Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 6,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday July 6,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:05 am

Good morning,

We are suppose to be in the high 90's so that will deffenly be a inside day for us.
I think I will clean my sewing room today by around dinner time it is suppose to storm.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday July 6,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:56 am

Good morning Lois., We are into the 90s again today also and possible storms today too. Today I have a check up at the Drs..Medicare Wellness check they call it. so I will do that and stop at the grocery store for a few items. then see what the grand daughter wants to do. We took Sophia home last night so Cheyenne is here by herself as Dad and Ken are working, I get her to tidy up a bit where she leaves messes, and she does read some. so without her partner in crime it is pretty queit. I did get up to the sewing room a bit but they are very few moments lately. If I get time later i will sew my "sew Along' block. Hope you all had a good long weekend celebrating our country's birthday,,,,have a great day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:13 am

Morning
Did not find recliners yesterday. Selection low, so we will wait & keep our eyes open.
Today is finish mowing and laundry..usual stuff.

Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:16 am

Good morning,

It's still dark here but the fur kids are at my feet anyway, trying to talk me into an early breakfast. If I even make a sudden move they both start barking and meowing and run to their dishes. lol!

I finished my yard work yesterday. Whew! then I hung out in my sewing room and made this week's sew-along block, my sample Christmas Swap block, and two GD3 blocks. That was my entire day. Today we're getting the new kitchen floor in so I won't be hanging out in there! I'll do some cleaning in other parts of the house and some more sewing.

Our floor is vinyl boards. They will be laid on the diagonal, like our present old floor. It's the same guy who laid the diagonal floor in our downstairs rec room. I am going to see if they can lay the new boards over the old ones. I'm only 4'11" tall and I really don't want to lose the little bit of an extra boost that old, rather thick floor gives me.

This is short today. The floor guy is coming early and I need to empty dishwasher, sweep, and mop just in case we can leave old floor in place. If not, we'll have clean and tidy garbage.

Piece!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:56 am

Good morning!

I have a quiet moment to myself right now. All are asleep. It was quite rambunctious here yesterday. First Ethan and then later Gracie and Lila were added to the mix. I started making a new dress for the dolly I made Karlie. Karlie loves dinosaurs and I have a piece big enough for a dolly dress. It's all cut out, but I was too busy with all my munchkins. Today Grandma said no to all showing up, so I can sew. Karlie and I will make doughnuts this morning.

Daniel got started on the train table and will do more today.

We are hot, pushing near the century mark. Fireworks are done here until the 24th of July. It has been nice that just before dark, a thunderstorm rolled thru and drenched the ground. So far, no fires from the fireworks here. Thank goodness!

Daniel and Kari are only here for a visit, no move. They have decided to stay in California for the time being. Dealing with helping Kari's dad's eye cancer. He has surgery tomorrow and it involves putting a plate of some kind, with a radioactive seed, to kill the cancer. It stays in place in the eye for a time, then removed. Very delicate surgery.

Aaron is back up here on duty, rather than down in the next county. That boy is a magnet for finding accidents! The other day, he was on his way home at the end of his shift and saw people gathered, trying to help on the other side of the road. He couldn't see a accident. It turned out a car went off the side of the road, down a 75ft cliff. Aaron knew it would be bad, probably a fatal crash. So he quickly turned around around to give aid. When he got to the scene, he looked over the edge and the car had not rolled, but went straight down and the person in the car was out walking, uninjured! Later on,, after fire and UHP got there,, dispatch received a call from a family letting UHP know,, that their daughter took a car,, threatening to drive off the side of the road to kill herself.. Yep, it was the accident that Aaron just happened upon, that the driver was OK. We see the hand of God all the time!

