Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 11th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning,

One of the hens next door must have laid an egg and she's making a big deal of it. Lots of happy cackling going on over there. Plus Dean is crowing as proudly as if he'd done all the work himself! Love living next door to chickens!

We are all set to hit the road about 9-ish this morning. Just the last minute things to go in. And a few last minute chores - water plants, take out garbage, lights on timers, etc. We also always turn off the water in the house after Sue had a pipe burst in their house in Bellingham when they were in Texas a few winters ago. They made the 3,000 mile trip home in 5 days pulling a 36-ft trailer and then it took 4 months of repairs to the house. We try to learn from others' experiences. Anyway, we'll be rolling soon. Yesterday afternoon, I cut out several GD3 blocks and bagged and labeled them for sewing later. EAch block is different and I'm using a wide variety of fabrics - all pinks with a bit of green here and there. I don't usually sew with this many pinks except for baby girl quilts. It's such a pretty, happy color and a nice switch from my usual blues & greens.

BECCA - you mean your visiting snake was a copperhead?? Aren't they, like, really poisonous? It would be good-bye snake here, too! Your poor CA had to go to the dentist again? I hope just another check-up.

JANA - Have fun putting your sewing space back together! You sound pretty familiar with my state! :D And you're right - not as much green in central WA as on the west side of the mountains. But some. Our first two nights will be north of Seattle. Then across Highway 20 (North Cascades Scenic Highway) to Lake Curlew just south of Canadian border for 3 nights. Lots of Tamarack and pine trees there. Then south to Moses Lake for 2 nights where it will be hot and dry. Then south and east to Prosser for 2 nights - almost to Walla Walla. Most of the green there is vineyards. It will be gold with endless wheat fields later in summer. Finally to LaGrande, OR for 3 nights at friends'. Lots of green there in the Blue Mtns. I think we'll be getting our fill of hot weather on this trip once we get over the mountains. When we come home, June 24th, we'll be staying put until August.

As for our supper tonite, it will most likely be indoor cooking as it's supposed to be cool and showery in the little town of Concrete where we'll be camped tonite and tomorrow. A one-dish meal of Rice-a-roni with canned chicken and peas tossed in. And perhaps a side salad.

What will be going on your plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 11th

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 am

Good morning!

Mary - I had a brother that lived in Lynwood for a time and so when we went to visit, we explored are the area. Of course, there are some famous railroad tunnels in the area too. Once on our way to Oregon from Utah, to visit Michael's brother, we played, cross every bridge over the Columbia river, and back again. Lots of railroad track in that area to see.

It is chilly here this morning. My trees will be here early. So we are moving the extra vehicles that live here, across the street to Sandee's house, so the tree company can get into the backyard. No ceiling work as my handyman has been working with a hurt wrist, so is resting it today.

Dinner - a BBQ pulled chicken sandwich and a bowl of soup - it's cold here!

In a few minutes I will be heading down to the Batt Cave to sew, play and clean just a tiny bit.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 11th

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:34 am

Mary, that sounds like a great trip. I thought Autumn was coming on the 19th. Apparently I missed something. So will you be tasting at the wineries? Have a great trip.

Jana, so how many trees are you putting in? Those trees make a nice barrier.

I cut out one kit yesterday and started on a second. I have 4 kits and I'm determined to make them. I bought 3 Christmas kits last year, and 1 patriotic kit on my trip last week. I have 2 retreats coming up in July and August. So hopefully that's what I'll be working on.

I took a class on quilting Wednesday, and tried some of it out on a quilt yesterday. Part 2 will be next Wednesday. Can't wait.

I have a bit of cleaning to do, then cutting. It's warming up here, so I think maybe chicken on the grill tonight. I'm cooking up potatoes for potato salad as well.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”