Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 8,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday June 8,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:02 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are now in the 70's and going up to the 80's with t storms coming.
Today I don't have to be anywhere so I've already stripped my bed and make it back up
later.
I want to start sewing early because by noon time we will be getting tstorms so that means time to unplug my machine.

Well thats all the news for today.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday June 8,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 am

Good morning We too are in the 80s and expecting storms...BUT they said that yesterday too...I have 2 bathrooms to clean and sewing to do, So I will get the cleaning done first. Yesterday I puuled out the blender to make asmoothie for ken and the blender did its job make the smoothie and proceeded to die. It moved very slowly and started smoking...It was done ( 20 some years old)...So When I went grocery shopping ( big box store) I picked up a nutribullet...this morning it made a great smoothie. I never use the blender for anything else so this was a good replacement. ( We have another blender for frozen concoctions downstairs)
Well I need another cuppa coffee and get moving here,,,Hope you all have a peacful day,XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 am

Good morning!

It should be slightly cooler today. We are just 70 right now, so thatbodes well.

The construction is moving slowly, but moving. The boys are about to pull the wire through the pipe, everything is ready for the connections. We had the sod cutter reserved for Stu today. After he does the cutting, he will finish the sprinkler rehab.

My new trees are called arborvites. They grow to be about 20-25 feet tall and about 12-15 wide. They are a fast growing tree, but need to be pruned to keep from overtaking where we are planting them.

A little bit of uglies, 2 bathrooms and vacuum. I did my kitchen floor, it looks wonderful! I use Kwikshine for a finish and boy it is shiny! It looks like it is wet, even though it is dry and no one wants to step on it! LOL! Then , if the sewing area is clear, I can sew!

I am also readying my RS lesson for Sunday, it my turn again.

Do something fun!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 am

Getting close with kids house. I am tired and stressed. My kitchen is gutted....DDIL not happy with my "used" cabinets. We have paid for 90%of everything. She feels she should have new cabinets. Sorry I don't have an extra 10 grand for her....arggggg
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 am

Good Day to All.
We'll be in the 80's with a chance of thunderstorms.
One day is same as the next here. Drive DH to Dr office for the 2 treatments and drive back to Coach. That takes about 5 hours out of the day.

Flo, you and DH have worked so hard on that house for kids. Sorry DIL is being ungrateful! I have a suggestion, but better keep it to myself.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:55 am

Happy Tuesday! No much on my plate for today, some charting to do (this never stops!). Regular caregiver not here today so his old one will be back. I am hoping she will help me go through the top of the closet in Andrew's room just to see what is up there. Looking to throw away whatever I can.

Chriss a male flower has a pistol and a female flower has a portal. I take the male flower off the plant, peel away the petals. Then you rub the pollen on the pistal on the inside of the portal and all around it. It is really quite simple. Then you wait a few weeks and low and behold, there is a zucchini ready to eat. Now using bees is much easier but when you don't have any.........

I saw the tornado that went across Colorado yesterday, Wow, my sister is 50 or so miles south of Denver. She got a thunderstorm but luckily no tornado. I feel sad for all those who were affected by it.

I am looking forward to my Vegas trip. I really feel I just need to get away. I will need to take an assessment of the rest of my sisters stuff (family heirlooms) and give my BIL a list. He has agreed to make a Will so the items don't end up just anywhere. He is sadly estranged from his 2 daughters so there is really no one to step in and assist. We need to talk about that too. But other than that, my friend and I have lots of fun things planned (quilt shops included) and he will tag along when he feels like it. He has always wanted to go to Oatman AZ where the wild donkeys come into town so we will be taking him there. Still trying to wrap my head around this but I will get there.

I heard from the Triage nurse I was working with on my night shift job. I guess they have redone territories so she is out a job. She texted me so I would not have a big surprise. That was nice of her, she was nice to work with so hoping whoever the new one is, is also good to work with. I have not heard from her this shift so time will tell.

Taking my Dresden plate from the sew along apart to redo it. I made the blades too big and it won't fit on the 12.5 inch background. I should just recut but don't want to waste the fabric. Using scraps so supply is limited. Then I need to buckle down and get caught up somehow.

Well sun is up so need to go check those zucchini blooms. I keep getting male flowers and no female! The flowers close after a certain length of time. I think it is light and temp. If I wait too long into the morning they are already closed.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning,

JUDI -At least Ken got his smoothie before the blender died. I'll see you your two bathroooms today and raise you a kitchen floor. Then maybe I will sew, too.

FLO - sorry about DIL's attitude. You know what they say - 'No good deed goes unpunished.' - Tell her of course, she can have new cabinets, too, but she is going to have to pay for them herself. Then see if she still wants them. It seems the more is handed to some people, the more they expect, the less appreciative they are, and they never learn to do for themselves.

LOIS - I too, unplug my machines in a T-storm. Years ago we lost a big cabinet TV to a storm. We now have surge protectors but I try not to rely on them.

JANA - are your new trees deciduous or evergreen? They sound pretty. What kind of floor do you have that is so shiney?

VAL - Sex in the Backyard! You lead a pretty exciting life! I feel sorry for your BIL. And sorry his daughters aren't there for him. He will enjoy Oatman. We spent a day there a few years ago - took my SIl after my DB passed away. Loved the burros in the street! That's too bad about your DP block. I, too, frog and reuse my pieces. I can't stand to waste any fabric at all. I save everything down to 1-1/2" squares.

LYN - what do your DH's treatments consist of? I believe you said time in a hyperbaric chamber but I forgot what they other one is. It sounds like when we took Bill's mom to radiation every day. We also took our RV to her town to live in for 6 weeks while we drove her back and forth and it also took 5 hours a day. Can you go back to the RV and wait for him or do you have to stay there with him?

