Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 26,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday May 26,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 am

Good Morning Everyone,
The weather here has been a roller-coaster for us lately today we are suppose to be hot.
I haven't been on here for a while to much has gotten in the way.
Today Bill will turn the garden over and tomorrow we will go buy plants I hope if I plant them that the ceciades won't kill them.

Chriss so sorry to here about the loss of your Job I hope your able to find what you want real soon insurance is very important I remember having to pay those hi premiums.

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Wednesday May 26,2021

Post by suzette58 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:56 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
Well, I finished quilting the braid quilt and trimmed it. Today I am going to make the label and sew it and the binding on. The dogs go to the spa today. They enjoy the groomer. Hubby is going to do some yard work for our neighbor. Well, I have to get hubby up. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:41 am

Good morning everyone. Let's all wish Teresa K a very Happy Birthday 🎁🎁.
I was here yesterday a couple times and no one was up and about. Then I got busy on the sew along block and forgot to come back.
It's been pretty hot here. Finally gave in and ran the A/C yesterday.
I need to go read all of yesterday. Boy if you miss one day, you really get behind. I should have opened up our discussion yesterday, but really nothing going on here worth mentioning. πŸ˜‰
Wishing all a happy hump day!
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 26, 2021 5:26 am

Good morning!

I am watching a cotton candy sunrise right now. The wispy clouds look just like pink cotton candy. Rats, now I want some! But it has to be freshly made, that stuff in the bags is terrible! When I was a kid, I worked with my mom is a small concession stand and learned how to make cotton candy. That spoiled me for the good stuff!

I might stand down a bit on the carpet washing. My hip is complaining, but I want it done! So I will see who wins out. I will do the windows in our bedroom, as I put everything back in place. Only 5 windows in there.

Probably sew a little today as well. Michael put back stuff that was in the way of the ceiling project, that was on my sewing island. I will be a happy camper when this and the floor are done in my space! Last night we picked up a few groceries and I will finish putting those away today. Boy, life is dull around here! But I like it that way!

Chriss - I haven't figured out yet, to be sad the company let go their best employee, or happy, that you will not have that long drive into town and can find something close to home. This could be a blessing in disguise.

Stay safe, do something fun!
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 26, 2021 5:46 am

Just wanted to thank you all for good travel thoughts and prayers.
We made it to the campground in Grain Valley, MO, yesterday by 3. I got everything setup for living here a month or more, then had a glass of wine and talked to a neighbor. Estes Park to here is 680 miles. Hays, where DD2 lives is about the half way point, so a double good reason to spend the night there.

I need to go back and read yesterday and here. Will do that while DH is having treatments today.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 26, 2021 6:07 am

Good morning everyone...Chris I am on board with everyone else...are you happy you were let go or sad? If you are happy then I am happy for you. If you are sad then I am sad too......Will you miss your co workers? Will you be able to stay in touch with them? Did you see this coming?
Well things are busy around here the basement storage rooms are getting done,,,if we get them painted and lit we can store all of Kens "stuff" in there and the rest of the basement can get done...this is a 100 year old house and everytime we tackle a new part we find things that are outdated or not done...the storage rooms were closed up and empty for years the only thing in there was spiders...and dirt lots of dirt...they also were damp so paint (yes its probably lead) is peeling,,,we have all the abatement in place but it is a long a tedious process...then to waterproof it and get shelving in there,,,it will be mostly things like 2 dozen folding chairs and banquet tables ( we got these from the neighbors church when it closed and everyone has borrowed them from time to time...) paint supplies..bins of Kens stuff but it will be clean and well lit and up to code....there are 2 storage rooms,,one has our sump pump in it and already had a wall of shelves. it houses a lot of garden things and more of Kens stuff.......I am purging when he is not home...but some things cannot be thrown out... (we have abox of stained glass from a church that was demolished,,my sons salvaged a box of replacement colored glass.) so that is the basement tale.
We have our firsr guild meeting in a long time...I dont rememeber the last one...Tonight is show and tell and give away night...we will give away patterns and show the quilts we made during Covid..It shoulf be fun..
well I have talked your ear off have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 26, 2021 6:19 am

Good morning,

Oh, CHRISS, no! I know I prayed for you to have more sewing time, but this isn't what I meant at all! I guess I should have been more specific. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Right now, though, jobs are everywhere. I can't go on an errand run around town without seeing "Now Hiring" signs everywhere. Good nursing assistants can be hard to find. Just ask Valerie. Or any chance you can still work for your employer but in another capacity? As for insurance, you might look into a high-deductible HSA account. That's what we had between retirement and Medicare age. It worked well for us. God bless!

VELDA - You can always start the forum by saying Good Morning, Quilters! lol! Say it loud though. I'm a sleepyhead.

BECCA - What's the latest on Hadlee? It must be hard for Taylor and Levi to cope with caring for a tiny heart surgery patient on top of everything else that's been put in their path. They are strong angels!

IZZY - so it sounds like your DH is healing well, but it's been a painful ordeal for you both. Hope you and Lil Sweet William got to go swim with the cow yesterday! :lol:

SUZETTE - congrats on finishing the quilting of the braid. Your fur-babies love being groomed? Are you sure? Scottie HATES to even be brushed. After 7 years, his groomer says he's finally starting to get better. (big praise! :lol: ) He doesn't even like being petted much. He's a strange little dog, but we love him. Someone has to.

