Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday June 2,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday June 2,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:38 am

Good morning,

Today is nice and sunny we are going up in Temps.
After lunch will run a few errands then come back.
As far a fishing goes they got skunked but the time they spent together was great.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Re: Wednesday June 2,2021

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning 9ne and all!

I have officially had it with projects! Michael and Tim, our handyman added a project that needs to be done before the rest of the ceiling is finished. They are running electrical power out to the barn. The feed goes from the utility room, over my sewing area and out the wall of the house in that corner. So what did that all mean? I have to empty my bookcase which is in that corner and all those items are now on my island and desk area behind it. Totally putting me out of commission of any sewing! And if they don't get it run today, it will be Monday next week before Tim is back. He has a family reunion this weekend. Oh well, I tell myself, not much longer and it will be done.

So no sewing around here,. Stitch a seam for me!

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:24 am

Jana so sorry things are so Toppsy tervie right now but it will get better men have no idea sometimes 😕.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:04 am

Good morning, it's going to be a very hot day today.

Our triple digits that were supposed to end by the weekend have been extended through the weekend. I think we need a new weatherman, this one is not bringing the weather I want.

Lois, they got skunked as in sprayed by a skunk or they got skunked as in no fish? I hope it's the later.

Jana, ugh, remodeling is very frustrating. Thankfully the wait is short term and won't need to be redone in your lifetime. Hope he can finish it up today. If I were a stinky butt I would move my sewing machine to the train side of that room and sew something that left lots of threads everywhere. but neither of us is a stinky butt which means waiting for the project to be done

Velda, hope all goes well with the colonoscopy. I did notice you made two behind jokes in your post. Enjoy that grandson of yours, add a hug from me.

Tomorrow evening I help a friend run a Alzheimer's booth at a farmers market kind of event. Not sure what it all entails but I will be a helper.

I can see that sitting home isn't really for me. I need to get involved in something and volunteering might be up my alley. I'm applying for jobs near me but am going to be a bit selective. If I am going back to work I want to do something I want to do

Time for breakfast and to go play in my room for a bit. Hope you all have a fantasticly marvelous day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning!

JANA - sorry for the upheaval. It would have made sense to me for them to wait on this project until Tim comes back from his weekend. But oh well. You have to take into account that they are just men. They aren't like other people. :D

LOIS - on the bright side of the fishing trip - now you don't have to eat fish!! Big win there! :D

VELDA - I'm sorry, but I burst out laughing when you said you would be happy to have your colonoscopy behind you. That's where all the action is! And seriously, so glad to see you getting it done. They've simplified the prep now and the procedure is a snap - or rather a nap. And it's so important. I probably sound like someone who doesn't have a colonoscopy in their near future, huh, lol!

CHRISS - I'm glad you are being selective in what you want to do. It's sad to see someone spending their life at a job they hate. I'll say a prayer but I'm still working on the wording . . . Nice to have such a sweet memory of your family BBQ last weekend. And sorry your son is moving so far away. I hate having my kids living so far. Bill loves it because we go visit Autumn in winter (though to be honest the weather isn't much better in TX than it is here in winter). Lara is in Alexandria, VA and hot in summer and freezing in winter. He hasn't mentioned visiting her. :lol: BLOCK magazine is all about patterns using 5" squares (and 10", too). If you don't get that magazine, check some of her videos on U-tube.

SHERRY - I don't want to embarrass your grand-puppy but my grand-kitty is also named Ajax. :lol:

LYN - thank you. and yes, some fabric followed me home. Lots of fabric followed me home! It's all good quality and averaged about $5.50/yd. Who could resist! Though I didn't find the white I was looking for, I found plenty of other whites! So my hunt continues.

JUDI - you are halfway through your week of nanny-hood! How's it going?

SHARONA - Thank you for the glorious day! It really was. I hope yours was, too. I'll take another, please!

I found lots of wonderful fabrics yesterday - stocked up on whites, pinks, a few 30's, and two flannels for backings. Then I hit some thrift stores and found enough large pieces of good fabric to back 4 quilts plus 3 more smaller (~1-1/2 yd) pieces. That fabric averaged about $1.50 per yard. I'm swimming in fabric! It's good to be me. Half of it is washed and on the lines so I'll wash the rest of it today, fold, and try to cram it into my shelves. I might get my sew-along block done, too. It's cut out but been too busy to actually sew it.

I am so excited. I talked with Autumn the other day and she said that she and Antonio MIGHT come for a short visit in early August. As they only have 2 weeks (and then only if she can get away from her job) and will probably be driving 5,000 miles RT, she won't have many days here, but that's OK. She'll be HERE! She hasn't been home in at least 3 yrs.

Piece!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning I am late to the party...I took the errant teenager to school after much prodding and grumbling he was late also...Seems he is 15 and doesnt seem to think going to bed early is important..so had a hard time getting up. Hes a good kid but stubborn like his father, The other 2 are still sleeping but i will wake them shortly..I need to go to my house and see what is up thre...only 3 and a half more days...I feel deprived of my sewing even though I have hand sewing here..I need to call the spa and see how much it will cost for my other mchine repair...I miss that machine a llot it is my favorite I am hoping it is fixable////it just stopped sewing and after 20 years of continuos use I can only pray.It is a hqavarna Viking designer 2...they dont make them anymore...so please pray.
well time to get this show on the road/// hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO
PS/Jana my basement remodel is a series of "add on " projects....
Chris ken retired after 30 some years he lasted just over a year and decided retirement wasnt for him and job anothet job...Its not for everyone hope you find a new adventure.
Lois we are having rain today,,,hope your day turns out to be exactly what you needed.

