Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday June 9

Daily discussions.
Becca

Wednesday June 9

Post by Becca » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning everyone cloudy today
Have to go do errands pick up meds few groceries & mulch
Flo I find it very rude to not be grateful for your gifts you have given to them So sorry you get treated that way
Chris I know you enjoyed the yard sales
Maryq I know you will be so happy to see your family
Hope everyone has a wonderful day Becca

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday June 9

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 am

Good morning Becca and all who follow,

Getting ready to leave we have a chiropractor apt at 9 then a few errands to run then its back to the ac.
After we get back I will start another stocking
I'm just making them random don't have a purpose for them yet but they are so darn cute I couldn't resist.

Becca I hope your errands are fast.

Thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:31 am

Good morning Becca We are partly cloudy here with a chance of rain later today. I have 1 bathroom to clean I only got one done yesterday, A run to Joann's for some batting ( i thought I had some) then my son is coming to have some stitches taken out of his finger, ( retired nurses never quit) they have been in 10 dys and are due to come out,,,he passes out easy so would rather have mom do it. and he couldnt get into his drs office till next week ( who knows why)
Then this evening we will go to dinner with our granddaughter for her 23rd birthday...she will graduate from college this year and get her CPA. She is an awesome girl. very proud of her.
I am going to try to sneak in my sew in block for this week and last....I think I am behind....
Well thats it I need to run and see if I cn acomplish what I start out to do today,,,Have a great day,,,,,my word is friendship some thing to give and recieve,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:13 am

Good morning,

BECCA - More errands? More mulch? You are one busy lady!

LOIS - which stocking(s) have you done so far and plan to do next? I'm kind of following you along in my book - not sewing (yet), but just admiring. I'm always interested in what everyone is doing. (Some people might call me snoopy, but I prefer "interested" or "engaged"). :D

JUDI - My kids would never let me touch them except for regular mom stuff like boo-boo kissing and bandaid application. Even today! :lol: I only got one bathroom done yesterday, too. The easy one. But I DID get my countertops polished and rearranged, pantry organized, and kitchen floor mopped. Then we went to Costco and Fred Meyer, came home, and I made and froze burgers, cleaned veggies, etc. I did my back/hip exercises - twice - and got some cleaning done in my sewing room. Oh - and fed my roses and other flowers and did all the needed deadheading. Whew! I'm more tired than I thought! I'm caught up on my sew-alongs but will be two weeks behind when we come back from camping.

SHARONA - hope you had a nice visit with your friend. 95* is definitely above my temp limit! I'm sweating at 80*. At one time Bill tried to get me to move to AZ. HA!! No way!! Did you get all your plants planted? Any more talk of your parents moving closer?

SHIRLEY MAE - happy to hear Rod is home again. I firmly believe we all do better at home if possible.

SHERRY - These days our meteorologists are usually spot on with their forecasts. Not like the old days at all when the "green screen" was a flipboard of papers and they had to draw their own sun, rain, and clouds! lol! Glad you got such quick service to repair your fireplace.

MARY Q - the nice thing about grass is it doesn't die in summer - just goes dormant. We pay for our water, too, so I understand not watering. I want a video of you doing a rain dance! You don't unplug your machines, TV's, computer in a t-storm?? Do you have them on surge protectors? I think Costco will issue you a one day pass so you can see 'what it's all about'. Not sure if that pass allows you to buy anything. But if your kids have a card, I'm sure they'll go and buy any extra necessities and you can go with them.

TINA - It's a lot easier to be organized when you don't have jobs or nearby family. This trip we are just going camping by ourselves, moving around through central WA, spending 2 or 3 days in each place. Availability of camping reservations is what has determined where we go and how long we stay. Our last three days we'll visit our good friends in LaGrande, OR and be home June 23 or 24. Then we'll stay put until Aug 9 when we're going out again with my sis and BIL for a short trip.

LYN - I hope these therapies work for your hubby. I wouldn't drive back and forth that 30 miles either. Hope you are a fan of hand work! or reading.

CHRISS - are you doing any sewing now that you have more time on your hands, or are you still getting yourself adjusted to your new life?

Today is laundry and cleaning the downstairs. Mostly that means the master bath and simply straightening up stuff that has migrated. Bill will do the vacuuming (I hope). I really want to come home to a clean house since my DD#1 and DSIL from VA will be here for breakfast the morning after we arrive home. One last chiro appt before we leave. My back/hips have been bad lately, hence the flurry of chiropractic appts and exercise regime. They are helping. My sewing room is a mess - still - so some work is necessary in there. I keep hoping for a few extra minutes to make even more of a mess, but so far, that hasn't happened. lol! Maybe today . . .

