Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 7th

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Wednesday July 7th

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:22 am

Good morning everyone.
I have been reading trying to stay on touch with you all. Especially sitting in the Dr's office's. With Rob missing the step in the RV last Monday at 4:30am in Utah, dive bombing into the hallway, where the bathroom is. nose first on to a hardwood floor with his arms pinned behind him because the doorway is small. We couldn't leave until last Thursday after a number of follow-ups to do in Utah and then back home. He is on Plavix and Aspirin for his heart so needless to say he has those dark splotches on his arm. When the skin is ripped off it is bad news, plus the fractured nose and the nose bleed that would not stop. He has had several very bad nose bleeds over the last couple of months. Next Dr visit is to the ENT here in Palmdale to see if cauterization is needed. Life goes on and we keep each other going.

It was finally a joy to get back to my sewing room and to find it cleaned up by Gloria! She is my quilty friend who was watching the kitties. What a godsend she has been and such a wonderful friend. Now I just need to find where she put some fabrics LOL!!!!
I was able to stitch up some Christmas in July Lotto blocks. Very easy this month because I know many are in the Christmas in July Swap and many are still joining the Sew In with Mary and Katy. Hope you all can take a look see and join in for some CHRISTMAS FUN!!!

Have a wonderful Hump Day! We are walking at 10 at the Strata Center. Another routine nice to get back to. We shall see how the foot and hip does.

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday July 7th

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:22 am

Good morning Teresa and all who follow,

Today is our chiropractor apt for our tune ups
We go once a month to keep our bodies tuned up.
After that I need to go to the dollar tree for a few things
Lastnight we had thunderstorms it sounded like the forth of July.
When we get backfrom our errands I will go in my room for a while.
Teresa you have a good friend nice of her to tidy up your sewing room I hope you find your fabric.
I hope everyone has a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:46 am

Hi ladies. I am up early again. Coffee, shower, and I see cardiologist today for follow up after implant. I have a few questions to clear up. Very interesting, doctor's office called to request that I initiate a transmission from my heart monitor. I had to press the button to start, then stand in front of it until my pacemaker device transmitted data to doctor's ooffice.This reminded me of Star Trek:(medicine of the future). 😊
I hope to find fabrics to join Teresa and Lotto again. Need to sew my Week 14 of Sew Along, too. Guess I will have Hubby lift my machine for me today and set it up. No cooking tonight, as we will be eating at a restaurant on the way to our music 🎡🎢 tonight. 😊 That should give me the chance to keep sewing set up over night and sew again tomorrow as well.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:53 am

Good Morning, hoping for a quiet day with n o where to go. Laundry is going, and bed is strippped and bathroom is already cleaned. I am dressed and first cuppa is on the desk with me.
Got a call from the president of our quilt group. We have decided that our mission will be to make a few QOVs each year. We have a veterans group near us and they help veterans with clothing and goods needed as welll as moral support and comfort. We did a QOV last year and so many more are needed,,,so each of us(those who wish) will make 12 1/2 inch blocks in red white and blue and bring them to each meeting untill we have enough to put together quilts. The lady who runs the Veterans group will provide the vets who are in need,,,,so many are suffering from PTSD dating back to the 70s. A few of the ladies are not happy with this mission ( they dont want to be a QOV group, only like to chat andshow off their projects) we will reorganize into a new group but we are very small...maybe only 15 members at this time...and we dont even know who will show up this month at a new meeting place. hoping to recruit a few new members , We have a beautiful meeting room at a local library that they gave us free for a whole year, So that is the story of the quilt group that has high hopes. We are like the little engine that could.........
well I am off to the cutting table to cut some red white and blue...XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:14 am

Judi, your "new" quilt group sounds awesome. A brand new focus. One that will bring help and comfort. I can only imagine that you will be bless with many new members as the word spreads.
Bless you all!!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:20 am

Good morning--
Grammie- It is great to sew for QOV for you and friends. I have a panel or two to give you to get you started. Send me an address when you can. So many of our vets need the comfort of a home-made quilt.

Today going to LQS for a bookcase class. Really cute and if not to hard, I think maybe a Christmas gift for DD and DDIL. Check it out. So have to cut this short. Coffee, shower and pack the car.
I'll check back later.

Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:14 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh My goodness... It's wonderfully cool here this morning... I might even have to haul out a pair of sweat pants! At the very least I can wear jeans instead of shorts and a tank top! (which is not a pretty sight for sure) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teresa.... You know normally I'm a big fan of Lotto... but as you can imagine it's a little crazy around my house this summer. But this month's pattern looks pretty easy... I have ton of Christmas scraps, but I have a sneaky feeling they are buried under piles of boxes in the garage. Hope Rob continues to heal up and feel better!

Lois... Don't you just love the dollar store! I needed a couple pair of "cheater" glasses and ran into the local one here... grabbed 3 pairs just to have some spares! I did notice a lot of empty shelves there, but am wondering if it's because they can't find people to work and re stock?

Velda... Isn't technology great! Are microwave ovens still a no-no for pacemakers? About the only thing I make in my micro is pop-corn!

Judi... How awesome that your group will make QOV quilts! Good for you... and for the unhappy ladies :P :P :P :P You might not be able to whip out a lot of quilts... but the ones you make will be so appreciated!

Diane.... Enjoy your class!!!

Maryz... I beat you here? You must be out on your walk about!

A little sore and bruised this morning from trip to Dr.. she cranked my neck a little and worked on sore spots... It's not like chiropractic adjustment, and it's hard to explain, but she pushes in spots that are causing pain.. to get things back into the right places... something about "fascia" For a 110lb. Dr. she is so strong... my eyes watered a few times!

