Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Don and Cindy update

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Don and Cindy update

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:27 pm

This morning Cindy posted on Facebook requesting prayers for her and Don. I texted her and she called me this afternoon with an update. They just got the news a couple days ago that Donβ€˜s cancer has now spread to his brain. This is causing him double vision so he can no longer drive himself to doctor appointments. They are going to try radiation and maybe chemo. His severe infection is not completely gone yet so he may go back on Antibiotics as well.

Cindy is still working full-time because she has to pay the bills. They are trying to sell their truck, fifth-wheel, and boat. I can tell you that trailer will be a steal for someone. The truck too,for that matter. Just in case any of you might be looking.

She really appreciates the thoughts and prayers she feels coming from this forum and asked me to convey her thanks and gratefulness. She said one day she will be back but right now her heart is somewhere else

grammiequilts

Re: Don and Cindy update

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Awww that is so sad...I will pray as always.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Thank you for the update Mary. So heartbreaking πŸ’”
Prayers going up for them πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Tina

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:52 pm

MaryZ, thank you so much for posting this update. Prayers immediately for both Don and Cindy.

May the Good Lord bring some semblance of comfort and peace and hope as they face the days ahead. This has to be doubly hard for Cindy as she tries to both work and care for Don as well. Having to sell the camper, truck and boat makes the situation even harder to deal with. Praying they have family and friends in the area to lighten the burdens Cindy is dealing with right now.

Is there anything we could do for them to help? could someone please send me their address so I can send a card their way. Words just can't say what is in my heart, I ache for them as they go thru all this.

Cindy, if you read this, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. May you be surrounded with the love and caring of many angels, watching over you. We are all here for you with our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs across the miles to all, sometimes all we have is each other to hang onto and God above to get us through things like this.

Shirley Mae

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Cindy and Don are in my prayers every morning.

Having met Cindy at the Houston Quilt Show I know what a really nice person she is. Prayers for her and Don as they go through this rough time.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Shirley Mae, I PM'd you Cindy's address. If anyone else would like to send a card - wouldn't a card shower be nice! - please PM me and I will be happy to give you her address.

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:31 pm

I’m praying much for them Sent a card today May God comfort them & supply their needs Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 am

Mary thank you for posting this I saw her post on Facebook also I hope that Don's treatment
Goes well and gives him some comfort.
Praye to both.
Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:32 am

Thanks for the update, this will be a difficult time for Cindy and Don.

Sending prayers their way.
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:25 am

Having had the pleasure of meeting Don and Cindy in person... my heart truly breaks hearing this news. My thoughts and prayers are with them both in these difficult days. May God be gentle and grant them both his love and grace.

I'm wondering if they night be considering hospice care?

Return to β€œSew ins”