Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY, June 4th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

FRIDAY, June 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning,

Quite a cool down today with storms on the weekend. Looks like it might be a sewing day. :D

CHRISS - you have so many options right now and plenty of time to explore them. I know you will find the exact thing that suits you the best. One thing - since you are no longer anchored to a job, you are free to move about the country. ;)

JUDI -THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for finding my fabric! I think I'm still going to run about 1/2 yd short, but hopefully not. If so, my quilt can just be a rectangle instead of a square. I really appreciate that you found 1-1/2 yd for me on e-Bay! Your temp job is almost done. Just one more sleep and you can go home again. You are such a good gramma.

MARY Q - What a find - a high schooler with good attitude who wants to do odd jobs and works for peanuts - butter cookies! Hang on to his phone number! Does he like to mow? Dig? Weed? Vacuum? Not too many more days and you will be off to MT! Has Jen answered you yet about Eli staying with you a little longer? I think it's an awesome idea! And maybe you can get your DEX to spring for some of his airfare when you take him home . . . And yes, I would LOVE for Autumn to resettle in Colorado IF she didn't come here. Both of them have made casual comments that they don't want Texas to be their forever home.

LYN - glad your 'quilty hug" found its way to you! God bless! How is Garry doing? Has his stroke left him with limitations?

SHARONA - did you ever finish getting your SSSS reorganized? Is your machine still at the spa?

Yesterday I got Christmas all wrapped, packed, and stowed away in the garage for my sis to take back to CO. Then I got all my new fabric folded and put away and finished my sew-along block. Then during TV last night I put the final cross-stitch in my autumn retro trailer, my last of the set, and got all four framed, ready to hang in our fifth-wheel. (I'll share a photo when the light is better). Today's plan is chiropractor, hanging those framed trailers, and cutting/sewing some more of my little 4-1/2" stars, Star Bright. Also, I have 6 days to pack our trailer for 2 weeks so I need to start getting things together. Plus I started cleaning/polishing my kitchen cabinetry a little at a time. My day is going to be happily busy.

Piece!
Mary Z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: FRIDAY, June 4th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:39 am

Good Morning It is cloudy and rainy. I drove a reluctant teenager to school..he would much rather sleep. it is like pulling teeth to get him to get up dress and eat breakfast. But I get firm and he moves.....then I stopped at the store for milk and came home to do dishes...the other 2 are sleeping but I will be getting them up soon/ I need to go pick up my sewing machine from the repair place. Put gass in my car and get them to clean their rooms...Mom and Dad wil be home tomorrow around 6pm/ I will put a casserole in the oven for them for tomorrow and we will grill burgers on the grill tonight. One more sleep before I can go home sort through a weeks worth of mail, open my packages ( I have been shopping. One from Quilt in a day, one from amazon, and one from MSQC. ) Then next week I need to do the rest of the windows,,,I have 20 to do...( yes feel sorry for me) probbly weed the garden,,,and clean my house ( Ken is good surface wise but I bet the dust is everywhere and the fridge will need cleaning and filling.) then there will be laundry,,,,,well Thats all from the complaint department. hope you all haveXXxxxxxXXXXXXOOOOOooooOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 am

TGIF!

Will go back and read everyone's comments and then respond later. Still on the clock, DH trying to pack DGS bedroom so he can bring it too him today. 4 hrs each way so will be a long day.

For those of you who have been around for awhile, you may remember my sister who lived in Las Vegas passed away almost 5 years ago now with brain cancer. I heard from her husband who I had already planned to visit this month that he has Stage 4 lung cancer. Also some cancer seen in the colon. Dr says he will succumb to it in less than a year and too advanced for treatment. Have spent the last week trying to wrap my head around this. I will get there. I think will be better after my visit.

Other than this most everything else is the same. Dad is getting his second eye injection today. He of course does not quite understand why he has to do this but it is what it is. We will get through it. Hoping his eye sight has improved a bit since last shot.

Will be back later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:45 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow,

Today we are already out and about we are on our way to Bjs then back home.
Yesterday I took out a book I bought last year
and started making a mini stocking will finish when we get back it from the better not pout book by Nancy Havolstein.

Mary you are busy try to enjoy your day.

Thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

Ps Mary Q that is alot of totes :lol:

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 am

I just saw that CindyG posted on Facebook a few minutes ago (9 a.m. CDT) asking for prayers for her and Don.

