Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 30,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday May 30,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning ,
Today is an in day here it is still raining and will be doing so all day.
Yesterday I didn't do anything just didn't feel like so I had a lazy day.
Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday May 30,2021

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 30, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning,

We are 58* at 0500 this morning, Going to be a beautiful day! We're having a spaghetti party here. The house is cleaned, the meatballs are made and pre-cooked. and the dining table is extended and set. Just have to make my sauce and get it into the crockpot, toss a salad, wash some strawberries, and set up outdoor snack table for happy hour around the firepit. Dessert will be apple pie out on the deck.

MARY Q - How can you drink that much coffee?? I love my first cup in the morning. The second cup goes much slower and I'm done for the day. The acid gets my stomach. But, oooh, that first cup. Mmmmm.... I really love how Tom and Viv are such good friends with you. If I told you about the three sets of in-laws MY kids have, you would shudder. I hope David finds the job of his dreams. Is he looking in Anchorage? I have two nephews who live in/near Wasilla and work in Anchorage. One for Verizon and not sure what the other one does. They are almost ready for retirement.

VAL - good to hear your DGS is doing well. You've been taking care of everybody for so long. Typical nurse. I'm glad you have your Vegas trip to look forward to.

CHRISS - Enjoy your family day today. We'd have such fun on a shopping trip together! Come pick me up anytime! There was a show on a few years back that I think was called White Collar based on It Takes a Thief. Comedy/drama. Is that your show? We loved watching Live PD, but they yanked it off the air pretty suddenly last summer amid all the rioting. So now we're hooked on Great British Baking Show.

SHARONA - wow! Your sister is amazing! Talk about nurses being the caretakers! Her plate is full beyond full. So lucky to have you to vent to. Prayers for her!

SUZETTE - hooray for the upstairs project!

JUDI - how goes the battle at DD's house? Will you and the kids be at your house for the weekend?

JANA - will be so nice to have that ceiling project finished! Is the only way to get into the basement thru the house and down the stairs? I think I'd wait until all the construction projects are finished before doing that carpet. Window washing. Ugh! It was easier to get new windows! lol! There is a Windex product that hooks to the hose for outdoor window washing. You just spray them. It's ain't purrfect, and I haven't tried it, but I've been told results are "fair to good".

LYN - I hope you are taking the motorhome to Hamilton because I'm not sure you can do it all in one day. And they do have a little RV park there. We never stayed there but did a one day visit at MSQC about 5 yrs ago and it was amazing then. Since that time, many renovations have happened and about 4 new stores added. One day I'll be going back!

LOIS - Sometimes we just need a lazy day to recharge. Rainy days are good for that. I checked out your TR pattern. Intriguing. What colors/fabrics are you planning to use?

I am going to run a lot short of my background fabric for Star Bright and was thinking maybe I could find it at Trains- the LQS that has the 40% sale 2x/yr. I figured I'd go to Tacoma next week and check. And then I got an e-mail this morning saying their big week-long June sale starts Tuesday! And I a lucky duck or what?? I doubt I'll be able to find the WOW I need, but maybe . . . . especially if I get there when the door opens on Tuesday. I know I'll find a lot of other good stuff, anyway. I always do.

Enjoy all the BBQ's and parties this weekend, but remember the reason for the day - We are, after all, the home of the BRAVE. God bless their souls. Amen.

Mary Z
>^+^<

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 30, 2021 6:28 am

Hello everyone Was here early no one had started
Thank you to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and to those who are serving & have served our Country to keep us free

Yesterday after laundry doing meds & taking my walk I was lazy too After the week I had I figured I needed to chill
Lois Enjoy your day I too had a rather quiet afternoon
Valerie So glad your GS is doing well Your plate is full already
Velda Congrats to your GS & GD They are courageous Tell them thank you fr me
Maryz Enjoy your dinner guests
Chris I don’t like malls either I used to do yard sales and Estate but not anymore
Glad you had a nice time with your Dad & SMom
Sharona Your Sister has a plate running over I don’t like upheavals either I like things calm too
After Church I hope it’s a peaceful calm day here
Have a blessed day to all & prayers for those in need. Becca

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun May 30, 2021 6:57 am

Good morning all! Got the flowers all to the cemeteries yesterday. Today is going to be a sports day while I do my cross stitch. First the Indy 500 and then the NASCAR Coca Cola 600 races. I have gotten to go to the Indy 500 twice. My son Rob took me. It was one of the things on my Bucket List so now it is checked off. It was so different in person especially the 300,000 people plus.

The weather here is cool but so sunny. By the end of the week back up in the 90's. Weather is so fickle this time of year.

