Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 12

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Saturday June 12

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:34 am

Good Morning Girls

Am thinking it's just going to be a matter of fact.... that I will always be the last one here. :) :)

Suzette... Congratulations on your new machine! I'm going to google it so I can what it looks like. Easy to set up? Maybe your DH will do the Washer waltz for you today so you can sew. :lol: :lol:

Lois.... What's your favorite sneakers...? I'm a Sketchers gal.... Luckily for me there is a Sketchers store at the outlet mall 2 miles from my house.. though I don't know if that makes them any cheaper! :lol: but it sure makes it convenient when I need a new pair!

Judi....sounds like a great plan to move your LA machine... .at least it would be more conveniently located! As I've been looking for townhouses... in case my kids want to buy my house... a main floor laundry room is a must!!! I did find a perfect place, but I'm sure it will be gone soon!

Diane..... So nice to hear that a nurse is being honored for her service.. I think that they are the unsung heroes. Which Janome do you have? I have a Skyline , though I wish I would have gotten one with more decorative stitches.. and I wonder why they put all the Cyrillic letters on them! ?

Velda... Oh gosh... I so hope that the monitor works well and shows nothing out of ordinary! Will keep the good thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Jana... What a great way to get to know your neighbors! We used to have a block party in our neighborhood once in a while... but now we hardly see each other... We wave as we go by sometimes. but there's been a turnover in the area lately.

Maryz.... Had to check the map to see where you are! You went way north! Are you at the state park? In any case... you are 1330 miles from me! :lol: :lol: I love the map app on my phone!

Katy....What wonderful news for your sister.... Cause for celebration!!! I've been checking my tomatoes every day here... with this heat they get wilted pretty quick. I might have to ask my neighbor to water them while I am gone.

Sherry.... Sorry but I had to chuckle at going crazy sorting pictures and papers... Been there done that... While on one hand I'm thinking moving to a townhouse would be so nice.... I forget about all the packing and sorting I'd have to do! With no rain here for a while... my lawn hasn't even needed to be mowed... saves me a few $, but it sure doesn't look very nice.

Chriss.... Hey where are you??? Are you going garage sale-ing today? There sure are a lot going on up here... and while it's tempting... I sure don't need any more JUNK! I could probably have one at my house, even with all the stuff I got rid of at Viv's.

Sew Along News: Katy is up next and we will post her block when ever she's ready. Next Monday (the 21st) I will be in Montana ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but I will post my block before I go, probably Sunday morning.

For now I better get in gear. Not going to do normal Saturday choirs, just a lick and promise for now. Will wait until Thursday or Friday to do the scrub down before I leave. This afternoon I'm headed over the my nephew's son's graduation party. Seem like just yesterday I was going to my nephew's party.. now he has a son that just graduated. Must mean I'm getting old.!

Wishing you all a Super Saturday.. . KEEP COOL and HYDRATE!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:43 am

Good sunny and bright Saturday morning, what a fantastic day today will be.

Not quite sure what the plan is today. I'm going to look at the events on Facebook, and of course look for yard sales ( I'm addicted to the thrill of the hunt.) and will prepare some flowers for applique.

I've been finding so many shirts at yard sales. I went from a full closet of too big clothes to a closet with almost no clothes to a full closet of just the right size and some too small clothes. I like yard sale and thrift store shirts because they are not so thin and a little longer than store bought shirts.

Suzette, I have a Jazz II. It's a wonderful machine. I have quilted, both stippled and in the ditch, two lap sized quilts on it. Love the very large throat. And it's really a great deal, I paid $700 for mine. It's a heavy machine so you won't be lugging it to classes, it doesn't have a zillion stitches but does what you need it to do. Hope you also love it like I do.

Lois, happy sneaker shopping. Gosh I have trouble finding the right sneakers. Finally bought New Balance and they work well. I like a slip on shoe for every day, haven't found the perfect ones yet.

Judi, Prices have gone up here too. Meat has doubled, gas is very close to $4 per gallon, and building supplies are going up too. Sounds like, as you move things around in your house, you will find new uses for old rooms, what fun.

