Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 1,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday June 1,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday we went to our nephews house they had a party for there 2 year old son Austin it was a nice afternoon.

Today I'm free as a bird Bill and Billy went fishing and it's a nice day to be out there I don't know what I will get into today but I'm sure it might involve sewing.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday June 1,2021

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

I love it when it's nice enough in the mornings to be out on the deck with my coffee and quilty pals! Life can be very good! It's going to 82* today and tomorrow. Kind of a big deal here.

LOIS - I'm sure if you are at a loss of what kind of trouble to get into today, you will find many suggestions here! lol!

LORI - I'm wishing you some rain soon! Love your duckling story! Bill was first car in traffic stopped for a duckling family just the other day. He came home smiling.

SHARONA - congratulations to your granddaughter on her marriage, though it's too bad she couldn't call her mom herself. That kind of bites poor mom in the hiney. I didn't realize your machine was a the spa. I hope you get it back soon!

LYN - so sorry you lost your commission. I dreamed about that last night! lol! You found a lot of fun things at MSQC. I've seen those no-sew foam blocks. You may have to go back for fabric for those patterns. ;)

KATY - so sorry about your arthritis slowing you down. It's a "pither". But I get the idea that you feel about your gardening like I feel about my quilting - it's messes with my back and hips to spend a day at the cutting table or in the sewing chair, but I won't give it up. I chose my fabrics for my Broken Dishes, but haven't started cutting yet. I hope to get that block made today.

MARY Q - David's house sounds purrfect! Plenty of RV parking! ;) So, if Eli comes to visit, when would that be? While the other family is there? That would be fun. If you dont' have beds, kids love sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag!

JUDI - sorry, but I'm laughing at your security alarm story! What are you going to do today?

JANA - so did you get started on the laundry room? My laundry room is really just a niche in the family room with the W/D, hot water heater, and laundry tub hidden behind louvered doors. I do have a wallpaper border in there with cats rolling around in quilts. :D :D

DiANE - you are right - the words, Thank You, do fall short when telling vets and active duty and all their families how I feel.

Yesterday I did a litttle shopping at Michaels for frames that I will take back today. Bill found better ones on-line. Then, just to see, I swept through the Goodwill again and found some more deals. My sisters and I have a deal - we exchange 5 small gifts each at Christmas, but they are all usually from thrift shops and funny. So - I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping! lol! Plus, I found two long lengths of quilt shop quality fabric. It's usually $1-$2 per yard. And that reminds me that the Train's LQS in Tacoma starts their week long semi-annual 40% off sale today! I was going in there anyway to see if I could find more of the white that I'm running short of for my Star Bright and then I realized the sale starts today. Lucky me! I will be there when the door opens because WOW goes FAST. So you know where I'll be if you need me! I will probably stop by Tacoma Goodwill, too, to finish out my Christmas and birthday shopping for my sisters. My older sis is coming in their RV in August and she can take it all back to CO for me and keep the Post Office from getting all my money! Hence, the "Christmas Rush".

Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone!
mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:03 am

Good morning Lois, MaryZ and all below.

Lois, hope there's fish for supper, if they keep them.

I did a little shopping yesterday, from my dinner room chair. Need a new iron and saw Missouri Star had it, but the color I wanted had to be ordered. El had the ruler I need for a pattern I bought Saturday. And there was info on Facebook about a product for making applique circles, ordered a double sets and DSIL will get one.

Back to DH's treatments today. I need to get in the mood to do something in those 3 hours, while I sit with Minnie.

Prayers for all here.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:07 am

Good orning Lois..a free day I look forward to one of those...I got up at 530 to make sure everything was in order for today I got Nolan up scrambled him some eggs and prepared his lunch for school. we got to school in plenty of time with no traffic to worrry about. it is a 15 minute drive.
We had a nice BBq yesterday with 2 of my 4 kids and family. It was kind of last minute but we enjoyed DDs patio and ate outside.
Today I will tidy up around here and hopefully get the kids to clean their rooms. Sophias is the worst...Liam s inst bad he makes his bed in the morning anyway. I wil do laundry tomorrow...I actually need to go to my house and get some clothes...Might see if Ken needs work clothes too/
Well I will be behind in my sew in blocks this week since I have no time to make them but they are easy so I dont think this will be a problem. Hope you all are having a great day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:13 am

MaryZ, I did order a charm pack for the quilt block wall art, when I ordered the Iron. Hope you find your fabric and some new that will follow you home.

