Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday May 29,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday May 29,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 29, 2021 5:10 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Well today is going to be a damp and chilly day I will straighten up and put the last border on the tshirt quilt .
Yesterday I received a new pattern from my sister Dolores it's a table runner called braided twist but before I start this I will be reading these directions and getting some interfacing and going through stash to find some practice fabric.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Saturday May 29,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 am

Good morning I am packing to go to the kids house for 8 days..I will take some hand sewing and my computer...Kids are pretty self sufficient so I just need to take care of the dogs, drive Nolan to school in the morning and make sure chores are done. Other grampa will bring him home in the afternoon. cooking is an issue due to the picky eaters but they will have to addapt/
When I get home I need to finish the baby quilt borders and quilting. i fugure I will have to come home about wednesday and do laindry here and make sure Ken has lunch stuff for the week/// running 2 households will be a pain...but I have done it before...hope you all have a nice memorial weekend and remember all those that made it possible...XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 29, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning,

After a couple of lazy days here, today is going to be a busy flurry. Going to have 2 couples for supper tomorrow so it's grocery shopping, vacuuming, some yard work, some kitchen work (mop, clean fridge, make meatballs, etc), and more. Glad to be busy again!

I see KATHY is out of the hospital and gone to rehab. She has had such a long haul. Offering up prayers for her. Hopefully she is truly on the road to recovery now. CINDY & DON are camping this weekend - their last camping trip before they sell their truck, trailer, and boat. She said he is getting weaker and unable to help pack, so her kids came to set up the trailer and load in the groceries, ice chest, etc. It's a very bittersweet trip for her. Cindy is still working full-time because Don can lo longer work at all. She said they both appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, and good vibes sent their way.

LORI - Hugs to you! Insert heart imogee here!

MARY Q - You have been a whirlwind this past month! Whatever you don't get done, remember you will soon have several pairs of strong arms moving in to help you! I would concentrate on getting those kits ready! What a great idea that is! Another great idea is them buying your house and you moving to a town house. If you want that to work out, I will pray for it. I learned when I prayed for Chriss to have more sewing time, not to just pray willy nilly. From now on, I'm going to be more careful what I pray for! :lol: Did David get the job in AK?

SHERRY - sounds like our weather of the last few days has finally made it's way to you. Sorry. I was trying to send it further south to Tina in NM!

VELDA - congratulations on your newest Marine! You must be so proud! Please give them my most heartfelt thanks. With so many awful things headlining the news these days, I needed to hear of someone doing something to help strengthen our country! God bless her and your grandson and all our military and law enforcement! By the way, Supper Club is back!

CHRISS - A bummer about your newest fire. People can be so careless. I'm always amazed at all the cigarette butts I see along the road when I walk. Even Vicki tosses her 'butts out and it's a real concern to us when it's dry here. And no, because of Covid, nothing has been done with/for her. She's been very quiet lately. Have fun at the Mall. Sorry, I can't go - I'm so not a mall person. Except for losing 90 precious minutes of my life in the phone store last February, sitting on little back-breaking cubes, waiting for help, I haven't been to our mall in years. But you mention thrift shop, and I'm there! I'm such a scrounge! lol! I also like supper leftovers for breakfast. And breakfast for supper. I'm a confusing person. Have fun at dinner with the parents. You will never regret the time spent with them.

SHARONA - I'm sorry your wide-back didn't arrive. I'm still waiting on my iron that I ordered in April. April of 2020! I hope you find what you need somewhere else. Glad you liked the recipe. It's so versatile. You can add/subtract whatever you want. I tried another new recipe yesterday that I found in my old Betty Crocker cookbook - Taco Casserole bread. It turned out pretty good, though to me the flavor is more cheese enchilada-y than taco-y. I love periwinkle. I planted 3 1-gal containers of it years ago. It's a great ground cover all over my yard now.

JUDI - thanks for getting an update on Kathy. I pray she is recovering quickly. You are off to sit with the youngin's today and stay for the week. Will be great to see what progress is made on your basement while you are gone. Hope your week goes well! I found when feeding our grands that they ate better for me than they did for their parents. Though their mom (my DD#!) was the pickiest eater of them all! And still is.

LOIS - tell Delores hi from me! We miss her. That TR pattern sounds intriguing. Does it take a special ruler? Smart idea to practice it first.

I'm off to get coffee, shower, and hit the day running.

Memorial Day - remember the "reason for the season" - all of those who gave all. For us.

Mary Z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 am

Mary the pattern came with a special ruler
It comes from Phillips fiber arts.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 29, 2021 5:54 am

LOIS- thanks! I Googled that pattern. It's pretty! What colors/fabrics do you plan to use?

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat May 29, 2021 6:42 am

I just noticed that this thread is number 6,000 in Sew In. Wow.

Thanks for the updates on people. Prayers for all.

Garry's little sister and her hubby are coming over and we're driving to Hamilton, to check out Missouri Star.

