Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 19,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday June 19,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:22 am

Good morning Everyone,

Well we are returning to some hot weather along with some rain .
Today is Virgil's luncheon here just the family
I have already done some of the food will finish the rest later.
My Dr apt went well he said I have to loose some weight by the time I go back in September so I will do that also have a couple of test to do oh well thats life.
Mary Q I didn't find sneakers but I found a pair of easy spirit slip on so I got them.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Saturday June 19,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:14 am

Good Morning Lois, I always get the same speech from my Dr...Lose weight. I try.
Today is a better day than yesterday, We had an old water pipe break in the basement yesterdy around 10am I was up in my sewing room ( secomd floor) and didnt know it till i came down to get coffee and found 2 inches of water in the basement. We spent the entire day and evening cleaning up the mess,,,it was aweful....I got my Christmas storage area and new pantry cleaned up luckily it was clean water,,,Dont know how long it srewed but what a mess. We put a dehumidifier and fans down there to dry it out and it seems to have dome the trick. I was exhusted and so was Ken,
Today is the baby shower so I need to get myself dressed and presentable to a brunch, (the presentable part is no easy task LOL) It will be nice to be with my 2 DDILs and DD and granddaughters,
Well I need to get busy hope your days are going well...XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 am

Good morning. It was a nice surprise to read that we have Kathy back. I've missed her like so so many others. I hope to drop off my king size quilt to the LAer today. Kathleen is the leader for our qov unit and she will do it for me. All batiks of green and purple with super light gray as background. I made the blocks in "grandma's star by El. Hope it won't be to long until I get it back. I will try to get it posted ( or hubby)

Well, off for coffee and again WELCOME BACK KATHY!!!!!
Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:24 am

Morning
Busy week. Kids house progressing slow, but close to end.
Thursday we traded in my beloved Fiat for a Mitsubishi Mirage. Took all day as we drove I p yo Kansas City to get a good deal. My Fiat was getting to part where it is needing a clutch, electronic were glitching, and it was needed tires.

Welcome back Kathy
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:36 am

Good morning

Kathy is back!! With us!! Hooray! Kathy, it is so good to see you back home again. It’s been a long time coming. What an ordeal you’ve gone through. Our prayers have been answered!

Flo, are you glad or sad to have a new car? We knew someone once went to get his oil changed, did not want to wait a couple hours, so he simply bought a new car and drove away!

Suzette, how do you like your new machine?

Chris, how is the walking going? Do you walk the roads around your house? How far do you walk each day?

Judy, oh no! What a mess! I hope all your Christmas decorations are OK. Do you have shelves in that room to put them on?

Becca, how is little Hadlee doing now that her surgery as well behind her?

Jana, happy to hear your ceiling is finished. Yay for that

We are parked at Wine country Rv Park. There is a hint in that statement as to what we will do today. Going to visit to Winery’s, Thurston Wolfe and 14 Hands. TW It’s almost next-door to the RV park with only a small pasture of cows in between. 14 Hands is a mile down the road. We will leave in the morning for LeGrande, Oregon to visit our friends. She is the one that had a double lung transplant nine years ago. Some of you offered prayers for her at that time and she was so grateful. she has done so well but is starting to fail again. We try to see them as often as we can while we still can.

I still haven’t gotten my machine out. Just has not been good time for sewing but I am satisfying my creative side with my Cross stitch. It’s a scene of an old red pick up with the tree in the back, snow on the ground, and golden retriever with puppies. It is called “Winter Ride” by Dimensions. I have the cab of the pickup done, working on the tree. My friends brother asked what I was doing. I showed him the project and he said he could see that it was a bird! 🦅. Then I showed him the picture. 😹

Take care, try to stay cool.

Mary z.
😺

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:48 am

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here in paradise! Albeit hot. But isn't that what A/C or a cool basement is for?

Still dust, dust and more dust in the Batt Cave. I do have covers for all my machines down there. But if there is any nook or cranny in the basement, dust has found it!

I am fixing some sleeves on a dress for a friend in the Ward today and will work on a small project I have. Just adding a piece of fabric to make the sleeve bigger as it goes around her arm. Easy at the sleeve seam.

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:55 am

Good morning!

I posted yesterday, but didn't confirm I really posted so it was a ghost post.

Kathy - WELCOME BACK!

Lois - have a great luncheon today with Virgil and family. I hear that same speech as well.

Judi - oh NO - I'm so sorry about the water leak. What a pain. Enjoy the baby brunch.

Diane - can't wait to see pics of your latest quilt.

Flo - I hope you grow to like your new car as much as your beloved Fiat.

Maryz - that's funny about not wanting to wait for an oil change. We worked with a woman who went into a dealership and paid full price for a 4-wheel drive after getting stuck in a blizzard. This same woman also threw away change because she considered it a nuisance. Have fun in wine town!

