Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 15th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday June 15th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:26 am

Good morning,,I will be taking Gloria to the dr today. Then I will come home and do some windows I really am behind...maybe I can sew tonight,,,My friend will stay at her sons house. Weather is beautiful here we slept with the windows opened...hope you all have a great day, XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday June 15th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Today is beautiful we are going to be in the high 70's I'm still on the hunt for new sneakers still haven't found anything yet also still working on my stockings I love to sew small projects once in a while.

Well thats all the news here I hope Everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:50 am

Hello everyone sunny here & 80 for our hi
We had 2 hot days in 90s
DH has early Dr appt so I got to get going Seems it’s something everyday
Judi So nice of you to be a true friend for your friend
Lois I ordered my sneakers on line & love them Got what my DD suggested
To all others have a wonderful day
Prayers for Velda Kathy LynsDH Rosebud Cindyg and Don & all in need. Becca

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:51 am

I just checked CindyG Facebook page, no new posts. Praying the bleeding stopped in Don's brain. They have been through so much.

DH has treatments today. When we get back to Coach I will do some cleaning and laundry. We'll leave here mid day tomorrow, only 217 miles to Aunt's house. I'm glad I can park at her farm. If Garry gets tired, he can go to the Coach and I can still visit family.

Prayers for All.
Lyn

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning ladies work is doneπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

So I started working with little man on his preschool work got him registered for preschool I will be homeschooling him using the Christian Abeka program. We decided he will be homeschooled until middle school and then he can decide if he wants to continue the a Abeka accredited program or go into public school which honestly I will probably pay to have him in rolled in a private Christian school.

I’m working on some UFOs I got my 12 days of Christmas top all together and ready to quilt I have my attic quilt on the long arm been doing some quilting on it so hopefully will get those to finish this month

Dd 🀒 was sick all night puked three times thank goodness DH was able to help clean up he got her in the shower three times last night as I tried to shampoo the rug

Little man keeps us outside in the pool most of the day we went swimming twice yesterday and then came in the house got a little housework done. DH got the pool lift put in last night but it Hass to charge for 24 hours so hopefully tomorrow DD can go swimming.😍

Vbs is this week so going to take a little man with us for his first time. 😍

Other than that not much going on here just hot humid although temperatures are supposed to come down the rest of the week until Friday and then skyrocket againπŸ€ͺ

Hugs πŸ€— prayersπŸ™ Happy stitching 🧡
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:48 am

Good morning!

Our temps here never dropped below 80 last night. Yesterday was 103 and today is the same or higher. Yes, we are hot!

With that heat, nothing much will happen around here today. I will just hang out in the Batt Cave and play.

Many prayers for all our friends here,
Hugs
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:27 am

Good Morning All

Another gorgeous day... will be warm but at least not blazing hot! Might even turn of the AC and see if I can open a few windows and get a nice breeze through the house.

Judi... If I was closer, I'd come help do windows! All my insides are done... but I need to call the company that does that outsides for me. I tried cleaning the one in the middle of my bay window... but the sun comes up through that window and boy I can sure see streaks!!!

Lois... Hope you find the perfect sneaks! Do you where shoes around the house or just when you go out? I'm a barefoot gal! but there are 4 pairs of shoes in my entry way... just to slip on to walk to the mailbox!

Becca... I was thinking about you yesterday... seems I hadn't seen you! Glad to see you this morning. Almost sounds like we are in nationwide heat wave!

Lyn... There are advantages to having a home on wheels yes? No hotels to worry about. And Garry can sleep while you drive?

Izzy... Sorry to hear your DD was sick in the night... poor thing! I bet she will love being able to get in the pool to cool off!

Jana... The Batt Cave will be a perfect place to be all day! And while you down there, you might as well sew a little bit right?

Yesterday I was able to get quite a bit done on a Tulip Quilt (a MSQ pattern) I actually cut it out and was going to keep it as a little kit to work on later after the kids get settled in... but I started it anyway... So far it's turning out pretty cute. Thursday will be my last sewing day for a while. Friday I'll be scrubbing down the house, Saturday I get to go meet Michael (Jen's ex) and Eli and Kaya for lunch.. Sunday evening I'll be flying out! The 3 bedrooms down stairs are all ready for them... I'm going to make some WELCOME HOME signs and I bought a bunch of US Flags to put all over the place.

Still in jammies. and need more coffee... so off I got

You all are in my thoughts and prayers

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Good afternoon, it's going to be a scorcher today and for the rest of the week. I plan to be indoors for most of it.

Becca, hope DH's doctor appointment is quick and easy.

Lyn, you are so blessed to be able to "camp out" at your aunts place. Prayers for Garry.

Maryq, you sound a bit excited to get your kids home. I am so happy for you. I would put a mint on each of their pillows. Enjoy lunch with Michael and the grands. Can't wait to hear all about it.

We are still walking in the mornings, two miles. We have also decided that since the temps are going to be 108* on Saturday ( but it's a dry heat) we aren't going to go to the flea markets and sales as we had planned. instead it will be iced tea and air conditioning.

Hope you are all having a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Hello ladies -

Hopefully, today is the last time I have to do a drive-by. We left for the city at 8 - I got up at 5:30 to get all the yard work in before we left. Ran lots of errands and got some more plants for out front. It got up to 97 here - an all-time record! It is, indeed, too dang hot. I did pick up my machine, so I will be heading out to my SSSS sometime this week. Gardening sure takes up a LOT of time! Prayers for all those in our little group who are struggling. Wish I could hug you all! xoxo Sharona

Return to β€œSew ins”