Remembering the real reason we have this long weekend. Thanks to all who served!
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat May 29, 2021 7:42 am

Good Morning Girls

Another cool morning here, but it's PERFECT and I LOVE days like this... Might even be a good window washing day... a few more cups of coffee and I might just do a few. Might even be safe now to plant my tomatoes ( it was 36* yesterday morning)

Lois... I had to google that pattern too! Is it the round one with the special ruler/template? Looks like a bit of a challenge... good idea to practice first!

Judi.... My goodness you have a busy week ahead of you. I had picky eaters too, (can't blame them, as I am a bit picky myself) but we would often have DIY nights... especially during the summer. And of course there was pizza delivery. But the best part of it for you now... is the great memories your DGK will have of the time you spent with them... they will have stories to tell their children!

Maryz... So sorry to hear the news of Don and Cindy. I think of them so often and will send extra prayers for them. Oh Yes... I have quite a list for my "guests" to help with when they get here! Thought Kris and the kids will be spending quite a bit of time down at Tom and Viv's.... Brennen is so looking forward to going fishing with his Grampa! And you're right.... be careful what you pray for!
David did get a job offer, but he's not sure he'll accept it... It's not exactly what he wants to do, and there seems to be lots of jobs out there.

Lyn... OMG you get to go to Hamilton!!!! I am SO envious.... in a good way... and so happy for you! Viv and I were going to take a drive down there last year, but of course didn't make it. Maybe next year. I did meet Jenny at the Houston show and she is a sweetheart. I hope you get to meet her too. I have met Eleanor too and that was quite a treat... I have an El Autographed back pack.

Good to hear Kathy is out of hospital... and hopefully she will have a short stay at rehab.... I bet she is so anxious to feel better and go back home!

Still in jammies, here and I need more coffee. I brought home David's Keurig coffee maker and I've been hitting that little button to make a cup about every 15 minutes :lol: :lol: Guess I better just make a whole darn pot in my regular coffee maker. Lots to do today and I'll need lots of caffeine to accomplish it!

In loving memory ... of all our fallen

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 am

Good morning!

Well, it looks tobe a beautiful day here. Our temps have warmed up nicely. No rain in the forecast, but I have a sure way to make it rain, wash windows! I am going to call on Monday, a company to come and do my very dirty windows. And if they are not to bad, price wise, they will come again, maybe in six weeks, and so forth, until the snow flies. My house is a single story, but because of the slope toward the back, the windows there, are at a second story height and no way can I do a ladder and Michael shouldn't either. I earned my window washing merit badge long ago, time for others to practice on my house! LOL!

Stu will be working for us for a time, between school. We have trees coming and need to remove some sod in that area to plant them,, and fix and maintain some sprinklers. Before Stu served his mission, he worked for a landscape company doing things like this.

My ceiling hit a snag of electrical work yesterday. But that got all done, so the ceiling will be worked on again, starting Tuesday. Over my sewing area, I had temporary clamp lights, but now will have bright LED lights, permanently attached to the ceiling. So nice!

One last section of carpet washing to do. But it is a big pain - the stairs to the Batt Cave! I have a plan in mind for those. They may need to be redone, rats, when the Batt Cave construction is done. There is no place to store some of the ceiling materials except in the garage. Oh, well. And you know how dust is, travels very well!

I did get some sewing time in yesterday. Hopefully more today. I can now use my ironing station and machine and not be in the way. Oh the trouble I can get into shortly, when we are done!

Well, sorry about the book, stay safe in all you do, prayers and hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 29, 2021 7:48 am

Happy Saturday to all, have been trying to catch up reading what is happening. Lots to hear about. Glad Kathy is back in rehab and hoping they can get her going again.

Finished DS camo quilt. I will post in pictures after I am done here. It has gone to the quilter. Found some manly fabric at the LQS. It is called City Lights. Going to make a version of TATW for DH. Will take the other quilt off the bed and put the new one on when it's done. Making some progress with my sew along blocks but it is slow going. I don't have the Egg Money book so trying to find some online patterns. Some of those are not working out so good.

DGS (Andrew) is doing good with his Mom. While it is quiet here, we do miss him. I am just getting too old though to take care of everybody. DH will bring up his furniture next weekend. Didn't want to tackle the holiday weekend traffic.

Dad has a hair cut appt today. Tuesday to the podiatrist and Friday back to the eye doctor. Busy week for him. (well and me too)

Leaving for Las Vegas June 20 and will return June 26. Looking forward to getting away. DH didn't look at the calendar and scheduled his time off for Father's Day so will miss Fathers day but will do something on Saturday. My friend is going with me.

Prayers for all those in need. Time for me to go water the garden. If it would warm up a bit the tomatoes might grow. Went out earlier to water and it was just too cold!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:20 am

Hello everyone.
We are overcast and cool here. Tomorrow is supposed to be like November temps. I have finished the machine work on the braid quilt. It is now an upstairs project. I just ate a little bit of lunch and am getting ready to start sewing the binding to the back. Not much else going on here. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”