Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thursday June 3rd.

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

thursday June 3rd.

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:10 am

Good Morning I was up at 5 am. Ready for day 6 of my adventure. will be getting the boys breakfast soon here. Then the drive to school. He will be done next week/ I do miss my sewing room/ and I am behind in my sewing but 2 more days then I think I will nap and sew for a week.
I will head to my house this morning some time to fertilize my garden. We had rain a;; day yesterday which we really needed we will be up in the 90s this weekend. l....Hope you are all having a great day XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: thursday June 3rd.

Post by velvet » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:05 am

Good bright and sunny morning here in SC.
Making pot roast in the crock pot --friends from NJ are coming over for dinner. They now have a townhouse about 10 minutes from me. They were neighbors from our old house, 4 couples from there became close friends. We all sold within a few weeks of each other--we try to stay in touch. The funny thing is everyone lives within 10 minutes of each other and yet we don't see other very often.

Hope to get my blocks trimmed and top sewn over the weekend. The pattern is "floating stars" by Nancy Scott. It will be for QOV, the center is a soft floral, so may go to the ptsd unit for the women. Kathleen can make the call when I turn it over to her. Either way it will go to a veteran.

Well, coffee is calling my name.
Enjoy the day.
Diane

PS Maryz I am working on the bindings--I'll tell you when I send the package out.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning just a quick post let you know I’m still alive and still suffering from sciatica it’s about to drive me crazy I had a really good weekend guess I just overdid it because I felt good and then Tuesday it was right back in my hip again yesterday was really stiff in both hips so this morning it’s just one hip but I’m getting ready to run out and get the feeding done this morning

DH his hand is looking really good he just has one big scab in the meaty part between his thumb and pointer finger and then the rest just looks like a shiny babies but it’s all new skin but he hast to really keep it protected this weekend he didn’t put a sleeve over his arm and his burn spots re-blistered from the sun so that was a lesson learned to him he’s pretty mad at himself so I don’t say anything

Been working on a quilt on my long arm but yesterday my bobbin thread kept breaking so I had to reset my Bobbin several times so I just turned it off and stopped The spring in my bobbin popped out so I had to put it back in which is a pain in the butt but I got it all reset and hopefully later today I’ll do another run and see if it takes

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:40 am

Good morning early birds! I am joining from the laundromat. If we come early, we have the place to ourselves. Judi, enjoy your last days with kiddos. Izzy, sorry for all your troubles. Diane, boy you ladies are sure doing great things with QOV. So happy you can participate.
Have a fun day. I am going to have a busy day.here.
Back later
Vel
Heading home now. Always glad to have that job done.
Going to visit family tomorrow. Made food yesterday to take. BBQ, brownies, and bean dish called Texas Caviar. It's an appetizer you serve with Scoops. Yummy!
Now to get home and have our coffee
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:44 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here May get rain which we need
It’s been a busy week here Lots of errands & hair cut yesterday Today shots grocery & car inspection Yesterday the States web site was down
I finished up my forsythia bush’s trimming yesterday
Must get moving I have first appt
Everyone have a wonderful day. Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:02 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today is ugly day I hope to find a box later so I can mail the tshirt to the quilter I had to find another longarmer because my long armer retired I was so upset but when that door closed I found another one to open I did an interview with her and looked on her website and did alot of emailing and called and asked certain questions now I'm comfortable to mail it out I have learned to be careful.

Well thats enough of that story yesterday we went to hobby lobby found some nice things also walked in without my mask walked around for a few then I put it back on I guess I don't know how to trust yet.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great I have to get dressed and start cleaning.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:22 am

Good morning!

The sun is barely peeking over my mountains, just a nice wake up glow. We were hot yesterday and maybe a early 100's day for a day or two. If we reach the century mark, it will be a weather record. I do live in the high desert.

The boys worked on the barn electrical and made progress and also redeemed themselves for messing up my sewing area. They found a table, not being used and moved all the stuff cluttering the sewing area to it, so I can sew again.

So it is now very quiet here, all are camping about 2 hours from here. The kids love this spot, trees, a bike area to ride on and pool.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:20 am

Good morning,

I didn't think I overslept but looks like several of you UNDER-slept! lol!

JUDI - you just reminded me why I don't miss the teen years as much as I was thinking I did! Glad your machine is going to be a survivor! My first Christmas gift from Bill (in 1990) when we were dating was a Bernina 1030. I loved that machine and used it non-stop for 22 years. Finally I wore out some parts and it couldn't be fixed because the factory for those parts was in Switzerland and there had been an avalanche that took out the building that had all the molds for making those parts. A pretty unique excuse for having to buy a new machine and I grabbed it! For hand work are you doing yo yo's? Wool applique? Other?

DIANE - I googled your new pattern. Love it! some veteran is going to be lucky. I will PM you my address. Thanks.

IZZY - if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all! Sure hope life straightens out for you both soon.

VELDA - when on the road we always try to get to the laundry early, too, when it's unoccupied. Have fun at the party! I've heard of Texas Caviar though I don't have a recipe for it.

BECCA - so many errands this week! Errands tire me out. Glad you got your bushes trimmed. I've been meaning to stick a pin in my hiney to just get myself out to feed my roses - all 4 of them!

LOIS - glad you found a LAer. MSQC also does long-arming, though I don't know what it costs. I think it's about a 4-week turn-around unless you pay extra for rush service. I would trust them, though it's the post office that would worry me.

