Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thursday June 3rd.

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: thursday June 3rd.

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 am

Mary Q I did find 1 she's about an hour away a she has a separate address to mail your quilts and I don't think it will cost that much to mail it out my other quilter use to be in pa so at least this 1 is in the same state.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: thursday June 3rd.

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:39 pm

Good afternoon, I'm sure late to the party.

Jerry and I went to Costco yesterday, Spent just over $300.00. So glad that isn't a daily occurence. We mostly bought meat. We made a zillion hamburger patties and some one pound packages of hamburger. Today Jerry will cut up a tri tip into roast sized pieces for us. We can get a lot of meals out of a tri tip.

I also bought two rotisserie chickens. I deboned them today and got 5 packages in the freezer.. I also, because I love it, put the chicken skin in the air fryer and already had some on a salad. Oh my gosh, if you haven't had it yet just try it, you'll be hooked.

I am being very selective in finding a new job. Jerry and I discussed it and I might even retire. I'd really like to find something to keep me off of the streets so I am looking just not avidly looking. I get unemployment for a year so am not needing to touch my 401K. ONce I get my severance check that will come today and talk to my financial person I will know more. Right now the only issue I have is medical insurance and Jerry and I are researching that.

Maryz, I'm thrilled that Autumn is headed your way. Too bad you can't get her there quicker so you can spend more time with her. How about the train? Glad you found some treasures at the fabric sale. how fun.

Jana, I say put glitter on it and get your stinky on. you go girl.

Maryq, my last work day was May 25th. they called me to let me know that effective immediately my position had been, after 31 years 5 months and one day, terminated. And I have to say, I am not upset. I've been hating that job for a while now, so much has changed, even before Covid. I think they have just gotten too big. Sad, when I started there is was a great place to work.

Sharona, we went to Costco a day too late to see you there, drat. Glad DH got his shingles shot. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Lori, Paso is a great area to go quilt shopping. Before covid they had a shop hop in that area in July, maybe June? I hope they start that up again.https://quiltshopsofthecentralcoast.com/map-of-shops/

Diane, love the floating stars pattern, what colors are you going to use. HA HA, just kidding.

Izzy, you should write a book. Glad you and DH are on the mend.

Velda, happy travels home. and enjoy that Texas caviar, I googled the recipe, it looks wonderful.

Becca, hope your appointment goes well. Nice to have things trimmed and ready incase you get a shower your way. We are in triple digits and will be through the weekend. My plan was to strip the bed this morning but we had no hot water. I will strip it tomorrow and the sheets will likely dry before I get them hung on the line.

Lois, masks are kind of crazy here too. In my county we are in the safest tier yet some do and some do not wear masks. In the next county it's all about the mask. I'm hoping that soon there will be no need for any kind of mask.

Jana, just read that the boys redeemed themselves about your sewing area. I say put the bottle of glitter with in their sight so that it can be used at a moments notice.

Maryz, Hope you find your fabric. so difficult when they quit making something you really like. Nice to have the fabric all put away, hope A&A decide to move closer to you rather than further away. I'm a lifetime member of the Friends of the Library here. It would be good to get involved a little more. I'm also a lifetime member of the History Museum, and could volunteer there also. And a friend is into Alzheimer's and we are working an informational booth in Merced this evening, could be another thing for me to get into. I do think that our seniors, of which I am one, need to know more about resources. like the ins and outs of medicare, or what services are available to them. It would be a good thing just to be the person who knows how to help people do things like pick the right plan or budget or get free food if they need it, rides to appointments and such.

Anyway, I have fabric to iron, I can hear Jerry making something that requires an electric mixer. and I am waiting for a FedEx package that requires a signature. the package was 30 miles away over an hour ago I don't like waiting.

You all have a super duper day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”