Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 13th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Sunday June 13th

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:45 am

Good morning sunny and warm today here,,,after a night of rock and roll thunderstorms. I finished the scalloped border on the baby quilt and made the biased binding just need to put them together . My delima is they havent picked a name for the baby yet . ( they like to do things with drama) so I dont know what to put on the label. Might I just leave the label off till the baby is born and add it later...( probably wont happen given the fact that I never see the baby quilts after i give them)
we went to Ryker,s T-Ball game yesterday, he was adorable. these are 3-5 year olds...some of them are so little it takes minutes for their little legs to carry them to first base. and some one or a few have to go potty while they are on base and the moms have to go out there and take them to the bathroom... :lol:
Well I hope you all have a great day,,,my word today s blessed...hope yours is too XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Sunday June 13th

Post by Becca » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:54 am

Good morning everyone sunny here today
Yesterday we made it to 86
Judi I just got my label on my Baby quilt & it will be mailed this week
I am sure those little kids are so cute playing Ine with f my grands played & our DGS said they were so cute
Suz Enjoy your new machine
It’s Church so I need to get moving Kind of draggy this morning
Have a blessed day everyone. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 am

Good morning

We had a beautiful day here yesterday in Rockport Washington, population 108. Drove into town of concrete, population 738, and Went to a flea market where I bought a better homes and Gardens cookbook for $1 and a model tanker truck for my brother-in-law who collects. No fabric shop.

Today we Head over the North Cascade Highway, one of the most scenic drives in the country make camp at lake Curlew state park for three nights. Temps should be in low 80s.

Judy, when I am in that situation I just right Baby Last Name on the label. Better than putting a chosen name and find out parents Change it after they meet the baby, which I’ve known many people to do.

Becca, enjoy your day and stay cool!

Lori, is that shop in town of Packwood? If so, we have driven by it but never stopped. But you can be sure we will be keeping our eye out next time through! Thanks for the heads up!!

I did cut out several more blocks for my gypsy dancer 3 yesterday. I have them in baggies, ready to sew when I get my machine set up.

Y’all have a great day!

Mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning world. This is the day the Lord has made........

Went to my first Fabulous Forties class yesterday. I think this will be a fun and interesting class. She has it set up for 9 months. Each month at home we have to make 4 of the log cabin blocks or follow our plan for adding blocks with chain piecing. I think I will do the chain piecing way. Then, for 7 months we will do 2 blocks at the 5 hour class. The last month will be for putting the quilt together. I think it will be a lot easier to actually get the quilt done this way.

One more week till Vegas! I am going to pull a suitcase out today to start packing. My BIL and I will go to the attorney and bank while I am there to take care of that business but the rest will be fun time. Will visit 2 of the quilt shops while I am there. Not a gambler so need to spend my money elsewhere.

TV went to TV heaven last night so DH was in withdrawals. Found one on sale at Best Buy so it is up and running. We had the other TV for probably close to 20 years.

Have 3 charts to catch up so I can get paid. Will get that done today. Other than that, going to rest my knee cuz for whatever reason it has decided to act up yesterday and today. I am not one for pain pills so it kept me up a good part of the night. May nap a bit later after Dad's lunch. He usually sleeps in his chair for bit then so I could too.

Prayers for all in need.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:36 am

Good morning!
Judi, thunderstorms.... I'd sure like too have some of those! Three T ball game sounds so cute ❤
Becca, I'm kinda draggy too but our heat yesterday was the culprit and we're so hazy today that we can't see maybe a mile? I can't see any of the mountains in front of our house.
Maryz, you scored on that cookbook!
Valerie, that sounds like a good plan for your quilt blocks to get made.
Today we have an appointment for tires for Frankie's truck.... in Cruces at noon, ugh. Today is the last day of the sale and we've had the appointment four a few days now, it was when they could get us in. I'm just hoping it's not hours and hours waiting. I'm taking a book though. We were 108° yesterday and it was awful. We did a few things outside early which included watering all my trees and shrubs in the front yard, when temps get above 100° it can stress trees so we have to water a little extra so we don't lose any. We're supposed to be just as hot today but I guess being in an AC vehicle and tire shop is better than our swamp cooler.
You all have a great day!
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today will be sewing and more sewing not much of anything else going on here.

Suzette I hope your enjoying your machine.
Mary z glad your enjoying your time away.
Becca enjoy your day.
Judi the little ones are always fun to watch.
Valarie so fun to pack for a vacation enjoy.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:55 am

Good morning!

We are heating up again. The proverbial they say, records could be broken. They are usually wrong, but we will go to church and come home and hide in the Batt Cave. We do have the neighbors walk about this afternoon, so will put our chairs in a shady spot in the front yard.

I teach today. Everything is packed in my tote bag ready to go. Me, I am still in jammie and hair in rollers. Not quite church dress - LOL. Church is still three hours away.

Well, Matt broke Enoch, his truck again. This time it was the gear shift handle on the steering column. He had Enoch towed to the dealership and they had the piece in stock to fix the problem. All the problems with Enoch, makes me glad I drive what I do!

Do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:26 pm

OK ladies block 11 0f sew a long is up

Return to “Sew ins”