Diane, now that I am not working I am starting to do more around the house. that includes the laundry. Where Jerry did 3 loads on Saturday I do a load when the laundry basket gets full. Nice of the vets to thank the nurse, I bet she appreciated that.

Velda, so far it's not hot here but come Wednesday we are supposed to see 108*, but it's a dry heat. hope the heart monitor results shows you to be healthy.

Jana, oh my gosh, Frank and Marie? what a hoot. Love the odd even idea, what a great way to have a meet and greet. Rice Krispie treats are perfect.

Maryz, sounds like you are having a fun time. I love exploring little towns, they always have treasures. Alzheimer's is something I can get behind as far as volunteering goes. I want to volunteer to keep involved.

Katy, what a huge blessing, great news about your sister, really great news. I'm so happy for her and your family. If I lived closer I would go shopping with you. Happy planting, I bought two bell pepper plants that Jerry planted yesterday and we have a zillion green tomatoes that should start turning red soon, but not soon enough for me.

Sherry, I used to never fold my underwear. just tossed it all in a drawer. Jerry is a folder, and now I am too. The humidity is something I don't miss from our travels to the midwest. Are you putting the pictures in albums for the kids? Funny how printed pictures seem to have gone the way of the 8 track tape and dial phone. Kids have their pictures on their phones or a flash drive.

Valerie, ugh, swim suits. I donated my way too big suits to a local thrift store. not even sure where to start if I were to look for a new suit. hope you find one that suits :lol: you. Have a great and very uneventful trip.

Maryq, You so aren't last. lots of great things going on for you. David got a job, you get to see the grandkids, and the kids are moving home. It's good to be you.

Lori, I have a friend that I sometimes go to thrift stores with. I see something I think she would like and put it in front so it will catch her eye as she walks by. I'd be happy to do the same for you if we ever shop together. I am liking not working. My only issue is health care insurance. I will make some calls on Monday to see what I need to do. I do have my application in with the county and will only take a job based on the health care package. I think retirement is going to be right up my alley.

Sharona, thanks for the med insurance info. I think calling rather than emailing will eliminate any guessing. Jerry will contact the one you mentioned as well as others, he has a list. Why were you speeding to Alamosa? is everything ok?

Hope you girls have the best day ever,
Chriss.
Exodus 33:14

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Good almost evening!

Suzette - congrats on the new machine.! I hope it helps ease your shoulder pain.

Lois - I hope you find the perfect sneaker. I love New Balance. It took me four different pairs of shoes to find one that fit. It seems my left foot has grown a half-size. :o

Judi - I feel like that opening scene from the old Mary Tyler Moore show where she just rolls her eyes and flings the meet into the grocery cart. I'm so glad your LA will have a place to park.

Diane - that was so sweet of the men to thank the nurse. Very touching.

Velda - good luck with the monitor. I wore one three separate times, the last one for a month. It never caught my afib. I am so thankful they caught yours when they did.

Jana - sounds like you both will enjoy the meet and greet. Glad there was nothing amiss at Sarah's house.

Maryz - I'm glad you're having fun.

Katy - I am SO happy to hear the news about your sister!

Sherry - you have reminded me I need to put these pics in some sort of something for the kids.

Valerie - safe travels.

Maryq - have a great time at the graduation party.

Lori - it's always so good to see you.

Chriss - Are you sure that was me? I'm sad to admit I don't remember doing that. We went to visit Jim's younger daughter and her three girls. It was the youngest's seventh birthday. Plus we got to see a soccer game and a soccer camp. Jim does all our laundry, and he folds the underwear. I use to just toss it in a drawer, but I got one of those drawer organizer thingies, so now I stuff them into that. Sure makes a difference.

We were beat when we got home. Alamosa is at 8000 feet, and that altitude takes a whack at us these days. The pollen from the conifers has turned everything a lovely yellow - so we've got that going for us. The animals did ok while we were gone. The kids taking care of them never saw the cat (no surprise), but the dog refused to get back into her kennel and the 15yo was so upset with himself that he couldn't coax her back! Oh well - no biggie. I hope everyone had a great day - see you tomorrow! XOXO Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Maryz, have you been here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”