Judi, I envy you with your Gkids. A Facebook memory came up today, with a picture of our Gkids from 2018. Last time they went to Canada with us. Miss 'em.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning!

It will be a busy day here. I have washed the carpet as far as I am going with the construction. Michael has a work call, using my camera on the computer and Ethan and I are going out to lunch. All while my handyman is here working . It is beautiful outside too!

So my sewing is interrupted for today. I haven't started my laundry room yet. But the first thing is to get out the long level and determine the height of the wainscoting. After that, it's not much paper to hang. I am still waiting for a few cute decorations to arrive, most likely today.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today except to mow the lawn if I get the ambition. Yesterday Doug brought over his new puppy to meet Smoke. They got along great and played inside and out for about 4 hours. Needless to say Smoke is exhausted today. The new puppy's name is Ajax after a Marvel Comics character. He is so sweet and he loves Grandma.

Hope everyone had a good and safe Memorial Day weekend. I do hope we all stopped for a bit to remember the sacrifices our veterans have made.

Well, better go get some breakfast. Have a good day.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:36 am

Good hot morning, but it's a dry heat.

Woke up to 73 degrees at 5:30 this morning, supposed to get to 103 for the rest of the week. at 10 pm it's still in the 90 degree range, it just doesn't cool down.

Spent most of yesterday straightening up my sewing room. I had some fabric that I bought at a sale that I had washed and am in the process of ironing and putting away. I have a boatload of 5 inch squares. I am thinking of separating them into a light pile and a dark pile so I can just sew them together.

I have so much fabric and so many things I want to make I am a little overwhelmed. need to tackle it one at a time.

Lois, a whole day all to yourself. Sure wish you lived closer we could get into all kinds of mischief.

Maryz, happy thrift shopping and wow hunting, it will be a fun day for you. Nope, don't miss my commute. but love the commute to go play in my sewing room. Our temps will be 20 degrees hotter than you are today, no moisture here, yuck

Lyn, love shopping from my chair. it's my favorite. you ordered some fun things.

Judi, girls always have the messiest rooms. What an exciting morning you had with the alarm and cops. Funny how the kids slept right through it.

Jana, I bet Ethan loves getting a date with his grandma. Where will you go to lunch? Marilyn loved Denny's when she was littler, she wanted the mac N cheese. As she got older she loved Applebees and Black Bear Diner.

Flo, two weeks till the kids move? dang it seems like it's been a long time coming. thrilled for all of you that you will have your own space.

Lori, cute duck story, I would tease the officer too.

Maryq, you are brilliant, Hope Jen agrees with your idea to take Eli to AK. Nice that you found kids who will work for cookies. I would work for cookies if I lived closer, it would be fun. sure would be nice if David's house would work for your kids. sure would be convenient.

Katy, everything is crazy expensive now. Glad I have a fabric stash to play in. Happy gardening.

Sharona, have you seen those stools on wheels for gardening? check out Amazon, they are pretty cool and you can scoot along. Hope your granddaughter enjoys married life. and thanks, I will have a glorious day.

Had a great day at my son's on Sunday, or as he says it SONday. they had leftover bbq from a feed they had the previous evening, I made a green salad and bought a potato salad that I added onion and celery to. Jerry made sponge cake and we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. My DIL and I walked down the driveway and back so we could make room for the strawberries. My parents ( dad and stepmom) were also there. Wish I could do that again.

My son and DIL (Richard and Gloria) will be putting their house up for sale and moving about 2 1/2 hours from me. Rich has two of his three jobs winding down with the end of the school year and will will just have the college ag teaching job left which is the reason for the move.

I am going to go have some breakfast and play in my room. Hope you all have a wonderfully fantastic day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 am

Good afternoon. I was here this morning, but everyone must have been still asleep. Had early Dr appt. Consultation with new Dr to schedule routine colonoscopy. Will be glad to have that behind me. Scheduled for next week. Then scheduled hair cut for Thursday. Going to see Grandson who is home on leave on Friday. Saturday have to do Covid Test prior to this colonoscopy. Gosh, one thing after another. Busy busy, busy!
If I get behind on sew along, I can catch up. I like the block they chose for us this week.
Time to get lunch now, so I will get going for now. Have a nice afternoon.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”