Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 6,2020

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Sunday June 6,2020

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:28 pm

Hi, remember me?

Boy has this been a busy weekend. yard sales and estate sales, I've been a busy girl. Probably spent a total of $20 but I am cheap. the girls I went with really spend money. they just pick things out and load them up and haul them home. it's just crazy. and it is fun.

The friend I mentioned the other day, the one who I wanted to see if she was really ok, well it's a good thing that I checked. she is a bit down in the dumps. Guess it was a good thing that I told her to put her shoes on and we would be picking her up soon. She had a bit of a cry and all is a bit better. We found out the other friend's husband has a spot on his liver and his cancer may be returning. More next week after they see the doctor for test results. Guess I lost my job in time to be a friend.

Lois, I saw one of your Christmas stockings, was it face book or Instagram? it was adorable.

Suzette, Moda bake shop has lots of sew alongs on facebook. what is the name of the pattern you are making for your aunt.

Judi, yay for getting to sleep in your own bed and catching up the laundry. so nice to have your own bed. Girls are a booger aren't they? Glad mine is over 18 and not under this roof.

Becca, hope you had a nice church service. I didn't go today. i need to get back on track.

Sherry, I read a book once about the women of the Bible. Who knew there were so many of them. and i found it interesting that some were quite prominent.

Maryz, you are going to have a great trip. I didn't see any fox, sylvester, nun or blessed mother things in my yard sale adventure. But, as soon as I read Jana's post I am going to tell her what I did find, stay tuned.

Jana, we went to an estate sale and the man collected train stuff. there were train this and train that things. I kept thinking of you and how Michael would love to have been there. Thinking about the trains made me wonder if your Batt Cave was back in operation, and that got me to wondering what your next sewing project was. Kinda nice to be thought about.

Tina, you are such a busy girl. Fajita's sound wonderful. I had a chili relleno and a taco for my meal today. Too full for dinner. Nice that you were able to help your daughter. Is this getting her class ready for next year?

Maryq, if you moved 5 miles up the road the kids could take your house until they found the one they really want. Two weeks,? do you know how fast that will fly by? my goodness you are going to be floating when they get there. I am going to pretend I didn't read the whole grass skirt thing.

Sharona, Hugs to your little puppy dog. Hope, that if this is the end, that it's as peaceful as possible.

Valerie, I would have no clue how to sex a plant. you go girl. I think Saleing is in the same dictionary as funner.

I plan to go sign up for planet fitness tomorrow and get this baggy body unbaggy (also a word in the funner dictionary)

other than the above my life is boring, just the way I like it.

you all have a great night.
Chriss.
Exodus 33:14

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:26 pm

I'm back.....
Maryq, yep a Christmas swap is being rolled around in my head.... I'll be posting in July.... Christmas in July! Woohoo!
Chriss, I've been helping her set up her room for next year which starts July 1st I believe. I've helped her every year LOL she's starting her 10th year of teaching this year. I asked her yesterday why her hubby doesn't help her, she said he said he'd help her but she told him, no my mom does that ❤ I loved hearing that! She has such a knack for decorating but she still asks me what she should put here and there and what I think of this and that and what looks better here? It's always great to spend that day with her ❤❤ this year it was just the 2 of us, Jazmyne helped her Papa and the boys stayed home with their dad.
We were hot and windy today again.
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:42 am

Good morning!

Judi – it seems that the summer is flying by already. Good luck with your errands and I hope you get to sew today.

Lois – glad you can get back to sewing.

Vel – love your blocks. You make it tempting, but new sewing for me until I get my machine back.

Maryz – I wish I could make rhubarb pie – the stinking deer ate ours and killed it. Sounds mighty tasty. Happy chiro-ing and enjoy the coffee with your friend.

Jana – double trouble! I really hope they finish up the ceiling today. I like your tree planting to block out balls and light.

I didn’t make it here yesterday. It was a race to get eight more plants into the ground before the heat hit. Had a really good friend die yesterday. We worked together 30 plus years ago. He was a quadriplegic who had the best attitude and such a joy for life. He drew a picture once of him walking out of his wheelchair into the arms of Jesus - and now he has. Today we’re headed to Costco because I’m headed to Denver tomorrow. Someone has turned up the speed on how fast time goes! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”