Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 24

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Monday May 24

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:13 am

Good morning everyone!
I hope you are all having a great day!
This is the last week of school and I'll be off babysitting grands until just 3 weeks in July when it'll just be Jazmyne with us, that's not really babysitting though, she's almost 14! I think it'll be 3 weeks of her helping us LOL eve started painting the outside of our house and doing some needed replacing and repairs.
Velda, happy birthday a day late 🥳🎉 continue calibrating❤
Judi, I love spending time with the grands too ❤ win win!
Diane, Dollywood is on my list to go to! Sounds like you had a great trip!
Lyn, safe travels. I'll text you this evening or you me 😊
Jana, my daughter did her laundry room up really pretty too, can't hardly wait to see how yours turns out! Pix please 😊
Maryz, I hope you make it thrift shopping today, sounds like fun! Your supper sound delicious! We always used to stop at Nashville and other places in Tennessee when I was a kid, I loved it!
Suzette, you sure get a lot of quilts done, it's awesome!
Sherry, after you back to eating at your favorite place for breakfast? I agree, the people in Tennessee are so friendly!
Maryq, so far I've only written down the patterns and where to find them.... hopefully as soon as the kids are on summer break 🤞 I'm living all the blocks you and Katy have been posted!
Sharona, spring, summer and fall here is yard work, yard work LOL I live doing it except in the hot heat.... once it gets to 100° I'm wiped out! We were 46° this morning, it was nice!
I hope I didn't miss anyone.
The kids are wound springs with it being the last few days of school 🤣😂 let's see if we survive!
I'm going to paint the inside of my porch; just 1 wall that's the shared wall of the house.... I'm going to paint it the leftover sage green that I used for all the trim in my sewing room.
My dad had his chemo injections last Tuesday, he's always wiped out for 2 weeks after so him coming over for supper is always kinda if-y for these 2 weeks. Other than that he's doing fairly good, he has good and bad days but he tries to do too much I think.
I posted a favor about the comfort quilts.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday May 24

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 24, 2021 4:34 pm

Good late afternoon. It's been a busy day.

I went and got my new cpap machine today. I'm so excited to use it. they have come a long way. This is my third machine.

Becca, thrilled that Hadlee is doing well, I have to say I am impressed with those twins of ours. they are such thrivers. and their parents must be really strong, they have had a lot of hills to climb.

Judi, those kids of yours are blessed to have you. I wish I had grandkids to go stay with and shuttle around once in a while.

Diane, Love that you bought that lonely little pattern. I've bought orphaned FQ's for the same reason, they look lonely.

Lyn, glad Garry is getting his treatments. I apologize I missed the reason Garry needs treatments. I know, I know, if I would show up each day I would know what is going on.

Jana, happy laundry room redo.

Maryz, I had so much fun at the thrift stores. Probably because I went by myself and didn't feel rushed or have to wait on anyone. The Hope Chest ( a Hospice thrift store) had a senior discount of 20 or 25% on Saturday, guess what, I qualify. I am 55 or older. Got enough shirts to last through the summer and even found a few for winter. also found a few quilt books and one cross stitch book of quilt blocks. And an adorable little angel figurine for my angel collection It was a very good trip. Nope, didn't see you, did you find anything?

Sherry, we have been making Chaffles for breakfast. Yesterday I made one with cinnamon and one with a seasoning called Everything but the Bagel. Both were marvelous. When I think of breakfast you often come to mind. Always getting breakfast for Smoke and Sweetie.

Sharona, I hate when my feet are cold. ugh, hope you finally warmed up.

Tina, I will say a prayer for your dad.

Got an email from QIAD that showed the Lori Holt Bee Happy pattern on sale, and I almost bought it but the shipping would be 5.45 so I decided not to

Nothing else exciting here. Hope you gals have a groovy night.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”