found another perfect townhouse! But I'm not moving unless the kids buy my house.... and they haven't made that decision yet.

Jana... Oh my gosh, aren't the little girls a hoot ... knowing ever word from "Frozen" I hope somebody got pictures or video of it! Something like that would be fun to play at their weddings! YEARS from now!

Chriss.... So you've decided to not pursue a new career? GOOD FOR YOU! It must have been a sign that your job was eliminated... kind of the gentle nudge from above that it's okay to retire. I like to believe God is sending you in a different direction for doing good things!

Sharon.... Hey...should we twist your arm to join the Christmas Swap block!??? It's lots of fun!

Oh Gosh, here it is 11:00am already and I haven't done a thing... well except to say HI to all of you!

Today I'm thinking I'm going to try to clean up some messes in the sewing room. Kris is up at the barn--she's working off the boarding of her horse by mucking out stalls. :lol: :lol: I think the barn is her happy place! Kids are here just doing laundry and hanging out. I was going to go look for a new dishwasher today, but might go tomorrow... I'm hoping to find homes for some of the extra stuff we have all over the place... my sewing room is getting a little crowded with stuff that kind of got dropped off when the kids moved in!

So... I'm off for more coffee!

Wishing you all a wonderous day!

Return to “Sew ins”