Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday May 28,2021

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: Friday May 28,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:41 am

Good Morning everyone! Today is a bit gloomy and damp, but the rest of the weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so I know the campground here will be full. Also they have 11 cabins that they will have full, too.
Again, I don’t have much going on in the sewing department. Seems all we get done is go to doctor appointments for this and that, dentist, hearing, eyes, enough is enough!
Lois, I used to love gardening, and love reading about all the plants and such that you ladies are planting. I too always loved reading the posts on the “Supper Club”. If they are deciding to drop this feature, I hope those ladies will come here and tell us about their supper plans. Sometimes I get some great ideas from reading their posts.
Suzette have you posted a picture of your quilt? I love seeing deer also, but when they eat away on people’s gardens, it’s not so good.
Judi, what a fun day shopping with DGD. So now another new project for making baby quilt. How fun! Hope you enjoy your week with the kids.
Diane, I admire you for all your QOV. The pattern you plan to use sounds beautiful. Sorry for two appliances giving up the ghost both on the same day. I hope, too, that it is not a sign. Try not to be superstitious.
Becca, you sound so busy with your cleaning and trimming shrubs. Hope all is well with you.
Flo, glad you are loving your new glasses. Bet you will be glad to get the kids moved.
Jana, I forgot what SSDD stands for. Refresh our memories. Hope you get your sewing room up and running soon. It’s been a long job getting it all finished. You really do have patience.
Maryz, sorry your Star Bright pattern is giving you fits. Too bad the pattern wasn’t proof-read before printing. That makes it pretty darn hard to follow. Also I have heard of people buying kits and then find that they were way to skimpy on the fabric and people run short of one fabric or another. It’s just not right!
I decided to pull out the lap top this morning to type my post. When I read and post from my phone, I feel so limited. I end up not replying to one or another simply because I don’t remember the details. So much easier on the lap top.
Well, we got some great news yesterday, our granddaughter announced that she has enlisted with the Marines. So now she and her brother will be serving at the same time. And for Grandpa, well he is so proud: All three sons joined and followed his footsteps, now grandson and granddaughter are following too. First lady Marine for the Reed family!! We are so proud of her.
She won’t leave until December 13th. However she said it might be sooner. I don’t know what would change that, but December 13th is the date they set her entry for.
Well, that’s it here for me. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Hi, Chriss and Sharona, I was typing and missed reading your posts.
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 am

Good morning all! Very dreary day here all day. Has been raining and will be raining all day. We need the rain though. Not nearly as rainy as our usual Springs. Good day to stay in and finish my cross stitch piece so I can get started on my Southern Antebellum piece. Sorry "woke people" it is my choice of what I stitch.

I think I am making a bit of headway on my sorting of files. Was supposed to go to the cemeteries this morning with my son Doug to put flowers on the graves. With this very bad wet weather that is out. Will try and go tomorrow.

I actually had to turn on the furnace this morning because it was only 68 in the house. The outdoor temperature is only 49 hopefully getting up to 55 this afternoon.

Well better go get some breakfast for us. Will try to watch Cubs game this afternoon but it will probably be rained out also. Have a good and safe day everyone.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Friday Indeed! The sun is shining but it's still cold and the furnace kicks in when needed. Only 41* out this morning.... this is why we don't plant tomato plants until Memorial Day! Always a chance of frost one more time.. BUT I do have to go at least get my plants today... as I'm sure the green house will be super busy over the weekend.

So many of you wide awake this morning! And here's me, with my first cup of coffee, already behind! Need to run errands to town this morning..... Take a couple boxes of stuff for Jen and David & Eli to the post office... stop by David's house for one more load of stuff out of the garage, stop at the green house to get my tomatoes and cuke plants. By the time I get all that done it will be time for a nap! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.... too much to do to take a nap! I actually got stuff moved around in my garage yesterday so I can my car in.... Still some stuff to move to the shed, so I can get all my fabric out to the garage.... temporarily I'll have a little LQS in my garage while my Canadian family stays here ( and then they won't be Canadians any more YEAH!!!) They have talked about buying my house and moving me to a town house some where... so we will see how that goes.

Anyway,... while I wish I could stay and chat with you all... I better get in gear. One of my other weekend projects is to get in some sewing time. I'm also trying to line of projects and get things set up for when the kids move in so that I can still spend a lot of time sewing. Like make myself some little "kits" to work on. I have 2 applique projects I want to start soon!

So I wish you all a great holiday weekend... let us all remember why we celebrate this weekend ... To honor our men and women in service to our country that did not return home.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 28, 2021 7:17 pm

I received a beautiful quilt today from El's Angels. Thank you so much. You all are so dear to me. I don't know what I would do without my quilty friends. Love you all.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”