SHARONA - do you have an ETA on your machine? I'm sad that you can't sew and I can. I should sell you my Featherweight for a back-up machine. I never use it myself.

CHRISS - Nice to have a clean slate to start with to find out what you want to do with the rest of your life. I often say I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I think I got most everything in the trailer yesterday except for fridge stuff and things we are still using in the house. I am almost finished cleaning and polishing my kitchen cabinets. They are on my agenda for today along with the floor and then the bathrooms. A little yard work this afternoon - feed and deadhead roses and other flowers. I messed up my sewing room yesterday making some lotto blocks so I will clean that up, too. If any time is left, I will sew something - little stars for my Star Bright or GD3 blocks. We also need to hit Costco and grocery store one day this week. Could be today, but we'll see . . . .

Wishing everyone full bobbins!

mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 am

MaryZ, the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is one hour in the tube, changing clothes into all cotton scrubs. The EDTA Chelation Therapy is an IV drip that takes 2 hours. The distance between Coach and Dr office is 30 miles, one way, so not worth the drive. I'm trying to plan things to do in the car, as Minnie and I wait. I'm probably too protective, but I watch DH put in and out of tube and hookup and unhook from IV.
Lyn

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning!
We're to hit 100Β° again today but they say no wind, I really hope they're right about that! I need to water everything outside. Frankie is doing the weed eater right now and then we're need to go to town for gas for the mowers. So today will be all about the yards. I was up till after 11 vacuuming, ugh. I vacuumed for 2 days straight. These dirt storms really bite!
Lois, if you'd send me your T storms you wouldn't need to unplug and you'd get to sew more ❀
Judi, our blender is 36 years old, don't tell me it's gonna die 😭 I use it for smoothies and red enchilada sauce mostly. I'm glad you found another though. I do have a backup thankfully if mine does quit.
Jana, I think my brother and SIL have arborvites, I'll ask.... they're really nice privacy trees if that's what I'm thinking of.
Flo, oh my goodness I'm not sure I could've held my tongue! You've done so much for them and how rude of her!
Lyn, I hope his treatments are helping ❀ what hand projects are you working on during your waiting time?
Valerie, why don't you have bees? Try planting some flowers around your garden that should attract them 🀞
Mary, I forget where you're off to this time and for how long..... you're always so busy and organized....I seem more like the fly by the seat if my pants kind of gal compared to you LOL and I thought I was organized before πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Well I've been looking for a block to make for three Christmas swap LOL I've found sooooo many and different ones that we've not done before! So many to choose from 🀯 I'm printing a few and seeing what I like and then if I make samples I'll just have extra blocks πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ my kids want Christmas quilts so none will go to waste.
Prayers for all in need.
You all have a great day!
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 am

Good Morning Girls

Did y'all enjoy my little song of "tropical heat wave" yesterday.... well,. just hit the rewind button and play it again!

Lois.... A good old fashioned thunderstorm sounds kind of nice actually. We really could use the rain here.. my grass is getting pretty dry... but since it's an acre and I have to pay for water, I'm just going to let it go and do a rain dance when nobody is looking! :lol: :lol: I've heard you should unplug machine in storms, but I never have... guess I've been lucky!

Judi... For a minute there I thought you said Ken started smoking!! I know he's a hot guy... :lol: :lol: I should probably find my blender somewhere around here... I bet the grandkids would love smoothy or ice cream shake sometime. And what the heck... a good frozen margarita sounds good too!

Jana.... I wonder if that nice cool air you have is moving this way? PLEASE! Do you have linoleum floor in the kitchen? My house came with that... a million years ago we put down Pergo and it's awesome... my favorite part is it hide the dirt really well.! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flo... I am so sorry your DIL is such an ungrateful you-know-what. Tell her that these are fine for now and when she gets a job and saves up some $$$ she can replace them.. Easy for us to say right? I think we should have a little whoop-dee-do party for you when they are finally moved out!

Lyn... Where are you parked these days? Near your DD? Or did you go back to Estes?

Valerie... So good of you to take care of your BIL. My heart always breaks when I hear kids are estranged from their dad... two sides to every story I guess. but it's still sad. Hope you find some fun things at the quilt shops!!!

Maryz.... If you are going to Costco, can I give you my list. I don't have a membership and would love to go shop around. I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to need to buy TP in Bulk when the kids get here. Though I think they have a card--a Canadian one.. should work here right? When are you leaving again? Next week?

Tina.... Maybe I should go out in the garage and dig out my Christmas fabric so I can be ready!!! I think I have 6 or 7 Christmas quilts done, and another 3 or 4 in my UFO box.... so it's not like I NEED a Christmas quilt... but I have lots of siblings so I'll share! Anxious to see what you come up .

Time for more coffee! Yesterday I braved the heat and went to see some fabric from a gal selling her stash! She had bought out a quilt that went out of business and had a lot of nice stuff at 4./yd. So I grabbed some stuff for Viv and I. Viv loves green and orange.. so I always keep my eye out for stuff for her too (she does the same for me) This gal had 4 boxes of pattern for 25c each! and some embroidery thread. Have any of you ever used that to quilt with? Then I ran to fabric warehouse to pick some a couple things that I needed.. Needless to say it was an expensive day! BUT so worth it!

So today, after the usual morning shine up... I'm headed down to wash up what I bought and get it ready for projects to do over the summer. I have 2 weeks to get super organized before kids get here... wish me luck!

wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Sending prayers to Cindy & Don, Garry, Kathy, Mary Rose, Shirley Mae and Rod.

Return to β€œSew ins”