Please remember all of the men and women who died for our country so we could be free. That is the reason for this weekend not just party time.

Maryz - Hope your party is fun and happy. The menu sounds great. Wish I lived closer. Hope you find the fabric you need. I have to use up alot of my fabric before I buy any more.

Lois - Sometimes we all need a lazy day. I seem to take more than I should.

Val - So glad your grandson is doing well. Am praying for him.

So glad Kathy is out of the hospital and doing better. Also keeping Cindy and Don in my prayers. Sorry he is getting so bad. So sorry they are selling their camping things. I know how much they love to go camping.

Well, better go get some breakfast before the race starts at noon. I love the races but don't want any major crashes where someone gets hurt. Have a good Memorial Day everyone and stay safe.

Sherry

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 am

Good morning...I was up early had my coffee and did a load of laundry. DDs house always has laundry... I cannot stand dirty clothes sitting in a basket when the washer does all the work. I dont mind folding and putting away...just like it done..She takes after her dad...if you still have clean underwear dont worry about it. Last night was interesting...Nolan had 4 buddies over to play poker....they are loud and funny. 15 year olds are cool. Sophia and I played UNo and Yatzee. And Liam after ridong his dirt bike all day with the neighbors fell asleep early and my evening ended at 1130 when the boys had tp be home..Nolan went to his friends house to stay the night. DD put a tracker on my phone I can look and see where the boys are at any given time...so all was well. Doggies are fine but Pepper hasnt warmed up to me yet,,,but my buddy grizzy is always near...
Well I hear the dryer buzzing...We will stay here today I am doing fried chicken baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Ken will be here as soon as he gets the floor painted in the storage room..He has been working on that storgae roon all week...we have 2 and the second one which has been used all these years just needs paint and throw away junk ( good luck to me with .that) have a wonderful blessed sunday XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 30, 2021 7:04 am

Happy Sunday morning everyone.

Temps heating up here starting today. We will get into the 80's today and likely 90's by Tuesday. UGH! My least favorite weather. I will take rain and fog over this anyday. I love to listen to the rain!

Was able to get Dad's haircut yesterday. He is now happy. I guess with all his years in the military and hair restrictions, he just can't manage his hair being longer. She was able to cut it in the wheelchair which was a big help. Next stop foot doctor on Tuesday.

Lois we are all entitled to a lazy day every now and again. Glad you were able to take one.
Maryz that spaghetti party sure sounds like fun and good food! I am a one cup coffee person too. Sometimes 2 but acid not my friend either. If I forget my pill, oh my!
Chriss check you PM, and have a great time at your family get together. Wish I had family close enough to do that with.

Well I hear Dad stirring, kinda early so I better go check.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 30, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning!

Not much in the way of new here. Church in a little while. I am being lazy and didn't curl my hair up in old fashioned rollers last night, so will wear it down long and straight for church

Stu worked yesterday and got the front yard sprinklers all rehab - ed. They are running well now. The side yards and back ones need parts and the sprinkler stores were closed until Tuesday. Aaron is taking Stu out on a ride along today. It will be a eye opener for Stu and will help as Stu wants to work at the same job as Aaron. Those two get along very well. There's not a lot of age difference between them, even though they are uncle/nephew, they are more like brothers now.

Today is a rest day, church and then veg! The last section of carpet still awaits me. I cleaned the stove instead yesterday. It needed it. Even ran the oven self clean cycle!

Yes, my stairs are right in the middle of the house, you can come in the front door, and walk about 10 feet and go downstairs or the garage door, through my laundry room, turn and you are at the stairs. So this is the main traffic flow in the whole house. We use the laundry room entrance the majority of the time. Guests use the front door.

We are a blessed nation. Those who served and gave their lives, did so for us, our freedoms and way of life and liberty. Those sacrifices must always be remembered and honored. They who died gave the greatest sacrifice.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 30, 2021 11:52 am

Didn't drive the Motorhome to Hamilton, only our Jeep. DSIL and hubby had to get back to their fur babies. The shops weren't crowded and seemed a little thin on fabric, not all shelves were full. Did pick up a few things. Men hung out in the men's lounge part of the time. I told a few ladies working there that they need an RV parking area. I would have stopped 2 years ago, but when I pulled into town, I quickly realized there was no place to park almost 70' of vehicles. I turned left, before downtown, and got back on the highway.

I'm doing a mostly nothing day, today too. First day, in a long time, that we didn't have to be somewhere and I could sleep in. Do have some dishes to wash and maybe a load of laundry.

MaryQ, what's David going to do with his house? Would it be a good fit for you? Your family could play musical chairs, only with houses.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”