Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday May 29,2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Saturday May 29,2021

Post by womster » Sat May 29, 2021 8:39 am

Good morning - just a drive-by as I need to get out and prune before the rains come.

My third sister, Sue, called yesterday - she had four grandkids under four so we met at the park down the road from me. The kids got a chance to wear themselves out so they slept the 2.5 hour drive back to her house. She's the nurse at the prison, and is working 100 hour weeks now because they are so short-handed. Lots of drama in her house - her 18 yo daughter, Elizabeth, got married to her baby's dad at the courthouse - long story there. Her next oldest daughter (who is really her granddaughter but her oldest stepdaughter abandoned the oldest three out of seven kids and Sue adopted the oldest two [the third one went with his dad]) was supposed to get married in August but her cheating slime-ball of a fiance finally fessed up to running around on her the entire time they've been together (since high school - four years) and broke off the engagement. She's been living at his mom's house because he thinks he's going to be a golf pro. They have two kids together. Long story short - she's beginning to realize her whole life as she's known it has been obliterated and now she needs a car/job/place to live/daycare etc. And then, Sue's youngest daughter, Mary, was trying to save the life of a sheep that was caught in a fence, and when she lifted the sheep off, she ruptured a disk. Poor Mary is will be a senior in the fall and is facing back surgery. LOTS more drama (Sue has 8 kids in total) but those were the 'high' points.

Reads like a soap opera, doesn't it!? My sister Sue has one of the biggest and kindest hearts I've ever seen. She thrives on chaos, whereas I need structure. She's the only one in her house who works - her DH is on disability. I could go on and on but I think a picture has been painted. I love her dearly and I worry that she's going to work herself to death. She's going to be 58 in October. So that's been my life this past week! Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm so sad for Don and Cindy. I hope this camping trip is their best ever. And prayers for Kathy, Mary/Rose, Lyn's husband, and all of us!! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday May 29,2021

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Good evening my friends, what a wonderful day it's been today.

Jerry and I went to a farmers market. Tomorrow we go to my son's for lunch. Our job is to bring a green salad and strawberry shortcake. My parents will be there as well.

I picked the lettuce and onions today and will assemble the salad tomorrow. Jerry made the shortcake and sliced the strawberries. and we will be ready to roll.

Lois, I googled that table runner. it's pretty cool. Can't believe how quickly you have gotten through that t shirt quilt, bet it's beautiful.

Judi, ugh, picky eaters, Marilyn was quite picky. She used to say, Vegetables, poison to the body. those 8 days will go by quickly. You will be home before you know it.

Maryz, like you I am unimpressed with malls and thrilled with thrift stores and estate / yard sales. Glad Vicky is laying low. Dinner with my parents was fun, I went completely off diet and had peach cobbler for dessert. it was heavenly. Today I am back on track.

Lyn, hope all is well there, enjoy your time with SIL.

Maryq, not sure I would ever use a Kerig coffee maker. I did like using a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. Bet you can't wait to get your lip prints on those grandkids of yours. My grandma used to say, What did the monkey say when he got his tail caught in the lawn mower? answer, It won't be long now.

Jana, what a busy time you have had lately. it will be good when all is done at your house. Nice to have Stu planting the trees, he is a big help

Valerie, Glad Andrew is doing well. Enjoy your trip to Vegas. I lvoe your camo quilt, it is so cool. What is a TATW?

Sharona, WOW!!! Your sister sure has her hands full. I just don't think I would do well in her shoes. She is blessed to have you to talk with.

Jerry and I are binge watching a tv show called White Collar. If you get a chance check it out, it's pretty good.

And that's it for me, you all have a good night,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”