Today will be spent kind of puttsing around.. Shawn is off to work and Kris and the kids will be back later this afternoon. I got some pieces for my Christmas Swap block cut out last night and will work on making a sample block today. This afternoon I'm going to run up to an Assisted Living home and give them some extra quilts I have. Normally I would have given them to the gal at the U of M cancer Center, but I haven't been able to get ahold of her.

Time to grab more coffee and get to work.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning, the rooster outside is crowing, time to start the day.

Hope Becca and Mary Rose can check in soon. I saw Mary Rose post on Facebook yesterday, it would be good to see both girls post here.

I went into town yesterday in search of fresh strawberries. The three closest fruit stands have shut down, I had to go to the next town to get them. Not sure what is going on here. People rent their land to the people who run a fruit stand. they have a nice garden, pick and sell lots of fruit and produce. Seems the land owners no longer want to rent. I for see houses or apartments.

The girls I walk with find it too hot to walk in this heat and don't want to walk earlier. I think I need a little more than just walking but am really debating on joining the gym. I need to get more exercise.

I'm still waiting on my first unemployment check. the system is really broken. And when you call the phones are already so full the recording tells you to try back later, there is no later.

Marilyn has started an Esty shop, she is making jewelry. Astral Gems By Mary. she has a few items she has made. I have ordered a few things to get her started. She is working on her logo and has a few jewelry things already made. I hope she does well, but the reality is that there are so many people selling things on such a large platform she may not even be seen.

Marilyn has also asked me to send her some buttons so she can do other things. Not sure what her plan is yet but we will see what she comes up with. When she was younger she raided my sewing room and most of my craft stuff was used up.

Teresa, enjoy your walk. Prayers for DH's speedy recovery.

Lois, you are smart to have the chiro tune you up monthly. I bet it feels good.

Velda, Since they can read your heart implant over the phone I wonder if they could zap it over the phone if you need it? Would be quicker than waiting for the emt's to arrive. Is it a
pacemaker? I'm curious. Enjoy dinner out.

Judi, our quilt group sounds a lot like yours. We don't do QOV but instead make a few quilts, contact our local VFW to see who needs a quilt, then give them to the local vets. Meeting spots for our group still isn't held indoors but outside at someone's house. I have been busy the last few meetings. We also have quite a show and tell.

Diane, I think Maryz made a bookcase quilt. There are so many neat patterns out there for bookcase quilts. hope you love the class. I wish they had more stuff like that closer to my home. I would have to travel over an hour to get to a class.

Maryq, hope the chiro work yesterday helped. I also love the dollar stores here. We have a dollar tree and it has started carrying craft supplies. So helpful when I do something with the boys. When you leave the Assisted living home if you turn right you can head towards my house for a playdate?

Sharona, enjoy the ball game, hope DGD;s team does well.

Do you smell that? Jerry is cooking bacon, what a wonderful man.

Ok, time for a shower and to get those Christmas swap blocks underway. You all have a marvelous day
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:28 am

Good morning!

All the grands are going to Matt's house today. They have rented a big water play house to have fun in. I am here being the lovely assistant to Daniel and our handyman. Daniel is about finished with the front section of the big table. It has all the drawer units and the old bed unit with drawers. He is kit bashing those together. The railroad table is built much higher from the floor, to make it easy to see the trains, up closer to eye level. Michael has a Dr appointment this morning, then will be back. Yesterday, my Daniel convinced Michael into the new fancy door lock for my front door. Daniel has the same one on his house, so he helped me get ours. Michael has a tendency to over research., which does drive me batty at times.

Today is my Aaron's BD. He's the youngest of mine and turns 34. Kate is cooking a fancy dinner for him, so the little girls are coming here for dinner with Karlie. Another busy day here.

Not much in the way of getting to quilt . I have another little doll outfit cut out ready to sew. Karlie has gathered a bunch of toys and plays right by me as I am sewing. That is what all my kids did as they were growing up too. Karlie did this on her own, with no coaching.

Well, time to get the dishes caught up. So glad I have place settings for 16, I can stay ahead on feeding this tribe!

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. They cane yesterday and got my John Deere to fix. It seems to want to keep stalling while I am mowing. In 10 years this is the first time that something has gone wrong with it. I have it general serviced every Spring before the mowing season starts, but this is first time something has been wrong with it. When it gets back will have to mow or get goats!

Not much going on here. Just usual cleaning and laundry and such. So glad things are starting to open back up. I can now get back to my breakfast at Bob Evans on Mondays. It is amazing what you miss. It is so very hot and humid here but supposed to get rain for the next couple of days. My prayers go out to the people out west with all their heat.

Theresa - So sorry to read about Rob falling. Hope he gets well soon. Glad your friend Gloria was able to watch your kitties. We do love our pets.

Vel - Hope your doctor's appt. goes well for you.

Judi - Glad to read about your starting a group for QOV. Sorry some don't think it is a good idea. We don't have any groups for QOV that I know of around here. My son who just retired from 30 years in the Corps is getting a quilt I am making for him and Erino. Just have to get back to it.

Maryq - Glad the doctor's adjustment works for you. Be well.

Chriss - Sorry I must have missed that you got laid off from your job. I have read where people are having trouble getting the unemployment checks. Hope you get yours soon.

Jana - Happy Birthday to your soon Aaron. They grow up so fast.

Well better go and get my late breakfast. I have been watching the Tour De France on TV. Don't understand all the rules but it just fascinates me. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

Return to β€œSew ins”