Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs June 24th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thurs June 24th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:32 am

Good morning up at o dark thirty couldnt sleep. so here i am bed is made ken is gone to work and I have an errand to run this morning then I will sew this morning and weed this afternoon. Had a great pedi yesterday it was good to see smiling faces and no masks. Everyone seems happier too.
I was told that Cindy and Don need a great amount of prayers, so prayers for their comfort sent. Have a wonderful day, XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Re: Thurs June 24th 2021

Post by billizzy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:01 am

Good morning up getting dh suit ironed , unfortunately another funeral of church member. She was our secretary treasurer snd been in and out hospital since January. Passed on Saturday night. Only 1 daughter she lost her dad about 5 yrs ago that was dh first funeral at our church. 😢

Sew Tuesday night stayed up til 11 got her quilt top made got up yesterday and put last border on. It and the top I made for gentlemen at church who lost his dad await me to finish quilting my El’s attic quilt. Can’t thank Sue enough for sending me box blocks to use for my memorial and NH lap quilts 🥰 they are getting put to good use 🥰

So today is funeral got yo cook ham for meal made two dozen deviled eggs last night and will get baked beans done too. Got sitter to sit with lil man and dd do can go. Then got the fun mammogram at 430 today yeah busy day.

Nothing else happening here.

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 am

Good morning,

We are home! I love it! And I love camping and traveling. I have the best of it all. The trailer is unloaded and today I have lots of laundry to do. I won't get it all done. Our poor septic system. But I'll for sure get a big dent in it. And we need to grocery shop. Our kids from Virginia are in town and are coming to breakfast tomorrow and we have nothing in the house. I'm thinking french toast, bacon, and fruit. . . .

IZZY - so sorry you have another funeral.. I remember when your DH did his first funeral.

JUDI - glad you got your pedi. I've only had maybe 7 in my life, but I love them and plan to get one within the next few weeks, too.

Coffee is done and I need a big cup! Take care in the heat! Be smart.

Mary Z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:22 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today is beautiful I don't know what I will do today.
Yesterday I put my four seasons wall hanging finished it and now its ready to give away.
Also made the binding for the tshirt quilt so thats ready when it comes back.

Judi glad you had a nice pedicure.
I,zzy sorry about the funeral.
Mary welcome home.

Well thats all the news for now.
Have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning!

It is the most beautiful cloud cover gray sky, maybe a bit of rain! We need rain so desperately. I was musing out loud to Michael, that wouldn't it be nice if it rained here every night from July 1st to the 6th. Between dark and midnight. You see that is when it is legal for all the stupid idiots here in Utah to shoot off fireworks. If it rained, they couldn't and maybe, just maybe, no big fires would start. Just saying.......

Ran out last night looking for electrical stuff, not much in the stores. Found some of what Michael wanted. He knows a electrical supply house we may run out to today. The last girl came over and we finished her pj pants. 6 for 6. The girls will all be matching for girl's camp in a few weeks. The fabric was a gray and white buffalo check - I would say, good match to camp dirt! They will have a great time!

More dusting and sweeping the Batt Cave. And then maybe I will get out a project to do. I yet, in all my years have still not figured out how dust and dirt, gets under everything. Dust and dirt break all the laws of physics, by falling sideways to get under stuff! Or, dust and dirt grow legs after they fall and crawl under! Which ever, I wish it would stop! LOL!

Hugs, and prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 am

LOIS - Have I been gone that long? I don't remember you doing a four seasons wall hanging. Do you have a photo?

JANA - I hope you get a week of rain over the Fourth, too! As we drove through one of the eastern counties yesterday, we saw a lot of burned areas along the freeway. A pop-up news headline on my phone said some guys in a pick-up truck had driven down the road tossing out firecrackers the night before! The eastern part of our state is tinder dry with extreme fire danger. Firefighters were busy all night long. This crime has so much terrible potential that I think if they catch them, the punishment should be SEVERE. But sadly, it won't be.

MARY Q - if you happen to have a break and pop in - hope all is going well with your entourage!

mz

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:09 am

Mary I started this in January had the top finished but never put it together and quilted it and I can't post pictures here so they go on Facebook it much easier lol.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:23 am

Good morning 🌄. We had a wonderful evening. I had my Crispeto that I love at the restaurant for supper. Music event was fun. I had permission from my cardiologist to dance a slow dance or two. How fun!!
Today we leave to spend weekend dog sitting for our son.
Almost all packed. Just put the cooler in the back of truck and we will be ready.
Have a great day.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:34 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Will mow the yard this afternoon. We are supposed to have 4 days of rain starting tomorrow with a total of 2-4 inches. My ponds do need the rain but not sure about this amount.

Prayers going out for the people in that condo collapse in Florida. I can't imagine such a disaster. Since it was in the middle of the night I am afraid of how many are going to be found dead.

Prayers going out for Becca and her DH, Cindy and Don, and any others who are in need of prayer.

Well, better get going. Need to go get paper and then fix us breakfast. Have a good day everyone.

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:40 am

Good morning!

Judi – sorry you couldn’t sleep. Glad you enjoyed your pedicure. Happy errand running and sewing/weeding.

Izzy – sorry to hear of another parishioner passing. Good luck at the mamo.

Maryz – We break our wash up also – I do the sheets and misc items on Tuesday. The bulk of ours is Monday. Have a great visit with the VA kids.

Lois – I will check out your FB page to see the newest quilt. Enjoy your beautiful day.

Jana – oh my! Your explanation of how dust migrates is the best I’ve heard. And so true. I hope people get some common sense and not shoot off the fireworks. Another thing I can’t understand – when we have severe fire restrictions, they still allow fireworks to be sold in town. Is that crazy or what?

Vel – so glad you got to go dancing.

Sherry – I was shocked to see the news out of FL today – how awful. I hope you get the rain.

I’ve been up and out weeding and watering. Came in and got ready, fixed breakfast and now I need to catch up on desk work and then head outside to piece together a backing. It’s supposed to be a lot cooler today with the possibility of rain. Fingers crossed for that. Prayers for all our QIAD peeps who are hurting. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”