Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday June 16

Daily discussions.
Becca

Wednesday June 16

Post by Becca » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 am

Good morning everyone will be another warm day Feel for those in extreme heat

Denise our DD has eye surgery this morning Would appreciate prayers It’s for clogged oil glands that are infected Thanks
It’s off to Town again This morning for groceries Bethanys bread post office to mail baby quilt & a couple other stops
Hope your day is better
Prayers for all our friends here in need Becca

FlorenceM

Re: Wednesday June 16

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 am

Morning Becca & all to follow
Still crazy busy. Kids house almost done, hopefully a few more weeks.
Yesterday I went on a run with Joe in his semi. It was nice.
Mowing today, and the usual.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 am

Good Morning becca I have an appt with the eye surgeon today ( every 6 months) I hate getting my eyes dialated especially on a sunny day. but I have to do it. If my eyes cooperate I will stop at Kohls on the way home...and the card store for a shower card...baby quilt is ready I just need to wrap it. My friend did ok at the dr he thinks she will heal well...will do a CT scan to be sure. He family will take over the errands and her assistance for now...I think in a week she will be back home. doing for herself...
I am trying to get the windows done I have 20 to go. way behind this year....but it is what it is. the weather here has been just perfect...70s low humidity and a breeze...I have all the windows I can open and the ceiling fans going...it is marvelous.
Well I hope your days are as good as mine or even better if you need it....Prayers for all that need, Has anyone heard from Kathy????? Maryrose???or Chickie??? I hope they are doing well..XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:51 am

Happy Hump Day! Busy week as I am trying to get ready/pack for my trip, 2 sew days, tree trimmers (well actually took one out and other 2 cut way back!) normal duties and work.

Had about 10 free minutes so though I would check in. Gotta get plants watered before the heat comes. We are climbing well into the 90's. Not as hot as Chriss probably but quite hot for here Windows open for the cool morning but will close soon and put on the air.

Maryq yes I am doing a Fab Forties. It is a 9 month class. I like the way she set it up. May actually get in done. Still trying to pick the right fabrics. It may end up more scrappy.

Becca prayers for successful surgery for your daughter.
Flo I have always wanted to do a cross country in a Semi. I am not sure why but it sounds like an adventure.
Lois that is a lot of windows. I have never counted mine though. I may do that someday.

I am off to free sew today after a few chores. Watering, dry a load of laundry before the heat sets in, see one patient, and pack a bit more.

Hope everyone gets to fondle some fabric today
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:35 am

Good morning my friends, it's going to be a fantastic day today

We will see some very hot days the rest of this week. I have a big green full of veggies salad made because eating is unappealing during the heat. I think some sun tea would also be good.

I will walk this morning, we start at 7:30 but I so wish we started earlier.

And plans for the weekend have been cancelled because of the heat. We will be at 111* on Saturday. Yosemite National Park was 102* yesterday and there is no sign of snow on the mountain tops. No snow means no addition of water for drinking.

Sharona, you have been a very busy girl, hope today is much slower for you and you can relax.

Becca, prayers for Denise. what fun to mail the baby quilt. They will be overjoyed to receive it. Seems it costs a fortune to mail things now. I sent a 8x10 envelope to another state and there were two costs for mailing. just over $4 if I wanted tracking and 1.40 if I didn't. it's crazy. Happy Bethany's Bread day.

Flo, what fun to have a you and Joe day. Hope these next few weeks fly by so the kids can have their house and you can have yours back. You are a very patient woman.

Judi, I hope your friend heals well. Happy window washing. I so need to do windows here, I think I will wait till it cools off. I don't have nearly as many windows as you do.

Valerie, it is very hot here, but it's a dry heat. That saying always cracks me up. Once you get into the high 90's it's just plain hot. I am thankful we don't have the humidity. Our windows are open too, probably close them about 9am. Happy trip planning, hope you and BIL get a lot accomplished.

Time to get dressed and ready to walk. Hope you all have a super duper day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:58 am

Good Morning Girls

Hey Check this out... I'm here even before Jana... unless she is typing from Utah at the same time I am! :lol: :lol: am still not getting to sleep until 1am. but at least I'm not sleeping in until almost NOON!

Becca.... Will send a special little prayer for Denise... Hope all you errands go smoothly today.. some days it's good to get them all done,... some days I just want to do one thing and go back home!

