Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, June 21

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Monday, June 21

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:31 am

Good morning everyone. I am doing laundry, thought I could chat this morning. Everyone is sleeping in.
Going to enjoy a few cooler days here. I am looking forward to that. Nothing much exciting here. Hope you all are doing fine.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, June 21

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:00 am

Good morning Velda and all who follow,

I was on here once already and lost my whole post so here I am again :lol:

Today Olivia started her trip to South Carolina by herself she is visiting her girlfriend the nice thing is we can track her through Google maps she should reach her half mark which is VA by 9 .
Saturday went well all were gone by 5:30 then I sat with my feet up.

Today I will work on my bearadise block from fbk the block is made all I have to do is iron the appliques on to fabric then the block.

Well thats all the news.
Judi sorry about your picture for tea glad you were able to get another.
Mary z nice scenery glad your enjoying your trip.
Chris Virgil for now is working in a hotel restaurant.
Mary Q enjoy your trip I know your very excited to get everyone back home .
Prayers go out to all .
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:06 am

Morning all
I was going to weed my blackberries, but its storming. Sweet does not like storms. When weather like this , mommy puts her on leash and forces her out to pee. Daddy doesn't. So when mommy got up after daddy, Sweet peed on kitchen floor on front of me....argggg.
Rant over. Guess it's a laundry quilting day.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:14 am

Good Morning although I dont know who I made mad but my A/C upstairs quit working,,,we have 2 units upstairs we use a lot due to it being upstairs....Ken opened the windows and said to heck with it last night, I slept ok with the widows opened but we had rockin rollin thumderstorms with lots of lightning, ended at 11 and resum at 3am. then I slept til 7. it has been a horrible week and it isnt getting any better,,,I am afraid to sew so i wont even go there,,,if one more thing breaks I might run away. hope your days are going better,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning!

Sort of up, me and the sun peeking over the mountains. Unknown what type of day today. A few uglies, laundry waltz, maybe a handyman, and a textured glass hunt. One of my grandsons yesterday was being a bit of a brat. He was picking fights with all his siblings, so his mom separated him in my front room for a time out. It didn't go well. One of the toys my litttler ones love to play with was in there. It has balls. Add a little bratty boy, and voile, you have a broken glass door on a bookcase. He threw the ball and broke the glass to pieces. So he will now be paying out of his lawn mowing earnings for the new glass. Bad thing is the glass was a textured embossed glass, like water running down, so all the four doors will need to be replaced. The good thing for him, is Sarah has a professional glass cutter for picture framing and can cut the panels. The panels are easily removed, no glazing involved, just a clip and screw holds the glass in place. So now to find glass big enough to do the job. I love the farmhouse style of decorating, so I would be glad to replace all the glass with a chicken wire panel, but I have been overruled by his Dad and Michael. Grandma supervised the clean up and then vacuuming of the rug for glass and I will do another vacuuming again today. This grandson is getting a lesson in 100% responsibility. There is a great talk given at a BYU devotional by that title, given by Lynn G Robbins, one of the founders of the Franklin Covey management planners that so many use. This little grandson tried at first to blame the incident on that he was put in time out, so it was his mother's fault. That did not fly with her, his Dad or me. This will be a ongoing lesson.

I am teaching some of the young women in the Ward how to make pj pants tomorrow evening. So I will be getting that stuff in order today. There are about 6 girls, all about 16 or 17. I had most of them when they were 11 and were my activity day girls, so they have been introduced to sewing. Should be fun.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning
Velda, is it laundry day again already? Sure does rollaround fast, doesn’t it.

Judi, you really have earned yourself a giant box of Calgon this week! So sorry!

Flo, sorry about the puddle!

Jana, what a lesson your grandson learned! Sorry you had to sacrifice your glass for him to learn it!

Lois, how long is Olivia's drive all together? Praying for safe trip for her!

Chris, glad you are all cool and Ungrouchy. I may get a bit grouchy myself today. We are going to 93° Here in LaGrande. 🥵

We were parked at an RV park next to cows for a few days and now we are at our friends and parked in the middle of Several horse pastures frequently also populated by deer. I’ve got carrots handy!

Our other friends, Tex & Annette, and their traveling companions will join us here for big potluck tonight though their RV’s are at rv park in town. I have brownies from home in the freezer and I plan to make an old-fashioned pea & cheese salad.

My sewing last several days is consisting of just cross stitch. So I’ve been making good progress on that project. The way I’m flying through it I may whip it out in just 18 months instead of two years. Lol!