MaryZ, Garry has everything working mostly OK. He seems a little off balance once in a while, so is using a HurryCane. Also is a little fuzzy headed. He will ask a question that a couple months ago he would have never ask, cause he knew the answer.

I wanted to post a picture of the beautiful quilt. I will try later, need to head to Dr office soon.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:25 am

Good hot morning!

Already at 84 at 8 in the morning. So glad I have a Batt Cave that stays cool! Trash day, so that is out to the curb and I have laundry running. The great dust bunny war starts in a few minutes. I will serve the first volley armed with lemon pledge!

Not much else here. There is no time frame for the Batt Cave completion. My area, once the ceiling is in just needs the flooring. It's a waterproof click type barn wood looking tiles. Sarah is doing that, but it's sod season, and a cat on a hot tin roof best fits her job description. Right now she is dealing with her truck drivers just up and quitting. The company pays very well, but Sarah is struggling to find drivers. The other day she had to rearrange the delivery schedule, again, of 2.7 million square feet of sod for the week.

Time to fire the first volley!

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:29 am

Good morning ladies
The chiro worked on my shoulder yesterday. I am trying to get it to behave. I really do not want surgery. He told me to use a broom and put both hands on it and climb stretching my left shoulder. But not to overdo. It seems better today. But very little gardening. I will sew since my sewing machine keeps calling my name. I started my large basket for our sew along quilt. I will get it put together before I decide which flowers I want in it. They will be dimentional like the ones I put in granmas flower garden. I may need help deciding LOL
O Lyn I have you and Garry in my prayers.
Judi I love getting packages. I have some I have not opened. I might use for Christmas.
Maryz Our weather is doing just the opposite Went from nice cool weather to almost 90 today. But that helps my sweet potatoes grow. They like the heat.
I am feeding about 50 hummingbirds. I rescued one Wed. He was on the ground and could not get back into the air. I got a stick he held on and I took him to a feeder. He sat on the stick until he had eough food to get his energy back and then flew into tree.
Well I need to go sew. and check my roast in the crock pot.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:22 am

I still haven't had a chance to read all the posts. We are on the road now towards our son's. Just had my first follow-up with new hearing aids. I am loving them and discovering lots of sounds I had been missing.
Hope you all have a great weekend. I will read all your news as we drive.
Hugs and prayers for this most wonderful group of quilters.
Katy: I love the rescue story. Precious little creatures. They are amazing.
Valerie, so sorry to hear the sad news. Hope the visit will bring you comfort.
MaryQ, OMG! All those cartons full of material? I am amazed! Glad you found a helper.
Maryz, you sure are a busy one. Your quilt sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing your wall hangings for RV.
Judi, do you feel this week went fast? Seems fast to me, but I wasn't there driving kids to school and trying to keep two households functioning.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

womster

Post by womster » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 am

Gooooooooood morning!

Maryz - I’m excited that A&A are relocating. My machine won’t be home until next week, and yes, the SSSS is FINALLY reorganized! I walked into it the other day, forgetting how much progress had been made, and did a double-take. I can’t wait to get back out there! I wish I could get ¼ of what you accomplished done. Enjoy the chiro and the hanging pf the trailers – I can’t wait to see a picture of them

Judi – oh how I don’t miss those teenage days. When we were up in Lakewood at the DGS’s baseball game, the youngest (13) of that brood was just looking for ways to pick a fight with her mom. I heard her tell her cousin (visiting from NE) that she does not get along with her mom at all, etc. Don’t you love coming home to unopened packages? It’s like Christmas in June.

Valerie – I do remember your sister. How sad about your BIL. Prayers for your dad’s eye. An eight hour road trip does not sound fun.

Lois – What a cute name for a Christmas book.

Lyn – good luck today. I remember feeling that fuzzy-headed thing for quite a while. Plus I would get very dizzy if I even looked a foot higher than my head. But now all that is gone. It sounds like he’s making good improvements.

Jana – best of luck with the great dust bunny war of 2021. I have full confidence in your ability to vanquish them.

Katy – good on you for helping that hummer! I have only the husband/wife/kids. Others try to come, but that male is so darn aggressive he drives everyone else away. Yum on the pot roast.

Vel – I am so happy to hear you are liking your hearing aids! My dad refuses to wear his (and he’s tried three different kinds). My DH needs them but so far is refusing to even get checked. :roll:

I worked yesterday and then came home and didn’t do anything constructive. This morning about 1am someone decided to set off huge firecrackers, so that was fun. Today is chock-full of errands and computer work. We finally turned on the a/c. I guess I’d better get my rear in gear! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”