Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs May 27th

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Thurs May 27th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 27, 2021 11:09 am

A surprise today, no school at all! So summer break has started.
Maryq, I'm supposed to still have the kids tomorrow because Holly has to have an in service day and is moving to a new room in her school. They are just finishing up the building of all the additions and asked her if she'd like one of the brand new bigger rooms and she said yes. She's starting her 10th year of teaching this year. Our school year usually starts after the first week of August and ends about the 3rd week of May but with covid there's some loophole thing about how many days kids and teachers are there and stuff that if they didn't extend for at least 10 days then each district would lose a lot of money. I know Cruces voted no way and they lost a few million dollars in funding. I don't know how much we would've lost but we're a little town with not much money and no way to make that up.
Oh and yes, I'm thinking of starting the Christmas swap next month. 😊
The kids all helped us clean our backyard, it looks really nice and only took an hour with all 5 of us working. I also got everything watered out there. After lunch and a movie maybe we'll water the front yard, it's already clean LOL
Lunch time here.
Tina

auntjana

Re: Thurs May 27th

Post by auntjana » Thu May 27, 2021 11:39 am

Today's great room section is done! When it's dry - tomorrow, I will push the furniture over that area and do the next section.

Other good news is that Matt's echocardiogram showed remarkable improvement, showing his heart is healing from the Covid he had. It has been a long rough road to this point.

Return to “Sew ins”