Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 7th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday July 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:41 am

Good morning,

I overslept this morning, catching up on insomnia from night before. Then I walked, showered, and off to chiropractor. I guess today is chiropractor day for quilters! But I'm here now.

TERESA - I hope Rob is on the road to healing. Sounds like a painful fall. I texted you Becca's address.

SHERRY - hope your JD is back home soon! Does it have a name? Ours is "Scout".

JUDI - I love that your group is doing QOV quilts now. I don't belong to any local group but I did make a QOV quilt for Autumn's new boyfriend. He was a captain in U.S. Army Rangers and served two tours in mid-east. Saw a lot of horrifying action but was also very involved in helping children in Kosovo with clothing, toys, soccer, etc. He loves kids. It was a joy making a quilt for him and he seemed so appreciative. I'm certain you and your compadres will also find joy in making your QOV quilts.

JANA - happy birthday to your Aaron! I know you treasure time with your grands, but I'm sure you'll enjoy a kid-free day today and find some kind of fun trouble to get into. Bill is a 'research it to death' kind of guy, too. Most times that's a good thing. Sometimes I just want to hold my head and scream, "Just buy it, already!!"

CHRISS - I did smell the bacon, but couldn't stay to tuck in. I was sorry to miss out! I was wondering what it would cost to join a gym, the fuel to drive there ? times a week, and your time lost commuting compared to buying equipment to use at home . . . I'm sure there's some good used stuff available, too, if you looked. Though there is benefit in attending a structured class . . . I don't like to walk in the heat either but it's not generally a problem here. Wish you were here. I'd be walking at first light if my walking buddy would do it. Right now, we're meeting at 0700 5 days a week, but I'd rather 0600. Glad you finally found some berries.

TINA - Yes, the new floor went right over the old floor. So that's a big old YAY!! Now I feel taller in the kitchen! Glad you are painting first, and attaching the skirting later. 90* is pretty warm for that kind of outdoor work. Better keep your water handy!

MARY Q- yes, you beat me! And you called it - I was on my morning walkabout. Glad to hear you have cooled off some. We're going the other way now, too - Only 66* and cloudy today! Brrr!! I've been working on my swap blocks, too. Since I was forced to stay in my room all day long yesterday... :D :D Most years I take about 8 quilts to a local nursing home for the staff to give to residents at Christmas time. They are soo appreciative! I think our police could use some more, too. But I can only make so many quilts a year, so they will have to wait a while. So many good causes to lend our talents to! I bet once you are over your doctor's treatment, you'll feel better. Mine always seem to find those pressure points and it hurts while they are fiddling with them, but later - Aaaahhhhhhh.....

DIANE - I made a bookcase quilt for my Autumn for her 21st birthday. (Gosh! That was 23 years ago! :o ) It was fun! I hand embroidered a "set" of classics, titles on the spines. One of my hobbies is writing and I've written several short stories for my siblings' birthdays, spoofing them in funny adventures. So I added those titles, too. It was really interesting to see how I could personalize the quilt for her. I know you'll have fun if you decide to make one!

VELDA - sewing in an RV presents a special set of challenges. We have finally removed two of our four dining chairs. And I bought a 4-drawer iris cart and keep it in the corner with my sewing stuff in it. when I'm done for the day, I just my project into one of the drawers and slide my machine to the far end of the table. Though, admittedly, this crowds the cat as that's where his basket is, too. But he has learned to deal with me and my habits.

LOIS - I actually still go to my chiro weekly. My back/neck/hips/ankles are so much better! I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel finally! I wish we had a dollar store here. There used to be one in Tacoma but I'm not sure it's still there. and there's one in Port Orchard, 20 mile away. And that's it!

We did get our new kitchen floor yesterday, laid on top of our old one. I love it! Vinyl planks that look like wood, laid on the diagonal. Even Foxy noticed on his first trip to his food dish! So while that was being done, I got to play all day in my play room! But today is UGH-ly day. Doing 3 loads of laundry and I'm going to get out the 3-step stool and get down all the dusties and wash them. And then wash the windows behind them. My kitchen garden window, especially, is a mess and it wasn't replaced back in May when we got new windows. They said to do that, they would have had to replace all our granite countertops. No thanks to that! But I do hope to circle back to the sewing room sometime today.

Make your day a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

Return to “Sew ins”