Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 14th 2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday June 14th 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:45 am

Good morning Well it is going to be a busy week here. I have something to do each day but friday. My friend Gloria fell and jammed her shoulder and broke her right arm...She is having a hard time with activities of daily living, She will spend the day here, Her DDIL will drop her off on the way to work. she will stay through supper and we will take her to her sons house tonight. Tomorrow a dr appt. weds appr with the eye surgeon ( every 6 months) thurs day lunch with another friend ( she always cancells so there is hope) friday day off and saturday baby shower for my grand daughter. sunday will be my day of rest...lol maybe....
Good news is I finished the baby quilt and it is ready to wrap. I even got the sew along block cut out...If I can settle Gloria in the upstairs recliner and tv I will sew it thi afternoon. She is a tv watcher I am not...but I will be socialble...hope you are all doing ok. I know I am...( ken says once a nurse always a nurse) have a great day xxxxxxxxxoooooooo

suzette58

Re: Monday June 14th 2021

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:52 am

Good morning everyone.
Today we have a few errands to run then I plan on finishing the quilt top I am working on for hubby’s Aunt. Then maybe tomorrow I will go looking for backing fabric. My favorite place to go doesn’t look like much but they have great prices on fabric that is overstocks and such. Well, I guess I better go eat breakfast. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 am

Judi, sounds like a busy week. So nice of you to help friend, hope her arm heals quickly.

Suzette, hope you find backing fabric. You are a busy lady, too.

DH has appts today and tomorrow for treatments. Wednesday we head to Nebraska for my Aunt's 90th Birthday party. I promised to pick up my DS at the airport. She's coming in on Thursday. We will help our cousin with preparations for Saturday festivities.

Prayers that all have a good week.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:05 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today will be errands and I have to shope for sneakers I Like new balance thats what the podiatrist recommended a few years back so thats what I will look for.
I made 2 mores stockings but I unplugged my machine for now a threat of t storms so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Judi that is sweet of you to help out your friend your nursing career is not over yet :lol:

Lyn have a great time.

Suzette I hope you find backing.

Well I have to go get ready
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning!

Hot, hot and more hot. But I did chose to live in the high desert and so I won't complain, too much! LOL!

Not much here, more Batt Cave construction. I am fixing sleeves on a dress for a friend. The sleeve is too tight around her arm, so I will add in a piece of fabric in the seam. Nothing hard. My new trees are planted with only a small hiccup. Our dirt here is very hard, nicknamed, Herriman concrete. As the guys were digging the holes, by hand, with a pick ax, they broke a sprinkler water line. They fixed it, but that pipe ran right through the middle of where the trees were going, so we needed to move each tree a little farther out from the fence. It worked out OK. Now we just need to water them. We also decided to add one more, so will go to the nursery and see if there is one in stock.

Today will be a few uglies and then sewing in my wonderfully cool Batt Cave. Always a perfect 72 in there. Matt borrowed my Solara, again. Enoch should be fixed today.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Me adding - Michael just showed me a cartoon in one of his model railroad magazines. It is of a wife, a quilter, looking at her quilting table, and asking, you're not putting another bridge across my table are you? There is sawdust all over everywhere! The husband replies, don't worry, it's just "man glitter". Uggggh! Someone has been the fly on the wall in my Batt Cave! LOL!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:09 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Flag Day!! Do we even celebrate that any more? It's not marked on my Calendar... hhhmm... I always remember it because it was my Aunt's birthday!

Judi.... My goodness. you have a busy week ahead.... for me it's the calm before the storm. So sorry for Gloria that she fell... you are sweet to be her "day care" for a little bit. I think Ken is right... nursing is a career you never really "retire" from!

Suzette... do you ever check out the fabric sellers on Facebook.? There are many and knock-on-wood, I've always had pretty good luck! There is one guy that sells Riley Blake at $4./yd and he is so kind and easy to work with... At $4. yard you can get enough to make backing without going broke!

Lyn... Thank you for posting the news about Velda..... Hope you have a safe drive to Nebraska! Will send a little prayer to St. Christopher for you!

Lois.... I got my book from Amazon for the stockings yesterday.. Am thinking I might take it on the plane with me to read and plan!!!

Jana..... oh my goodness... you broke a sprinkler line?? I dreamt last night about a water faucet that wouldn't shut off. Do you suppose I'm psychic?

Maryz ... You must be out of range.... but just in case you are able to get in.... HOWDY!

Valerie.... You're going to do a Fab. Forties class! How fun!!! I have the whole book and I'm itching to start it myself. I've been collecting a tote box of the perfect fabrics for it (and it's not going out to the garage) Can't wait to hear what helpful hints you have to share!

Well it is now after 10am and I'm still in jammies... better get in gear... one more load of laundry...then I need to run into town... I can't find the spare key for my car, so need to see if Hardware store can make me one----yes, my car still has a key... not just a fob! :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:33 am

Maryq, I still celebrate flag day. It's a very important day for the county.

Jana, oops. Glad they were able to fix the sprinkler line right away. With the heat you don't want to leave your sprinklers off. Jonathan calls saw dust man glitter. He's the wood worker.

Lois, who are the stockings for?

Suzette, hope you find some backing fabric you like.

Judi, nice of you to help out your friend. Hope you get in some sewing time as well.

I've got some cleaning to do today. Also wash the sheets and a run to Costco. Then maybe this afternoon I can get in some sewing time.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Good evening friends, it's been a busy few days.

I am blessed, my work sent me the information on retirement so I am eligible for more than I realized. Yay me. The medical insurance they offer isn't the best but they pay for it so I will take what I get until I find what works for me.

Judi, my goodness, you are a busy girl. Your week will fly by.

Suzette, great to find a good deal on backing fabric. hope you found the perfect piece.

Lois, hope you found your sneakers. I also use New Balance. So few choices in the stores here. Mine are grey with pink trim. Not my favorite but I only use them to walk.

Jana, love Michael's cartoon. We also have hard clay soil. and when you get down a few feet you get granite. In the summer there is no digging unless you are a squirrel, gopher or dog. How did your lesson go?

Maryq, a key is much cheaper to replace than a whole fob. lucky you

Lori, I didn't know Jonathan was a woodworker, what does he make? How is your dad? Love the picture you posted of the quilt shop / liquor store what a fun place to go.

Maryz, yay for the new cookbook. do you ever follow an exact recipe or do you use cook books for ideas?

Valerie, safe travels next week. hope it cools down a bit for you.

We have added a fourth lady to our walking group. She was really excited but couldn't walk today and can't walk tomorrow. One of the others can't walk all week. Only myself and one other person can walk often.

Seriously considering rejoining the gym so I can utilize the equipment they have. I have to firm up very loose skin. If I could tight up my bod I wouldn't be so baggy. Great vision to have before you go to bed.

Jerry made chicken crust pizza last night. it was so marvelous and quick to make.

Nothing else new here, I pray you girls have a groovy night.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Good evening - I am typing this in bed so I will be brief. Got up at 5 to weed and water, then Costco. This heat really takes it out of me so I took it easy the rest of the day. Tomorrow is basically a repeat but we are running into the city for the dogs spa day. Xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”