Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 18th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday June 18th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 am

Good morning,it is pouring rain here with an occassional thunder,,,It is supposed to stop around 10 am for awhile...I have nothing planned so i might do a load of laundry, ( no windows in the rain). and sew some star blocks...
Had a nice 2 hour lunch with my friend,,we dont get together very often, but it was nice,
Well I need coffee and decide which direction to go today,,,hope your day is spectacular,,XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday June 18th 2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:04 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow. We are. Going to be very very hot today. But I can see the storms are up north by you when the weather man showed full map. We will get rain Sat., Sun, and Mon.
This morning is my stress test. 8:15am. DH will take me out for breakfast after. Can't have coffee or meds until after the test.
Shower felt sooooo good! Glad each day is getting easier. Definitely can see daily progress in healing.
I will check back later. Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:11 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was great we cleaned and I also did
Wash and I got to view the live stream graduation it was fast not like it use to be but it was something.
Today I have a Dr apt regular check up.
Afterwards start preparing for for the graduation lunch tomorrow.
So it will be quite busy.
Well I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning!
Judi, isn't it fun to have lunch with a friend and catch up.
Velda, hope the test goes well.
MaryZ, my Aunt Joyce is having a 90th Birthday party. She is over the moon that I and all of my siblings are here. She can't have my Mom, her big sister, but she got all us kids. We'll return to KC on Sunday and back to DH's treatments.
This morning I'm going to help my cousin set up the church hall for the party tomorrow.

Lyn

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:22 am

Chickie and Els angels omg you really shocked us. Thank you so much. Bill was so touched by the quilt.
He said he has never received such a touching and thoughtful gift.
His hand is still healing. Hopefully no major scaring. When it gets hot it reblisters so that is what he is dealing with now.
He has come a long way. It was a really bad burn that could have been so much worse. His foot has healed but it was only stage 1 burns. His hand had stage 2 with one spot into stage 3. That is area still healing. His arm had scattered stage 1 burns. Those too have healed with exception of one spot that keeps blistering.

We are doing VBS this week. He got quilt Wednesday our first night and I’m so sorry just now sending thank you.

https://postimg.cc/XGzb06P3

Sorry can’t ever get thumbnail to post

You all are awesome
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:53 am

Good morning!

A beautiful day here in the mountain west. What would make it perfect is, rain! We are so dry and everything is getting crunchy!

Phase one of the Batt Cave ceiling is done! Just clean up of all the dusty mess. The next phase pieces parts will be here next week, but our handyman won't. His wife is having foot surgery, so he will be helping her. Then back to us here, when she can get around. So I will be vacuuming up my sewing area. I can move my LA back in place and maybe get a quilt loaded. The next phase is totally out of my sewing area.

So not much new in these parts. Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:13 am

Good morning,

We went into town yesterday ( town being Moses Lake, WA) and found an LQS where I picked up a few fqs & a couple remnants. Then we hit Goodwill and I got a small crockpot for the trailer. I never thought to bring one from home and I need it Monday night for a potluck supper at friends house in OR. Wx here too nice to stay inside and cut fabric or sew so I sat out in shade and worked on my cross stitch project all afternoon while Bill read. This morning we have a bird that keeps repeatedly lunging at our big window. This has not escaped Foxy’s notice! Lol! 🙀😼

Today we are moving again to an RV park in Prosser (wine country 🍷😁)! And one if our favorite wineries just happens to be in crawling distance and we just happen to be members of their wine club. Would be rude not to stop in and say hello, don’t you think? Our friends, Tex & Annette, are joining up with us tonight along with her DB and his GF. I offered to make yankee dip sandwiches, coleslaw, melon, & ice cream for everyone for supper tonight.

Izzy, glad your Bill rec’d his quilt. I Know Chickie put healing thoughts into each stitch. ❤️

Everyone have a great day!

Mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 am

Good Morning Girls

If anybody has any spare rain... can you send some up here! Man it's dry...my beautiful green lawn is now a nasty shade of brown! Only thing still green is the weeds!

Today is the day I promised myself I would do all the ugly cleaning... floors and toilets and such! The downstairs bedrooms are all ready for the kids, and my sewing room is all cleaned up (but I could sneak in there if I had time :lol: ) Am thinking I might just stay in my jammies and shower after I'm done cleaning.. For sure not expecting anybody to stop by my door!

Judi... Isn't it fun to just sit and chat for hours with a good friend! A gal I used to work with...years ago... reached out to me a couple weeks ago...Turns out she doesn't live to far from me now -- young gal.. the one we were pharm. techs at the same pharmacy. When I get back from getting kids were are going to get together.. Will be so nice to catch up with an old friend.

Velda...SO good to see you here and you "sound" good!!!! I missed being here yesterday, but have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing! Quite a "kink" in your summer plans wasn't it! :lol:

Lois.... Hope all goes well at your Dr. appointment! Do they take a pitcher full of blood out of your like they do with me? I always ask for a "barbie bandaid" when they syphon it out of my arm! :lol: :lol: Did you ever find a new pair of sneaks?

Lyn... How cool that you and your siblings are there for your Auntie!!! You surely do represent your Mom! She'll be watching over all of you for sure!

Izzy.... Wow.. how neat that your Bill got such a beautiful quilt!! Aren't these gals the best!!! Good to hear that he is healing up well too.

Jana... So hear you on the need for rain... while the nice clear sunny days are nice.... man it's dry here. Usually MN is pretty humid, but this year the air is even so dry! When the work on the Batt Cave continues.. it won't be in your area any more? YEAH!!

Maryz.... Oh yes, it would be quite rude to not stop by the winery... I mean you are so close! I want to go to Goodwill/Thrifty stores with you! You always find the coolest stuff! I used to have a big black crow that liked to smack himself into my patio door! Stupid bird!

Today is cleaning, tomorrow I get to see Michael, Kaya and Eli! (I have my red lipstick ready to plaster them with kisses!) then Sunday... I am OUTTA HERE!!! I'm packed, except for the last minute stuff and ready to hop a plane for Montana. I'll post sew along Sunday morning before I go!

For now, I need more coffee! Will probably need the whole pot to get all the chores done!

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday..... with lots of prayers for all in need!

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 am

Good morning everyone.
I haven’t made it to the fabric store to get backing for hubby’s aunt’s quilt. So, I have been practicing with my new sewing machine. I have one of those large dahlia panels and I am doing something different on each petal. I love the new machine. It is a mechanical machine and that is fine with me. We went for our medicine checks yesterday. The dr told me to quit wearing a mask. It has ruined the skin on my face. I have acne worse then When I was a teenager. The dr put me on an antibiotic. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 pm

Checking back in. A little late, but none the less wanted to say my test went well. When I first arrived the technician was hesitant to do this test on a patient only 5 days out of surgery, but she checked with Doctors office to clear her concerns.
There are several steps to the test. Lots of waiting in between. When I got to the EKG part on treadmill, that tech also wanted to check exactly what my cardiologist was looking for to be doing this so soon after surgery. It was cleared and determined that he is verifying that my new heart meds are doing well and my heart is reacting to the dosage.
So all is good. I felt they were all very pleased with my response.
Boy, was I hungry!! This was almost noon and I last had a bowl of popcorn about 8 pm. So DH took me to restaurant and I ordered breakfast for lunch. It was yummy. And even though it was over 90° outside, I had coffee ☕ with my meal!! LOL

Thanks to all of you for watching after me .

Izzy: sure hope your husband is healing well.
Prayers for all our friends in need.
Glad to see Kathy back!
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”