Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Update on ROD- back home-Thanks for Prayers

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

Update on ROD- back home-Thanks for Prayers

Post by Ittybittygma » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 pm

********************UPDATE ON ROD-BACK HOME AND OK FOR NOW*********************************************

Good morning all, Thank you so much for your prayers. They did several diff heart tests on him yesterday after trying to control his awful nausea/barfing. Did the tests anyway. The chem stress test and other heart tests all came back good. Said his BP is good too. Decided to let him leave.

I brought him home after 6 last night. Had very little for supper but kept it down. Still had headache and head so stuffed up. They think possibly sinus and/or allergy problems triggered most of his stuff. And the chem used for test just made him more sick. Think headache may be from no coffee for several days.

He went to bed before 8 and slept until about 3 am. He had his clothes on when he laid down on bed and pulled a blanket over him. I just let him sleep, never had much rest at hosp. He is better this am, was happy to have his coffee and a shredded wheat biscuit with blueberries this am. They fed him very little at hosp and what they did feed him didn't stay down, so he thinks he lost 8 lbs. Needs to change his diet and lose some wt, we both do.

More dr apptmts being made today to see reg dr next week and a cardio in a few months just in case. But he is doing better. Kitties were so happy to see him back home. So was I. I hate being alone, kitties here helped a little tho.

Thank you all for your prayers. And your kind and encouraging words of support. I prayer for this group each night, we all need help from above for various things, and don't always ask for it. Sorry I didn't post this last night. I was so tired. Had very little sleep for several days so need to do some napping today.

God bless you all today and all your tomorrows too. Prayers for all on here today and may God bring healing to the sick and hurting and hope to those who are feeling lost and lonely. Love my cyber QIAD family, always there for us when we need you.

Hugs to all, ShirleyMae, Rod and the kittycats, Daytona (the speedy one) and Patches (gold and white patches like a quilt. LOL)

#############################################################

Orig Msg below

Hi everyone, Spent most of the day at the ER with Rod, my DH. He woke me up in night with severe pain in his back and both arms down into fingers. I thought he might be having a heart attack so called 911. They don't know what is wrong but doing chem stress test and some other test too tomorrow. Ran other tests today but dont' think they know what is wrong with him. Ambulance took him in and they kept him.

Please keep us both in your prayers. I am exhausted tonight. He is in the hospital at least over night for observation. It was 107 here today so car was extremely hot when I finally got back in it. After walking all over the hosp, very little sleep, got lost on way back out across the hosp that is almost 2 blks long. Only one entrance you can go into other than ER and the two are not far apart.

Stopped to ask for directions, nurse walked with me and finally got a wheelchair and took me all the way to car. Bless her heart don't think I would have made it otherwise. And car was so horribly hot. Only had about 8 blocks to go but temps inside car was awful, heat outside just as bad, rolled windows down and hoped I made it home.

Please pray for strength and courage and rest and good health on my part so I can be there for Rod. And say a prayer for Rod that he regain his strength and ability to do some of the things he used to do. He is not doing well these days, diabetic neuropathy in feet so bad, can barely walk across room some days. Has motorized scooter for when we go out anywhere. It folds up and fits into trunk. He is so discouraged these days. I am just tired from trying to take care of him.

God bless you all tonight and prayers for all your needs too. Thank you for your prayers now and in the past. Shirley Mae (ittybittygma), Rod, and our kittycats Daytona and Patches.
Last edited by Ittybittygma on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

fabricgirl

Re: Prayer request for DH- in Hosp and not good

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 am

Shirley Mae prayers for you and Rod that they find out what his problems are .

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:58 am

Shirley Mae, so sorry for all these health issues. Prayers for both of you. Sounds like you didn't have air conditioner in your car. That's terrible heat to deal with. It's so easy to get lost in these big hospitals.
You need your strength to be care giver.
God bless you, friend.
Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 am

Sorry for your illndsses will ask God to help your out.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:28 am

Shirley Mae so sorry to hear everything that youโ€™re going through will definitely keep you in prayer ๐Ÿ™

Hugs ๐Ÿค— too
๐Ÿizzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:28 am

Praying things turn around for both you and Rod soon.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:50 am

Shirley Mae prayers are certainly flying your way. God be with you during this journey
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 am

Prayers for both of you during these trying days. Hope you get answers from the tests that were taken.
Diane

STAY STRONG!!!

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 am

Shirley Mae So sorry you are going thru this Praying for Rods healing & strength for you as you care for him. Hugs & prayers Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:26 am

ShirleyMae, sending prayers for you and Rod. And for the doctors too, I pray they get it figured out and resolved. xo
Psalm 91

Return to โ€œSew insโ€