Piece!
Mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning!

Today is National "Do something fun day"! I so declare! I can do that! I also have the title and deed to a beautiful orange bridge in California, printed them myself! :) I am tired of work, it's a dirty four letter word!

The sod is all cut and loaded into Sarah's truck, her truck is bigger than ours. Stu worked hard here and at Sarah's. She is redoing her backyard. But of course, nothing goes right. The cutter sheared a pin on itself and stopped working. So Michael and Stu took it back to the rental place and got a different one that worked. That was a delay of a couple of hours. In the mean time, Sarah and I went to Costco. So on the way home, after detours because of orange cone season, she saw some trees planted next to a house that she wanted Michael to see - varieties for my yard. We stopped and she took pictures. Then this black pickup pulling a trailer stopped just in front of us. Sarah's phone rang - it was her truck, Stu driving with Michael and Ethan too. They were wondering why we were stopped. So after a brief explanation, we headed off, them following me. So of course, it was a race, legal speed limits, of who could get home first. I went one way, he went the other. The two roads intersect, I was in the lead, Ethan is giggling hard! I won! On the boys way, past my house, I was at Sarah's, a little toddler was in the street, middle of the road, just wandering. The toddler was at the end of my street, so the boys stopped and found his mama. The family is new in my Ward, and the mom thought the sister was watching the toddler. Good deed for the day. Today is returning the sod cutter and the run to Acme Landfill, otherwise known as the dumps.

My sewing area is back in business. All the wiring is done! The little red barn has electrical power and any future wiring has a smurf tube, so wire can be run through it. It's called smurf tube because it's just a blue empty pipe that you put a heavy duty string in, so you can attach a future wire to pull through, without make holes in the walls or ceiling or digging up the ground. It is planning ahead. Engineers do that. So, I will be putting back all my books and embroidery discs, etc, on the shelves. My area will not be disturbed again! Yippee! I can play! I am also celebrating that the carpet cleaner is back in the closet where it lives! My floors all look so nice! Hence, the declaration of DO SOMETHING FUN DAY! So y'all, just do it!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning!

Another busy, busy day. Been up since 5 - my plan was to get outside before the heat. Nope - van battery was dead so had to jump it and take it into the shop. We are supposed to take it tomorrow to Alamosa but who knows now. I'm headed out to visit the mosquito farm. I am enveloped in a cloud of DEET - it's sort of fascinating to watch them all crowd in but stop at about 6" from my clothes. I have DH spray my clothes as well - these guys are nasty. Best get cracking - there is too much to do today. xoxo Sharona

p.s. - Maryz - they are still debating. They know they are welcome here, but they don't want to move.

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:20 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Whacky Wednesday!

Becca.... Two weeks from today I'll be riding in a U-Haul truck with my son! Yes.. I am pretty darn excited! I'm going to put USA flags all over my house to welcome them back to the US!!!

Lois.... I'll have to go back and check on your stockings... they might be cute little Christmas presents for my grandkids. Every year I try to think of some little thing for Corinne and Nolan's cousins too. They call me Nana too!

Judi... Hope you had a coupon for batting at Joann! Have you noticed how expensive it's getting. I love Warm and Natural, but at $20 a yard... I look for coupons for sure!

Maryz.... I probably should unplug.. but it's such a pain to go back and reset everything! I do unplug when I leave the house for a period of time... especially my sewing machine and my iron. You went to Freddies!!! My favorite place. I love their bags you can buy for hauling groceries... Every time I go to AK I bring back a few more! I hear WM is going "bagless" so I'll have to remember to bring them.

Jana... Oh Thank you for declaring this "Do Something Fun" day! I'm so ready for a fun day! Though I suppose just about every day is a fun day when you don't have to go to a job!

Sharon... Mosquito Farm? I didn't think CO had mosquitos... or at least that's what Michele brags to me all the time! It's been so dry here lately that I haven't even noticed any.... and the Mosquito is the Mn state Bird! :lol: :lol:

Time for me to a move-on... Ran to WM for a few groceries last night and still haven't gotten them all put away.. then going to head down to wash up the fabric I bought the other day and make plans for summer sewing after the kids are here. Going to be another hot one today, so will spend most of it down stairs where it's good!

Enjoy the Whacky Wednesday

Return to “Sew ins”