Added....Just got off the phone with the spa and it is fiable and it will only cost me $225 which is great news ( we thought it would be more) thanks for the prayers if you had a chance to send one up...my baby will be good as new..... :D :D :D
Last edited by grammiequilts on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:24 am

Chriss - I can be a very good stinky butt - not just thread, but scraps and pieces of fabric all over! :) How about some glitter too - he hates beyond anything glitter!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 am

Good Morning

OH My Gosh.... where is everybody this morning! Here I thought I'd be the last one to show up! Being the one person that lays around in bed too long every morning! :lol:

Yesterday morning when I got up... I decided I couldn't take the messes any more so I cleaned up a bit... then oh gosh darn, I ended up in the sewing room and there it was just calling my name... my sweet Nomi sewing machine.. ... So I sewed a few stitches until it was time to change thread, then came back up to enjoy a few restful moments in a comfy chair on the deck.... It was such a beautiful day I thought I should be outside and soak up some Vitamin D. Oh and I washed a the downstairs windows while I was down there... so I do get some credit for "working" :lol: :lol:

Lois... bummer that your boys didn't catch any fish... IF they do catch something... is it edible or is it catch and release?

Jana... Isn't that the way it goes..... you can't do one project without 3 (at least) other things first. So sorry you will have to go through THAT mess.... I know you were looking forward to having the Batt Cave completely done!

Chriss.... So when is your last day of work? Or are you done already. I'm with you, as far as a new job... find something FUN... something you enjoy! I always thought I would volunteer at the library here in town... I love to rearrange books etc... But then covid hit and the library closed.. IF I ever find myself bored (not likely, since my UFO pile is still quite high & the kids will be here) I'd go there and just see if I could dust shelves.

Maryz.... Can't believe I beat you here this morning!! Ok now I see you've check in. Yeah for the trip to Tacoma!!! $5.50 a yard... OMG you can't do much better than that.... Send me a photo of the WOW you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes open. Who knows I may have it! Every time I go to the fabric warehouse, I look to see if they have some new WOW... Oh how wonderful that Autumn is coming for a visit!!! You don't suppose she'd every consider moving back to WA??? Once everything else is settled for her????

Judi.... You hanging in there with the kids? It's kind of making me re-think my offer to keep Eli here in MN for another week... on my own! :roll: :roll: You're 1/2 way there!!! Oh gosh.... I so hope you will be able to fix your machine... Some of those older models were just built so much better to begin with. Send all sorts of good thoughts that it can be fixed up and be good to go!

The darn gremlins got in my house again last night... so I better get going and undo all the damage they did. (ok so it's really me that makes all the messes.... I'll 'fess up) Time to grab more coffee and turn on the rockin' music!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

womster

Post by womster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:18 am

Good morning!

Lois – I’m glad they had fun fishing together. Hope your errands go well.

Jana – sorry your project keeps growing in scope. I can’t sew anything either, but for a different reason.

Chriss – thanks for the Amazon tip on the rolling stool – I will check it out once I’ve posted. Your Sonday dinner sounded idle. Sorry Richard and his wife are moving further away. I can see you doing both volunteer work and a job you love. I also noticed the ‘behind’ references in Vel’s post. Made me chuckle.

Maryz – that is wonderful news that A&A might be coming home! Wow that is a lot of driving. And then to score on all that fabric – woohoo! As Chriss would say – it is good to be you.

Judi – that is wonderful news about your machine – I am very pleased for you. I remember watching grandkids and getting them up for school – that’s when having a slobbering dog works for a back-up alarm clock. Hope all is well at your house and that Ken is taking good care of it and himself.

Maryq – your sewing room must have a very strong magnet that keeps pulling you in – and it was so nice of you to visit your Nomi. But you do get credit for cleaning. Are you locking all your doors and windows to keep those pesky gremlins out? Our library has reopened to almost normal, but hardly anyone is going there. Very sad – what would we do without libraries?!

We had a very busy day yesterday – Costco and doctor in the morning (DH got his first shingles shot). Home for a couple of hours, and then back on the road up to Denver to watch a grandson’s baseball game and then out to dinner with the family. It was SO good to see them in person, but holy smokes we didn’t get home until 9:30 at night. WAY past DH’s bedtime and too close to mine. HA - are we getting old or what. Thanks for the wedding wishes for my DGD. Today we stay home (YAY!) and I will get caught up on my uglies. Have yourselves a day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:37 am

Sharona, sounds like you need a day of rest after yesterday.

Chriss, I'm sure you'll find what suits you. I don't stay home much. I'm on the go doing things and going places. Last year was a bit hard, but I'm back at it this year. I never get bored.

Judi, hope they can fix your machine.

Maryz, how fun to have Autumn home for a few days. I know I love having my son here as much as possible. He's considering a job in CA so he can be closer to family.

Maryq, sitting outside on the patio is my favorite thing.

Jana, Sorry Mr. Fix it keeps finding things to upset your peace. Hopefully he'll find things in other parts of the house that won't affect you as much.

Lois, bummer. No fish. It's still fun to be outside enjoying each others company though.

I'm heading out on an adventure with the quilty friends tomorrow. We are headed up to Paseo Robles to some wineries, and we'll hit some quilt shop also. Leaving tomorrow morning and we'll get home Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to get away. I've got to pack today and get a few things ready.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”