Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs May 27th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thurs May 27th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 27, 2021 4:00 am

Good morning it is sunny and bright here...The sun comes up before I do these days.
Quilt guild was fun last night only 12 people showed up. but we had a good meeting and lots of quilts to see. I think this group may not last. it gets smaller and smaller and a few ( decline to be vaccinated) will not come anymore. they have stated we are in too small a room. ( back room of the quilt shop room to seat 26) but we shall see...it always was a small group.
Today I will take my grand daughter and great grand son out baby shopping, ( Ryker age 5 knows just what the baby needs says he) we might even go to lunch of they have time..
i am working on a baby quilt for her but she doesnt know that yet ( I think it is assumed)
That is all that is going on here,,,Hope you have a great day,,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Thurs May 27th

Post by Becca » Thu May 27, 2021 4:25 am

Hello everyone sunny here too & will be hot
Judi Enjoy your outing with DGD and Ryker
Lyn Glad you arrived at your CG Hope DH gets along well
Chris I pray the doors open for you just where God needs you to be
I laid awake for 4 hrs last night It’s was a rough day DH had to go to DDS & his body could not take it
Hope everyone has a great day
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 27, 2021 4:37 am

We had a double post today. So I deleted mine.
I knew I shouldn't try to open the post today. Judi didn't see my post and started another. To avoid confusion, I just deleted mine. No news here anyway.
So, just wishing everyone a nice holiday weekend.
Vel
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu May 27, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu May 27, 2021 5:08 am

Good morning ladies just got back in from feeding we got really thick fog this morning and then the weather supposed to change are supposed to have bad storms starting tonight to tomorrow and then Saturday it’s going to be a big high 56 yeah 92 on Tuesday 56 on Saturday crazy welcome to Kentucky where are you get all four seasons in one week

I got my quilt loaded on the long arm yesterday and layered my flag quilt for daddy‘s metals so should be getting those two done here I’m gonna try and work on some tonight I didn’t get any sewing done yesterday it was church night so don’t get my sewing room on Wednesdays

I have missed two Wednesdays due to my sciatica in DH hand burn so the kids were very excited to see me I got lots of hugs

Chriss saw you’re going to have a job change do you really want to go into a nurses assistant that’s a lot of lifting and moving I don’t know that’s a lot of work

I have lap quilts to get binded and finish tying for our nursing home we can’t do our nursing home ministry anymore they require the shot and DH and I are not getting the shot and there’s several others in our church that were in the ministry that aren’t getting the shot also so.

Nothing else new here got work today my private schools and I was working out with our Delaware contract their last day is today so I’m done with them so I just have my public school kids now

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 am

Good morning!

Nott much today in this neck of the woods. Baden will be here for a short time. Matt has a Dr appointment early this morning. It won't be a long appointment. To get there will be the hard part. We have a major road on this side of the valley and it is under major renovation. The state is changing two major intersections and those roads are closed completely. They are two main ways to get across the valley from my house. It creates a large nightmare to get to the other side, and Matt's appointment is just on the other side of one intersection.

More ceiling work today. Another carpet area. Otherwise SSDD - same stuff different day.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 27, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

It's raining this morning and it's going to rain all day today. Hooray! Our yard is so dry. It's lush and green right now and I want it to stay that way.

JUDI - sorry your guild is shrinking. But I guess fewer people means you can give better attention to the ones who are there. Our QIAD group has shrunk a lot in recent years, too. I miss so many people that used to be here. You will have such fun with Ryker and Co. today! Baby shopping! Next to fabric and thrift, it's my favorite kind of shopping.

IZZY - glad to see you are able to be back at church. Sounds like you have been missed!

BECCA - I'm so sorry your poor DH had such a rough day. Did he have to have dental work done or was it just a check-up? Maybe you can catch a nap today.

DIANE - I hope you saw Velda's explanation yesterday of what happened to your post the day before. If someone else is typing at the same time as you, your post is automatically held up to give you an opportunity to add more if you wish. Whether you add more or not you must hit submit a second time. If you don't, your post will disappear. This is a nice feature that came with the new forum format 2 yrs ago.

JANA - is there ever a time when there isn't a huge construction project going on someplace in your valley?? lol! How is your handyman doing? Hope he's not too sick. Good luck to your Matt at the dr today.

LORI - I love your kitty! I have a fondness for tabbies and I love that she gets priority treatment - as she deserves! It makes me happy to hear you're back in the sewing room.

CHRISS - how does your world look today? When is your last day at work?

Today is my baby boy's birthday. He's 46 yrs old today. Seems like yesterday they were telling me, "It's a boy!"

I worked on my Star Bright for a few hours yesterday and will again today. For lunch I experimented with the last of my blackberries from the freezer. I made blackberry dumplings and they were a great success despite accidentally double-salting the dumplings. I'm on a roll now, so maybe I'll experiment with supper tonite - a new soup, perhaps, in honor of our cool, rainy day? I'll invent it later this afternoon.

May all our bobbins be full!

Mary Z
>^+^<

womster

Post by womster » Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning!

Judi - have a great time with the kids today. Ryker is such a character. I hope your guild can stay together - my gosh we need each other these days.

Becca - I'm so sorry that your DH had such a tough time at the dentist. Like Mary said - hopefully you can sneak in a nap today.

Vel - glad you stopped in. I never have anything either. So we will be twins.

