Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs June 10th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thurs June 10th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:48 am

Good morning It is sunny another steamy day,,,we are getting high humuduty and the mosquitos are out. I need to weed again. but I also need to do some basement work...It need a good sweeping in my long arm area so I can quilt the bby quilt and get it wrapped for the shower. so that is what I will do today.
Thank you Maryq for the help with the sew along block...I might get that caught up later today...
We had a nice dinner last night with the granddaughter and family. it was good to be with them. I need coffee and get going hope you all have a great day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Thurs June 10th

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:27 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Today it will be in the 80's here but not as humid as it's been there is no rain for the next couple of day.
I will do some uglies and then if there is some time left I might make another stocking or do the binding for the tshirt quilt.
Judi glad you had a nice dinner with dgd and family.

Well it's time for me to get started I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:46 am

Good morning ladies it has been a rainy week here often on rain and humidity really bad

I got another UFO complete it and posted I’m feeling accomplished getting so many done I’m washing the backing now for the next one to go on the long arm to be quilted that one is my ELs attic quilt that I finally got all the blocks put togetheri

I’m going to piece together some blocks that I have from other quilt tops that I have stored away want to work on some of the swaps that we’ve done

I am hoping to get those tops put together and quilted then I’ll start cutting other pieces and I’m working on two block of the month that I’ve been working on for a while but hopefully will get some of those caught up as well

Wrapping up my last week today and tomorrow is paperwork and then I will be done with work in on summer break so looking forward to that because I don’t start back until Labor Day

Well I got the news yesterday from my son and DDIL is off all of her meds including birth control so we may be getting another grandbaby so keep your fingers crossed lots of prayers that we do I am so ready for a new baby

I start homeschooling little man this summer we’re starting preschool and getting him ready for next year full-time preschool and then he will stay homeschooled with me. I will use a Christian-based homeschool program. We decided to homeschool him up to middle school and then let him decide then if he wants to stay homeschooled or I will put him in a private Christian school.

So nothing else new here hope everyone is doing well been reading your post lots going on with healthcare issues with them and their DHs and just family in general all of you are in my prayers always

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
Last edited by billizzy on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
🐐izzy

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:48 am

The weather here for the next few days is the same with the everyday pop-up showers.
The presentation for QOV went well. The vets and their families were very happy with the quilts.
We have about 150 on our list-much better than the 450 a year 1/2 ago. It is amazing how much a quilt wrapped around a vets shoulders could bring tears to so many. (mine also) Right now the other Diane and I are working on tops for the women's PTSD units with beautiful ANDOVER fabric that Daryl (brand manager) sent to me. The box came about 2 weeks ago and was a great surprise. She has been really supportive of our mission at QOV. I feel so blessed with being able to help.

Tomorrow I'm taking Laura to the vets cafe for a small presentation, she looked forward to doing that every Fri with me before co-vid. Hopefully this is a sign of getting back to "normal"

I'll check back later to see if Maryq is moving to the townhouse.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 am

Good morning!

Our handyman will be here today. More ceiling install. We have a large basement, just over 2000 square feet.

I will be putting back my bookcase stuff - haven't gotten to that and working on my lesson for Sunday. It has been cooking in my brain for awhile and now I need to put that cooking in a orderly manner. Also need to print some quotes in large lettering to place on the board. My lesson discussion is on helping children, youth and even us, in how to hear Him, and be prepared for thorns and obstacles put in our path of living the teachings of Christ. I am still trying hard to do that.

So a bit of lesson, a bit of sewing, then more sewing! I need to make up my missed time in the Batt Cave!

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 am

Good morning to all. I came to read too late to post Tuesday, then didn't get here at all yesterday. Sorry. I meant to give an update.
My colonoscopy went very well, but DH and I had a bit of a scare while I was in recovery. My pulse was all over the place. Irregular heartbeat. They called it A-fib. Sent me to ER. Had lots of tests. Almost transferred me to heart special hospital. Finally my heart settled down on its own. But it's not over yet. I have been referred to cardiologist who wants echocardiogram, and have me wear a Holter Monitor prior to my appointment with him. On my own, I am monitoring my BP with pulse with our home meter. It was up and down yesterday. I am still worried since I have never had any heart concerns. They all told me I was a lucky lady to have this happen at the hospital where they could treat me right away.
No history of heart problems. So I am told this will be treated. Seems I keep meeting all these nice new friends in the healthcare profession. 🥰
Seems to be better if I keep moving around, not just sitting still all day.
I will keep you posted as I learn more and get appointments all set up.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 am

Good morning,

We are almost ready to hit the road. Today is clean the master bath and vacuum the house. I like to come home to a clean house. I need to pack the trailer fridge and lug my sewing projects out to the trailer and I think we'll be ready to roll. We leave tomorrow morning, and will camp our way around the central part of the state for two weeks. I'll be taking my computer but we'll see how much internet we have up in the mountains. I'll try to keep in touch.

Mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning and happy Thursday, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

Our temperatures are cooling a bit, the upside is the windows stay open all day, the downside is that the tomatoes need heat to ripen. ugh, it's a quandry.

My sewing room project is making a banner, not quite sure how to do it yet, of 5 flowers each has 5 petals. they are colors that represent the stages of Alzheimer's. I am making Alzheimer's one of my volunteer groups. Not sure what others will be but will figure that out later.

Judi, glad you had a nice dinner with DGD, I loved spending time with my grandparents, lots of smile making memories.

Lois, those little stockings are so darn cute. I love them.

Izzy, I saw a picture of your family on FB. My goodness is that little boy growing up. Love that he chases frogs. give him a smooch from me.

Diane, what a blessing that you are back to wrapping Vets in quilts in person. I have a friend who does Wreaths across America. I much prefer honoring people who are alive, and that's just my opinion. I'm impressed with what you do for Vets.

Jana, I like your lesson plan. It's important for kids to determine if what they are hearing is good or not good. Lots of things can be made to sound good that are really evil, so important to listen to that little voice in your head. And when in doubt walk out, pray about it and get the right answer. My dad taught me that you sometimes need to wait 24 hours before responding so that you can make sure to answer wisely. I also am still working on it.

Velda, prayers for you and the heart issues. I am also glad you were in the right place when it happened.

Maryz, have a great trip, sounds like a fun get away.

Becca, I do enjoy the yard sales. Since I have had to buy new clothes almost every top I own is from a thrift store or a yard sale. I love the thrill of the hunt. Guideposts sends me a daily email with a little one page story pertaining to a bible verse. Today's story was about a girl who loved sales and it was her addiction, sort of saw myself.

It's kind of crazy here. I apply for jobs online so get a zillion job things (spam) in my email. Jerry is researching which medicare and gets a zillion phone calls on his cell phone.

Well I need to get dressed so I can go walking with my friend. the second friend is feeling left out. She lives alone in a big two story house and has all day to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You know how us women are, we "what if" until we talk ourselves into a crazy place.

And I hope you all have a fantastic day,

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:43 am

Good HOT morning Girls

Sounds like we just hit 100* again today.... guess if I am going to go out today, I better do it soon! Need to run to PO and get gas in the car.

Judi.... Glad I could help... I'll be around so send me a photo when you're ready!

Lois... I think Amazon has that quilt book "better not pout" Does it have a big Santa face on the Cover? Looks like a lot of darling applique patterns in it to.. I just might have to go for it! Looks like a lot of cute patterns!

Izzy... OH My What fun... waiting for good news of a new baby? You know how we all love fun baby news ....

Diane... Tell your Andover connection, that I have been buying a lot of Andover Fabric... :lol: :lol: Just trying to do my part! :lol: :lol: Might be a while before I get that townhouse... and truthfully if it works out that would be great... but if not... I'm happy where I am..

Jana.... Funny, I was just talking to God last night about the path of my life... How very grateful I am for the roads He's taken me on... even the bumpy, dark and scary ones. To believe that His grace got me safely here... well, its what keeps me sane !

Velda.... OMG SO glad to hear you are okay!!! What a scare and I too am so glad you were right there at the hospital. Could it be stress from the colonoscopy test? If you can't get to the forum but want to let us know what's up... text me and I'll share.

Maryz.... Wishing you a GREAT time.... with great weather, beautiful sights to see and a winery here and there! Oh and a quilt shop or two

Chriss.... I have seen your FB comments etc on Alzheimer's.. My sis has done the walk a few times... I don't think there is anybody in the world untouched by it... knowing some one or having a relative. I worked with a lot of Alz. patients ... so sad to see such vibrant lives changed by it. If Jerry is looking for Medicare plans... and if he hasn't already. Tell him to call Humana directly... they are SUPER helpful and my plan is only $60/mo which I think is pretty cheap!

Well, I better hit the shower and get to the PO... then back home to do some more clean up etc etc.. you know me.. always a mess here and there. I'm working on a little quilt that I'd like to get the top finished today.

Lots of prayers today for Cindy & Don, Velda, Kathy, Mary Rose, and all else in need!

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:35 am

We are speeding down the interstate to alamosa. Hottest day of the year here - ozone alert, etc. we will be home tomorrow.

Velda - I have Afib so if you have any questions, just let me know. Things are so bouncy I can barely read the phone so I’ll bid you adieu. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”