Enjoy your summer solstice! The longest day of the year. You can get a few extra stitches in! 😃

Msry z

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:57 am

Good morning everyone.
I am hoping to finish quilting the big flower panel today. But, one of our dogs is miserable today. She isn’t sick but has been wanting to go in and out. She has been doing that since around 2am. In fact she is sitting at my feet right now whining to go out. So I better go. Hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:38 am

Good beautiful Monday morning. Here the sun is wanting to come up over the mountain. I hear hawks, roosters and some doves. Did you know that doves make a squawk, kind of a crow caw sound when they take off and land. It took me forever to figure out what made that sound. No bunnies or squirrels out yet, must be sleeping in.

Velda, isn't "nothing new here" sort of a good thing sometimes. no issues, no worries, it's all good in the hood. I'm in the same boat and love it.

Lois, My sister worked in a restaurant, she always had spending money from tips. Prayers for Olivia's trip. it's comforting that you can track and know where they are.

Flo, funny how dogs know which person does what. Moose will want me to take him out if he wants to go for a walk down the driveway and chase squirrels. He will have Jerry take him for a quickie out back. Looks like we are both doing a little laundry, sorry floors were added to your ugly list.

Judi, sorry so many things are breaking. We also just replaced a window A/C. If you do run away you might consider central Cali? We have a new A/C and no thunder storms.

Jana, I would take your PJ class if I was there. I have often thought of just getting some knit fabric or flannel and jumping in and making those pants. Great lesson for your grandson. He learned a lot of things at one time, a true light bulb moment for him. Funny that you found Ethan's gift hidden away.

Maryz, I've seen pea salad but never eaten it. I like peas in crab salad. If you choose to add crab to your pea salad along with the other ingredients in crab salad I just may show up. Oops, just remembered, you are anti sea food. Sorry, maybe you could make two salads? Thanks for the compliment yesterday. I try to find an upside in everything and not say anything negative. just don't get me started on the prince Harry Megan Markle stuff, I am pretty tired of seeing it all over the facebook and internet.

Suzette, hope your dog is ok. I love those big flower panels, they are so pretty. will you be doing a different quilting design in each petal?

Maryq, glad you made it to Montana. Have you seen the kids yet? Have they been properly smooched? I am overjoyed for you.

My walking group has sent their morning round of texts, it was decided two of us will be walking at 7:10 this morning. My clothes will be out of the dryer by then and the load of whites will go in the dryer and dry while I am walking. I didn't pick 7:10 but it does work.

Of the four two are walking. One goes into town three mornings a week to Curves to work their circuit machines, another has to take their cat to the vet so it's just two of us today. I had thought about joining the gym in town but 30 miles each way takes a lot of gas just for circuit machines. I really just need to get into a routine with my inner You Tube, there are so many free videos that I can take advantage of.

And that concludes chapter one of my novel, hope you enjoyed it. Guess I should have had you refill your coffee cup and put your feet up.

You girls have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:54 am

Good morning!

Vel – we are very cool today – got down to 45 and today is a high of 64. YAY! The heat is coming back tomorrow, but this was a welcome break. Happy laundry day.

Lois – that’s wonderful that you can watch Olivia on her way to SC. Have fun appliquéing.

Flo – bad dad! Hope the mess wasn’t too big. Enjoy your laundry/quilting day.

Judi – oh NO! That’s a shame about the a/c unit. Feel free to run away to our house for a while if you need to.

Jana – sorry to hear your DGS was being bratty. Hopefully he will learn his lesson and not do that again. Goodness! Wish I could join your pajama pants lesson tomorrow.

Maryz - I saw the pictures of your cow neighbors yesterday – they sure looked cute. I’ve never seen cows fenced in with that kind of fencing. I do not do well in heat – crabby is not a strong enough word. I bet your old-fashioned pea and cheese salad is delicious. It’s so weird to think that after today, the days start getting shorter.

Suzette – hope your doggo gets to feeling better. Poor baby. Hope you get to finish your quilt.

Chriss – I’m glad you get to sneak a walk in this morning. I’ll have to listen for the dove noise – interesting. I hope you do channel your inner YouTube and find something that works for you. I agree – that’s too far and with gas being at the price it is, doing it from home seems to be the ticket.

The planting up front is done for this year! I only have a small strip to do that is on the other side of the inside path and before the sidewalk, but that can wait until next year. YAY. All the flowers look so pretty in their pots. I had to clean out all three of the hummingbird feeders and am waiting for the new batch of nectar to cool off. The hummers are not happy! Today I’m headed up to Castle Rock to get my biannual EKG, and hopefully make it back home before the storms start. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:22 am

Hello........

Just a short note. my day got off to bad start. The hospital billing dept called. A past due bill I paid, I now need to 'prove' I paid. The dining room table is a tall pile of paper work. I'm sure it will take me all day.

No other plans except I'm having a banana. The mail person is supposed to drop off 4 weeks mail....oh I scared.

I'm off to the mountain of paper.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”