JANA - carpet cleaning is tough work! Isn't there someone younger and stronger around you can bribe with cookies or a scrumptious supper to do it? I hope you're not too sore today. You've earned yourself some freshly-made cotton candy!

LYN - glad to hear you made it safely to your cg. You are such a WOMAN! I hope your DH knows how lucky he is to have you in his corner!

JUDI - glad you can see progress being made. You are storing a lot of stuff! What is the plan for the stained glass? Hobby supplies? Do you have a basement outside entrance, so when you take all that stuff outside and not have to carry it all upstairs and through the house? Exciting to see everything moving forward! How are your stars coming along? I have 18 of mine finished and 7 more half done.

Yesterday I cleaned one bathroom and the kitchen. Polished countertops and emptied and washed out the silverware drawer. Then I got my two sew-along blocks finished and pix posted. I'm all caught up now. Then I worked a bit on my little stars. I love the pattern and this method of making little flying geese - snowball a white square, cut it in half, and trim to size. I've figured out the three pattern errors, but have to admit one error was mine. I don't need 400 blocks, but 'only' 225. Whew! On closer inspection I realized the picture of the finished quilt they show with the pattern is of the antique quilt they took the design from, not the setting "we" are doing. They enlarged the blocks in the original quilt from 3-1/2" to 4-1/2" to achieve similar size while making fewer blocks. I was just assuming that the picture shown with the directions was the quilt I was making. My bad.

Today is chiropractor, another bathroom, vacuum, stars, and we'll see what other kind of trouble I can get into.

Bill liked his dinner last night, even the broccoli! :o I have to remember how I fixed it - saute'd with S&P, and garlic and generously topped last minute or two with parmesan. Tonite he's getting chili-mac and salad.

Wishing everyone a happy hump day!
Mary Z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 26, 2021 8:01 am

Good beautiful sunny morning, It's going to be a great day today.

I was up and have already applied for a few jobs with the county where I live. Jerry thinks I should wait and see if I really want to go back to work, I am just putting my general application in with the county and the hospital. they are two of the three major employers in this area.

Today I apply for unemployment insurance. I also need to go to the bank and perhaps the grocery store. I have to say I am surprised that I am not upset at not having a job.

Lois, the weather her is crazy too. hot, cold, windy, sunny. it's nuts. We already have green tomatoes on our plants. I water every day and search for red ones but I guess it hasn't been hot enough yet to ripen them.

Suzette, binding and a dog spa, it doesn't get any better than that.

Velda, we were close to turning on the A/C yesterday but didn't. There was also no cooking indoors, Jerry bbq'd burgers. Someone needs to wake us up, it might as well be you from time to time.

Jana, A cotton candy sky sounds so pretty. There is lots of putting things back after carpet cleaning and batt cave remodeling. I vote for taking the day off. Not sure I was their best employee, and I have been working from home for the last year. But I do know God is working in all of this and has a plan, I'm excited to see just what He has in store for me.

Lyn, so glad you made it and are parked and camped.

Judi, such a huge job remodeling the basement and getting things up to date. it's going to be wonderful to have it all done. Enjoy your quilt guild meeting. I am surprised that I am not sad about my job loss. The girls in my office aren't very chummy. I won't likely keep in contact with them. Most are young enough to be my kids.

Maryz, it isn't your fault. I'm really not upset about losing my job. I am thankful that I am in a position to not have to worry. Had I been 30 with a young child I would feel differently. It's good to be me. My mind has been cluttered since yesterday with things I want to do around here. and if a job pops up I will take it. I wish there was a quilt shop nearby so I could work there. Glad Bill liked his broccoli, I love broccoli.

Teresa, have a great birthday.

Well, guess I need some breakfast and a shower, in that order. I'm hungry and I stink. You girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Wed May 26, 2021 8:13 am

Good morning!

Lois – good luck with the garden and the roller-coaster.

Suzette – happy spa day to your dogs. You made quick work of the braid quilt.

Vel – I know what you mean about missing so much in just one day.

Jana – hope your hip feels better today.

Lyn – good luck to your DH with his treatment today.

Judi – eeeuuuughhh on the spider storage. Wow – there is a lot of remediation to be done before you get your storage the way you want it. I like the sound of lighted storage and fresh paint. I bet the stained glass is beautiful. Have a great time at your guild meeting.

Maryz – thanks for the explanation of the energy fridge. All I can say is good grief. So happy you figured out your quilt pattern. Broccoli fixed your way sounds quite scrumptious. Happy chiro day.

Chriss - sounds like you have a plan. And the peace that surpasses all understanding. It is good to be you!

Teresa - happy birthday!

I am headed outside to plant some more. I was going to sew a tissue holder for my DDIL as a gift before they leave for Russia tomorrow, but I forgot my machine was at the spa :o . Nothing exciting is happening out here – still no need for a/c and the heat is still on. That will change next week, they say. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed May 26, 2021 9:38 am

Okay! Who ate my post this morning??? I wrote right behind Suzette. I even saw it there. Has this happened to anyone else?

Diane

Return to β€œSew ins”