Izzy - glad your sciatica subdued enough for you to see the kids and I'm really glad your DH is healing up well.

Jana - thanks for a great acronym: SSDD. Love it!

Maryz - I love new soup recipes! Let us know what you come up with. I'm glad your lawn got a good drink of water.

I have SSDD also. Continue planting more plants before the rains come in the afternoon. When I was out yesterday, the male hummingbird sounded like an incoming missle. He kept buzzing me until I finally had enough and came inside. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 am

Good morning!
I didn't make it here yesterday because we had to return computers and books and then we took the kids out for lunch at Denny's. We've always celebrated the end of school with our kids and grands, I've always loved having them around the house for the summer..... never been one to be happy they went back to school 🤷‍♀️
Today is a half day of school but it'll just be mind games on the computer and fun things.
Chriss, I hope you get a job if you want one. I'll be retired after tomorrow, the first time in 34+ years I won't have kids..... I'm not sure I'm gonna like my retirement 💔
Judi, enjoy your shopping!
Becca, sorry you didn't sleep good and sorry your DH didn't do well at the DDS.
Vel, you have a nice holiday weekend also.
Izzy, I'm glad you got all the hugs ❤
Jana, I'm like you and want to get things done and then recoup later. Our son has been painting inside his house for over a month... that would drive me crazy! I'd be finished in a week and then recoup for a few days LOL He doesn't like the color, so he's dragging his feet but our DDIL does LOL
Maryz, our QIAD forum has shrunk, I just hope all who used to stop by are ok. I don't even think we have enough to have a swap anymore but I'll still post one at the end of next month and hope 🤞
Sharona, thanks for the reminder.... gotta make more food for my hummers! Enjoy your planting.
Well today is the last of this crazy school year. Easton and Preston will go back the first of July and Jazmyne will go back the 26th of July. They're going back early because they have to so they get funding from the fed government. She's so excited because for the first time ever she'll be in school for her birthday! She starts high school!
We've started painting the outside of our house. I only bought 1 gallon of paint to make sure I liked it..... I've bought all I needed before and then didn't like it but because paint is soooooo expensive and non returnable I painted it anyway and then 2 years later changed the color. I didn't want that again. I also bought 1 gallon of the trim paint but I may not need more of it so I'll only buy more if needed later on.
We only got down to 68° last night, I prefer the 46° lows. Maryz, send me some rain please.
Well it's time to fix breakfast for this crew ❤
You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 27, 2021 7:01 am

In the spring, the state tree of Utah makes their appearances - it's called a Orange Cone! Aaron carries many of them in his truck, for many occasions!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu May 27, 2021 8:10 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh what a difference a day (or two) can make! Tuesday I had the AC on... today I'm almost ready to turn on the heat! It was wonderfully sunny and cool yesterday... but cold and rainy this morning. But as I always say... at least it's not snow!

Judi... OMG Ryker is 5 already!!! Yikes, where did that time go. A guild with only 12 members actually sounds ok to me... nice small groups that get together to chat and sew. There will always be those who won't get vaccinated.... my kids don't want it. In MN you can without a mask if you'd gotten the shot. It's worth it to me... just not have to wear a mask in the heat!

Becca.... Oh dear... your poor DH. I hope he has a much better day today... Will send an extra prayer your way... that he feels better and that you might be able to sneak in a nap!

Velda... Are you going to get to see your grandson while he's on leave? Does he know he will be stationed after leave? If you see him, be sure to give him a big hug from all of us and thank him for his service!

Izzy.... Here I thought it was just Minnesota that had crazy weather! Kentucky too? I have to say I much prefer 56 over 92*

Jana... Summer is construction season in Utah as well? They are doing a major project on the interstate highway near my house (Highway I94 which runs across almost the whole country) so to get any where I try to take the back roads. I love your "state tree" :lol: :lol:

Maryz... It looks like Seattle here this morning... cool and raining... when I have days like this I think of you! :lol: Your baby boy is only 6 months older than mine! I'm counting the days until I can hug mine again... 28 days! We're so old that we had to wait until delivery to find out boy or girl! :lol: :lol:

Sharon.... Do you feed the hummingbirds? I don't think I've ever seen them up here in MN. I see cardinals and blue birds and robins of course. I'd love to have a bird feeder, but here it just seems to bring out the mice and squirrels.

Tina.... good to see you here. You won't have the kids when they go back to school next time.. They go to school in the summer... seems to me they have a difference school schedule than most places. Yes our little forum has shrunk quite a bit from the early years. Once upon a time we had 30-or more signed up for Secret Santa. Are you getting ready to start Christmas Swap?

Chriss.... I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your job. You know the saying of closed doors and open windows. You'll be able to file for unemployment right? I think they are still giving a Covid bonus too, though I don't know how long that will last. Whatever happens... I hope you find something you will just LOVE to do!

Time for me to hit the shower... get butt in gear.. Finished the binding on my 4th quilt from Viv last night... Today I'll be puttsing around a bit, still working getting things ready for the kids to come home. I put a message on a FB local bulletin board... looking for a couple kids to come help me move boxes. Two young men volunteered to come over next Tuesday to help. I bought some Coke for them and I'll make a batch of cookies for them too... and I'll pay them $$$ too. It renews my face in mankind!
Now I just have to clear a path in the garage for them to put all my fabric!

Wishing you all a wonderful happy day!

Return to “Sew ins”