Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 8,2021

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Tuesday June 8,2021

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:55 am

Good morning all from very hot NW Ohio. Another day to stay in and keep cool. Possibility of storms this afternoon but they said that yesterday and nothing happened. We do need rain here though not as bad as California. My DH used to say don't listen to the weather reports just look out the window for what is really going to happened. If I was a wrong as the weathermen get it sometimes I would have lost my job. LOL

Going to get back to more sorting today of my pictures. Can't believe how many I have taken over the years. Just about finished with my cross stitch project so I can get started on the next one. I do need to get back to my quilting project also.

Last week had a leak in my fireplace chimney that came through the ceiling. Called fireplace company and they came and fixed it that afternoon though they had other bookings. I think the fact that I paid them the $1400 right on the spot when they were done got them to put it ahead of others. Did good job because it needed cement work, new flashing and seals. Good use of stimulus money.

Well, better go get some breakfast though it is actually closer to lunch now. I found these really great pumpernickel bagels and I put pimento cheese spread on them. Oh so good. Have that a cup of coffee in the morning.

Well, better get going. Hope everyone has a good and safe day. Stay cool!

Sherry

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am

Good Morning, I posted a msg about Rod coming home last night over on my prayer request post. I did copy and will see if I can post here. If it doesn't work, will have to go over there. thanks again everyone. Hanging in there. Rod is weak this am but ate breakfast and so far so good, still down. Gotta scoot. He is in shower and need to go and ck on him.

*******************UPDATE ON ROD-BACK HOME AND OK FOR NOW*********************************************

Good morning all, Thank you so much for your prayers. They did several diff heart tests on him yesterday after trying to control his awful nausea/barfing. Did the tests anyway. The chem stress test and other heart tests all came back good. Said his BP is good too. Decided to let him leave.

I brought him home after 6 last night. Had very little for supper but kept it down. Still had headache and head so stuffed up. They think possibly sinus and/or allergy problems triggered most of his stuff. And the chem used for test just made him more sick. Think headache may be from no coffee for several days.

He went to bed before 8 and slept until about 3 am. He had his clothes on when he laid down on bed and pulled a blanket over him. I just let him sleep, never had much rest at hosp. He is better this am, was happy to have his coffee and a shredded wheat biscuit with blueberries this am. They fed him very little at hosp and what they did feed him didn't stay down, so he thinks he lost 8 lbs. Needs to change his diet and lose some wt, we both do.

More dr apptmts being made today to see reg dr next week and a cardio in a few months just in case. But he is doing better. Kitties were so happy to see him back home. So was I. I hate being alone, kitties here helped a little tho.

Thank you all for your prayers. And your kind and encouraging words of support. I pray for this group each night, we all need help from above for various things, and don't always ask for it. Sorry I didn't post this last night. I was so tired. Had very little sleep for several days so need to do some napping today.

God bless you all today and all your tomorrows too. Prayers for all on here today and may God bring healing to the sick and hurting and hope to those who are feeling lost and lonely. Love my cyber QIAD family, always there for us when we need you.

Hugs to all, Shirley Mae, Rod and the kittycats, Daytona (the speedy one) and Patches (gold and white patches like a quilt. LOL)

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm

Good morning!

A drive-by today - I'm headed into Denver to get my hairs cut and meet up with one of my best friends. It's going to be 95 in Denver - about 85 here. I could not get to sleep last night - the pine trees are finally releasing their pollen (everything is yellow) and my allergies were really acting up. I could feel the histamines running rampant. I was afraid to take an allergy pill because of the afib. I guess I can nap on my drive home - ha!!!!

Maryz - you are so kind - I thought I remember you saying you would NEVER get rid of that machine! Of course, it might have been a different one.

Better go change into my outside bra (aka - one with support!) and hit the road. It's a little over an hour's drive. Stay cool! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”