Jana - stay cool today.

Been up planting, now DH wants to go to breakfast. I will continue once I get back. The heat finally has come down - yay! DS2 and family spent several hours in their basement yesterday due to multiple tornado warnings. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharna

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:10 am

Good morning all! Not alot planned for today except sewing and laundry. Will watch the last day of the Ascot Races this afternoon. So sad that the Queen did not attend this year, but at her age with the pandemic and just losing Prince Phillip I can see why she didn't attend. My Cubs are also on this afternoon.

Yesterday baked a rhubarb pie. Doug is coming over to have a piece and do a couple of small jobs for me. Got some rain yesterday and possibly some today. My heart goes out to all of you out west where they are having such forest fires and heat.

Started going back to Bob Evans for my Monday morning breakfast this week. I really missed doing that. Any of you who do get to come to Sauder Village some day I would love to meet you there and give you the tour. I have been a member for several years.

Well, better go get some breakfast for us and get dishwasher loaded. Have a good and safe day everyone.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 am

Good Morning Girls

THREE MORE DAYS!! I get to hug my kids in three more days! And it is so good to be me today.. I get to hug Michael, Eli and Kaya today! I've already warned Michael that I have my lipstick ready!

Lois.... Slips on are the best... as I hate bending over to tie shoes! :x Years ago I met a couple gals from "out east" What we call tennis shoes or "tennies" is what you call sneakers. My Mom use to call them "fast starts", she'd put on one shoe and start tapping her foot, because the shoes wanted to "start fast" :lol: :lol:

Judi... Oh darn it...water leaking every where... oh so been there done that.. sump pump pipes broke apart one year here... SUCH a mess! No damage to anything? Broken pipes are covered by insurance...(learned that the hard way too) Hope you get a chance to rest up a little bit when you get home from the shower. Have they picked a name for the baby? A former co-worker is having a baby girl any day.. Her name is Charlotte, but they are calling her "Lottie" kind of cute yes?

Diane... Oh my gosh, your quilt sounds beautiful!!! Can't wait to see pictures!! If you need help posting them, let me know. After I followed Velda's great directions I'm getting really good at it! :lol: :lol:

Flo... I had to google your new car! SO cute!!!! I might have to check that out when my Escape dies! What color did you get? You be sure and let us know when the kids are moved out... we'll have that party!

Maryz.... Good to hear from you along the way. Glad you will get to see your friend in Oregon -- will send an extra little prayer for her too. A couple weeks ago I was at a garage sale --- the gal had a whole bunch of aida cloth for cross stitch... I almost grabbed it for you, then remember you have a stash of the stuff.

Jana... I just might have to try that.. I have a couple shirts that are tight around my arms... I could stick in a little piece of fabric and make them bigger! Thanks for the idea! Either that or cut them off and make sleeveless shirts! :lol:

Sharon... You've got to be kidding.... she throws away change? like into the garbage! OMG.. Mine goes in a darling little "piggy bank" of a Spool of thread I got for Christmas last year :) :) from Secret Santa... Once it's full, I'll take it to the bank and then to the LQS! :lol: :lol:

Sherry... Your rhubarb pie sounds so nummy. I made strawberry rhubarb sauce last summer but grabbed "sugar free" strawberry jello instead... had a funny taste so I think I tossed most of it. Will try again this year as soon as I get my hands on some rhubarb. Super easy to make.. just cut up the rhubarb and cook the daylights out of it! :lol: :lol:

Only a couple last minute clean ups to do here.. the house is as ready as it's going to be for when we get home on Wednesday night. Am hoping we make good time as we are driving straight through from Great Fall, MT to my house all day Wednesday. If it weren't for pulling home Kris's horse we could probably take our time. Horses don't like to travel I guess. I'm sure it will be quite late when we get in, so we'll pull mattresses out of the Uhaul... and crash! Will try to post from the road!

But I'll be here tomorrow morning to post the Sew Along Block... it's an easy one . Might even do tonight...

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

and Kathy... it is SO great to see you back!!!!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 am

Hello! I'm impressed with myself, posting 2 days in a row....LO

Good grief. Someone ran over or pissed off a skunk it stinks here. Hope the breeze takes it away.

My house is a discussing mess. So today I slowly clean up the easy things in the kitchen. & look for something for dinner. The PO is holding over a month of mail for me.....including overdue bills, like the credit card bill. I called them & paid it when I found out I couldn't charge an order for PeaPod. Delivery from the grocery store. It will take a few days to get it working again.

My sister is still not talking to me,,,,what she had to say about me was was vey painful. I think I'll wait a long while before I call her again. I wont give up.

I can't wait to get back into the sewing room. I still have a Christmas table topper laid out to sew. It's a mess in there also.

Love & Prayers.................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”