Flo... Yup, I think we need a party for YOU, when that house is all done... and you can get back to NORMAL! :lol: :lol:

Judi...Here's my take on windows... (or any other nasty chore) In 100 years is it going to matter that my windows weren't always perfectly clean? I'd rather be remembered for a quilt I made or spending time with my kids than that my windows were spotless. But ok, I'll give you that it's nice to be able to see out of them! :lol:

Valerie.... How fun to be able to take the class! I started cutting out a couple of the 40's blocks yesterday.. am going to take my time and be really careful. I made baggies for each block. I do have to finish up another top I'm working on---which I would have had finished yesterday if I didn't have to rip more than I sewed! :lol:

Chriss... Don't you love that when they say "dry heat" Ok then, pre heat your oven to 110* and stick your head in it! There you go... Dry Heat! :lol: :lol: Sun tea does sound good! Have you ever tried the "cold brew" tea bags? They make the best ice tea!!!

Gosh, Lois isn't here this morning, I beat Jana, Maryz is camping, Suzette must be sleeping in.. let's see ... who else are we missing! I'll have to check back in later to just make sure every body is okay!

For now, I need more coffee,.... then putts a bit before I go meet my friend Vicki for lunch. After that I'm going to stop by and visit an old co-worker for a bit. We were pharmacy technicians together but she went on and got her PharmD degree--so she is a pharmacist now and works for a software company from home.. Turns out she lives only about 14 miles from me. Will be fun to catch up.

So off I go ... wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday... with lots of prayers for all

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning!

I am up and hobbling around. My arthritis is complaining.

Maryq - you beat me as I was busy in my closet hanging up the clean laundry, making the bed, sweeping my kitchen and getting breakfast made for us here. Now I can sit down and goof off!

Sarah is coming down here today. She is putting together a Father's Day gift for her DH. As a family they play lots of board games. Sarah saw a lazy Susan thingy to make playing easier, but it was over $200! So this is my Sarah, she is copying the one she saw and all the pieces parts are at my house, to make the mess here! Her DH works from home, so that is her excuse for making it here. The lazy Susan, is just a square piece of wood, covered with a neutral gray flannel. She is putting on edge banding to make it finished around the edges. It can be used with putting puzzles together as well.

Our handyman will be here too. Michael is making the final materials list so I can order the final pieces for the railroad area ceiling of the Batt Cave.

We were hot yesterday, 107! Now mind you, this was at the airport, out on the tarmac, so as far as we take that number, my house was only 105. Today should be cooler. I will stay in and sew!

Stay Safe! Many prayers,
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 am

Good morning!

Becca – prayers for Denise – I hope this surgery helps her eyes.

Flo – I bet that was fun! I have such respect for semi drivers.

Judi – I hope everything goes well at your appointment. That’s good news about your friend.

Valerie – I am so excited for your trip. I also have to get my plants watered before the heat hits, so I feel your pain. We run the attic fan and hope that we can get the inside temps below 70 before switching on the a/c.

Chriss – oh my stars, that is just TOO hot! It was 97 here yesterday and so very dry. Today it’s going to be cooler, with a high of 96. HA! Enjoy your walk. I get to stay home until Sunday, so it doesn't seem as busy.

Maryq – my goodness you are staying up late! Have a great lunch with Vicki and catching up with your former co-worker.

Jana – sorry about the arthritis. Oh my GOSH – 105? And if I remember correctly you weren’t cooling down much at night. Have fun with Sarah today – that gift sounds perfect.

I was up at 4 (but not out of bed until 4:45). My sucker punch stuff finally arrived – it’s supposed to smother out all those ding dang suckers that one of our trees is sending out. Then had to install a hose wind-up thingy – I read the instructions three times and finally found a youtube video that explained it. Then water all the newly planted flowers. I got five more periwinkles to plant, but I’m not doing that until tomorrow. I swear the front area where I’m doing all this planting is a mosquito factory. It seems like they’re even in the ground! Oh well – two coats of OFF and they leave me alone. Our new Traeger smoker thingy just got delivered, so now I’m off to see if I can get the wifi features connected. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:41 am

Jana, 105* is way cooler than the airport. lol

Chriss, it's hot here too, only we have humidity. Our quilts in the garden show on Saturday is going
to be warm. We've already sold over a 100 tickets. I sure hope people show up.

Judi, window cleaning is such a pain.

Valerie, I bet you are ready for you trip to Vegas.

Sharona, our son Shane has a Traeger smoker. It makes delicious meats.

I have a Zoom class on quilting with the walking foot at 0900.

You all have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:55 am

Hi everyone! I thought I would give you all an update. Each day is bringing me more energy and healing. I felt good enough this morning to choose my fabrics for this week #11 sew along block I am not going to push myself. Too easy to go overboard. I will press out my fabric pieces on another day another and cut them out. Have to watch the use of my left arm. That's the side of my implant position.
Very thankful to be alive and well. Praise God my condition was found and treated so quickly.
Sending my hugs and love to all of you. Thank you for your suppy and prayers.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”