LORI - oooh, wine tasting AND quilt-shopping! You know how to party!! I have an opening for a new BFF . . . . :D

CHRISS - Oh, yes, a library job or volunteer position would be fun. EVery library needs volunteers. When I go to Texas I volunteer at Autumn's libraries. First time there she put me to washing books. Who knew that was a "thing"!? I shelve books, help with kids' activities, and one year I sewed curtains for the kids' area. And if a hospital is close to you, there's lot of volunteer positions. My mom volunteered at our high school library when I was in school. It worked into a paying job for her during school hours. We'll find you something!

LOIS - how fun to have all your old neighbors move with you! Maybe you need to plan a bunco night, or a happy hour/finger food party, or a BBQ and get together again.

SHARONA - your day was chock-a-block full! Past MY bedtime which somehow has worked its way to 9pm. Hope you have a quiet day today.

MARY Q - When is Eli's visit scheduled? I missed the dates. there is a small possibility that when the dust settles, A & A might move to WA. She said that he asked her a few months ago about moving. His aunt raised him and he's concerned about her being alone in PA, but then he mentioned we might be needing help in our dotage, too. Though then he met us and realized we're not quite there yet. But he's thinking about it and willing!! I love him already. However, both of their best friends live in Denver. Plus she has two aunts/uncles/cousins close to Denver. So, IF they move, our money is on the Denver area. But that's halfway home and I'll take it!

I've been concentrating on my Christmas/birthday shopping for my sisters and their DH's. Everyone gets 5 or 6 gifts, nearly all thrift shop finds. We have a lot of fun doing this. And I'm not about to miss the opportunity to get my packages back to Colorado postage free! I'm going to load up her RV when she visits in August. So today will be wrapping and boxing up. I have all my new and new-to-me fabrics washed and folded. Now to find a place to squish them into my stash. Still looking for my WOW. It's a Maywood fabric and on the selvage is says "206 Solitaire". It's like a hard to see dotted line meandering all over the fabric in about a 1" pattern. I think I'm going to need at least 2 more yards, but if I can find it, I'm getting 3. Between all the errands, shopping, and appointments this week, I haven't sewn a stitch for several days. Not sure I can get to the machine today either, but maybe . . . I'm starting to develop a twitch . . . :lol:

Everyone have a terrific Thursday!

Mary Z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 am

I've posted this in Projects from the Heart, too.

This forum has absolutely the most sweet and kind people!! A package was delivered to my DSIL's address on Tuesday. They brought it over yesterday. It was a Comfort Quilt, a "Quilty Hug" from El's Angels! It has been a tough few months between Dad going home to heaven and realizing that my parents are together, but I so miss seeing and hugging them. Then Garry's stroke and how best to deal with that unexpected turn in the road. I cherish the friendship of everyone here. Thank You all so much for your prayers and kindness. Garry will enjoy napping under all the love in this beautiful quilt.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:38 am

Good Morning girls

Looks like another beautiful MN day! going to get a little warm I think, but if my eyelids start to sweat then I'll know it's time to turn on the AC. Seems like just yesterday I hate the heat on!

Judi.... Hang in there... the end is in sight! Is your machine going to be okay? Fixable?

Diane.... How great have old friends move close by! At our age... we need all the friends we can get right? My BFF Michele, is thinking about moving to North Carolina... from CO... as housing is quite reasonable.

Izzy... So very sorry to hear you are still suffering from sciatica... any thing they can do for it? PT? Good to hear you DH is healing well though. Having seen how the bobbin works in a LA machine.. I feel your pain at resetting it! and after seeing Viv's machine.... I know I really don't want one after all :lol: :lol:

Velda.... SO glad you are going to go visit your DS and your Marine!!!! (or was it Army?) You probably have a lots of hugs planned for him... but give him a couple extra from us and thank him!

Becca... How far are you from Greenville, NC? That's where my friend was looking at houses. Compared to MN or CO.. these prices were amazing!

Lois.... Is there a Community Bulletin Board on Facebook for your area? You might be able to find a LA'er close to home, if you put a message out on that. I found a gal the lives about 1 mile down the road but just putting a question out there. Would sure save on postage as you know how heavy a finished quilt can get :lol: :lol:

Jana... What a beautiful view have to wake up! Sun rise over the mountains! Good news that you were able to get a temporary set up for your machine. Some folks just don't quite get the concept of how important our sewing machines are to us! In looking at places to move to (when the time is right) the requirement is room for sewing machine and fabric stash!

Maryz... Oh my wouldn't even Denver be perfect for a new location for A & A! Lots of places to park an RV I'm sure!! Eli will be here from June 18th to July 6th.. Mike Mom plans everything down to the last detail and there is NO way she will let any body change her plans. (she gets kind of pissy) SO the only way I'd get to spend more time with him, is if he stays a few extra days. I found a cheap flight to AK so now I'm just waiting for Jen to give me permission to keep him!

Lyn.... I agree... best group of quilty friends in the whole wide world.

As usual... I'm still in jammies, need to shower and run an errand.... going up to Joann just to pick up some embroider floss colors I'm out (imagine that). Then back home to spend the day with Mr. and Mrs. Maytag. The young man came and helped me move all my fabric to the garage.... So if I'm not home and you need something... that's where it is. He was such a sweet heart and worked so hard... I paid him and cash, coke and cookies! He said he loves doing that kind of stuff so I'm keeping his phone number handy! He will be a Jr in Highschool this fall, so I might get him hooked up with Brennen as they will go to same school

Better get going ! Need more coffee!

Return to “Sew ins”