Well, the sun just made his appearance over the mountain, my quiet will disappear.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:54 am

Good morning!
Lois, we're gonna hit 90 today also and our humidity is going to be 48%, right now it's 68% it's crazy. We do have a good chance of rain this evening 🀞 I'll be staying inside except the morning and 9pm painting I'll be doing.
Judi, I'm down to just our granddaughter today too and looks like we're having the same weather as you LOL I'm not going to the dr or grocery store though, enjoy your day!
Flo, we ran into that same problem when we looked for recliners for my dad, we did find him a power one he liked but he went through that one, a replacement and a second replacement in less than 30 days..... apparently the motor parts were faulty they kept breaking after a week to 10 days. I hope you find good ones.
Maryz, I love new flooring! That sure would be nice if they can leave your old floor down.... it would probably help with noise too, the echo affect part. You furrkids must be starving, the poor skinny things πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Jana, I know the feeling of those days, there's just some times we gotta say.... give me a minute ❀ Wow, that's a scary story, I'm so glad the girl wasn't hurt.
Well today it's just us and Jazmyne, Easton and Preston are going to school. We're all more than a little concerned about Preston, he is not a social kid, it takes him a long time to warm up to family even. Him and Easton are in the same classroom so we're all hoping that is a buffer and helps him. They have what they call a jump classroom and it's Kinder, 1st and second combined, it lets the kids learn at their pace. It seems that they learn faster in there, Easton is at 3rd and 4th grade math and reading levels and he's just going into 2nd grade and he didn't get to finish kinder because of covid.
Well I better go paint my 1st coat while it's cooler.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:53 am

Good morning my beautiful friends, hope your morning started out happy.

Not sure what is on the docket today. seems the walking group is busy today and we likely won't be walking. The only real plans I have are to make a tuna salad and sew. I am going to sew today.

Thought about making a Grinch hand pinching an ornament for the swap but not sure if that is the right block. Still contemplating what to make. I think I will pull out my Christmas fabric today and see what I have.

Lois, we will also see the high 90's today. If you bring your sewing stuff over here I promise tuna salad for lunch.

Maryz, I saw your truck block. Funny, I was looking at truck blocks yesterday. Lois made a truck carrying a Christmas tree some time ago and it was so cute. I'm glad you are making one.

Tina, wish they had bumper classes here. My son was always in a combo class in grammar school. each teacher taught two grades and there weren't too many in each class, 100 students in the whole school K-6. He would get into trouble to be sent to the principal , also the 6th grade teacher, in 5th grade so he could learn something new. He had learned 5th grade stuff when he was in 4th grade, it was a 4/5th grade class. He was always bored in grammar school.

Flo, new recliners sound nice. We have a store here called Big Lots. Jerry bought me a recliner from there at a reasonable price and I love it.

Judi, nice to have a quiet minute, enjoy yours.

Jana, drat, I was hoping Daniel would love it there so much he would move. but like you said, it's fun to see how God works. Don't give up yet.

Maryq, did you go to WM and get your white board? I like your water bottle idea. I had my neighbor boys make commuter cups for their dad. they have paper between the cup and the clear plastic outside. they were from the dollar store. cheap and easy fun. the boys colored the paper so their dad had two commuter cups.

Kathy, my grandma never had a disposal either. She would take food scraps and toss them over the fence into the pasture. Something would come along during the night and eat them, maybe a coyote, the scraps were always gone the next day. Bet that pile of paperwork is a bit overwhelming, hope you tame it soon. It's really good to see you back to your old self.

Lori, love your placemats. really cute.

I think I will pull up the Christmas swap thread and see what blocks are already taken and make an actual decision. I hope you all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:53 am

Good Morning Girls

Who ever sent the rain up here.. THANK YOU! Keep it coming! Might even throw open the windows and turn off the AC for a while!

This is just a quick hello, since I stayed in bed too long, I'm now behind... having my coffee to get my mo-jo up and running this morning. Not much news to report from here anyway. Shawn got home last night from Wisconsin and was up and out early this morning to go to work. Kris and the kids will be home tomorrow.

Need to get in the shower and get ready for a DR. appt. My GP is going to do a little chiro-type work on me and see if we can get my legs to not ache all the time. Not 100% sure what she has planned but she is an OD, rather than an MD so she has a little more chiro training. Ever feel like your parts just aren't lining up right? I'm hoping she can adjust me back to normal. :lol: :lol:

wishing you all a great day!

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:05 am

Howdy -

Just a drive-by. Our company (DH's cousin and his wife and two of her cousins) will be arriving soon. Need to get the final cleaning bits done. And tomorrow might also be a drive-by - we are headed to Greeley to watch a granddaughter play softball. Not sure of the time yet. Sure wish I could have picked up your appliances and what-nots at the Costco yesterday. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to β€œSew ins”