Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 24

Daily discussions.
Becca

Monday May 24

Post by Becca » Mon May 24, 2021 4:11 am

Good morning everyone
Velda A late Happy Birthday to you Hope you got to Subway

It’s a great day ahead We are in an early heat wave for a few days
It’s quilting today at Church
We had a wonderful visit with our DS & his fiancé on Saturday She is a lot of fun to be around And we love our Sons visits
Hadlee is doing good Thanks for your prayers

Everyone have a wonderful day & prayers for Cindyg & Don Kathy Rosebud Lori & Lyn
& others in need
Becca

grammiequilts

Re: Monday May 24

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 24, 2021 4:33 am

Morning Becca and others....we have been missing a few gals around here lately hope eveeryone is ok???
I am off to the grocery store this morning,,Ken has requested chili so I will make a big pot of that today. I freeze it in bowls and he can heat one up if i am gone....I will be staying at the kids house from saturday to saturday next week, colleen and Jeff are going to vegas for a week. They love it there. Me and the kiddos will hold down the fort, doggies too. Ken will be working on the basement and may take Liam with him some of the time. He will also handle any hockey that may happen that week...Liam and Sophia are done with school for the year but Nolan who goes to private high school will be in school so I need to drive him in the morning, Other grampa drives him home in the afternoon...I will be busy,,,,but will still try to check in each day. right now I need coffee and get my list going.....hope you are all having a good day. Prayers,,,If anyone hears from Cindy and Don,,,please post an update if they are ok with that,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon May 24, 2021 5:12 am

Good morning to all. Sunny and will be warm today. We got back from TN late Sat night. We had the best weather for the whole week. Couldn't have asked for better. The cabin was so cute and comfortable. Dollywood was a lot of fun and it is amazing how many people Dolly Parton has working there. She has a building of her costumes-they are unbelievably beautiful.
Stopped at the 2 lqs in the area, of course, I found a few yards of wow and a real pretty tiny flower print. Some how a pattern called Stargazer (from wilmington) happened to come home with me also. It was the only one left and looked like it needed a new home. (mine-lol)
Hopefully we will return in the next few years--well worth the 7 hours ride.
Well back to reality, but first need another cup of coffee.
Enjoy the day and prayers for those in need.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 24, 2021 5:15 am

Becca and Judi, sounds like your day will be busy, enjoy.

On the road again. Heading back to KC area for Garry's treatments. Will be in Hays tonight.

Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 24, 2021 5:43 am

Good morning!

Quite chilly here, back in the 30's! As my grandson Stu would say, when he was little, I wanna be warm!

More work on the ceiling in the Batt Cave today. Hopefully it will be done by this afternoon. Well, at least my sewing end. Then I can get things back in order. While that is being worked on, I will straighten up the railroad area. I do have sewing things over there and that ceiling is next. I am sure there will be things pitched to Acme landfill. They fall into the category of what was I thinking! I am gathering ideas for my next project here, decorating the laundry room. I already know the theme, besides, laundry, LOL, rustic barn. I have wallpaper that looks like corrugated tin panels and barnwood siding. I will wainscott with the wallpaper on the bottom and the barnwood as the chair rail. Paint above the chair rail, and I already have a crystal chandelier for the light hanging in there. Not sure I will tell Mikey, what I am up too, just do it. :) Since I have laundry to do, he will not notice I am in there...... tee-hee!

Lots of prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 24, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning

BECCA - So nice your DS and fiance came to visit. I'm glad you like her. Have they set a date to get married yet? Enjoy the quilting at church.

JUDI - You are really the go-to mom for your family! I bet the kids are looking forward to having Gramma at the house. I hope you're taking your sewing machine - or else going home now and then to get your 'fix'. Did you get your veggies planted?

DIANE - glad you had such a good time! I would love to see Dollywood. I think Dolly is such a good person and has never forgotten her roots. Or her people. I've only been in TN once and we flew for a conference so there wasn't much opportunity to tour the state.

LYN - I'm glad the memorial was a time of remembrance and healing for you and all your family. In the picture I saw your handsome dad looked like such a cool dude! I would like to have met him. I didn't realize you were headed out again. I thought Garry could get his treatments in CO once it was established what he needed. How is he doing? Safe travels.

VELDA - hope you got my birthday message yesterday. I was a little late to the party. I always think your birthday is the same as my son's (27th) but it's my nephew's birthday you share. My bad. Hope it was a fantastic day!

MARY Q - Congrats on the house chores! Sometimes it's hard to resist the pull of the sewing room. You could block off all the other rooms of the house so there would be no messes and therefore no quilty guilties. :D I never made it to the Goodwill yesterday. By the time I finished all I had to do, it was time to power down and go relax on the deck with Mr. Bill. Maybe today.

IZZY - How is your DH doing? When you say "engulfed in flames", I have a very bad picture in my head. SCARY! How is he doing? How big are his burns? Sorry about your hiney. I do understand why foot pedals would be difficult for you. Are you still babysitting 4 days/week? When does your school let out?

VAL - I remember you said your DGS was moving out but I never caught where. Reno? Is it his mom that lives there? Life is certainly busy for you. Sorry the arthritis is getting to you. Have you found anything that helps? Glad your dad is doing well. When are you going to Vegas?

JANA - Your laundry room is going to be prettier than my living room! I love your decor ideas. And what Mikey don't know won't hurt you! :D What a bummer about the freezer of food being lost! Thanks for the GFCI tip. Another thing we learned the hard way - Energy Star fridge will shut off if temp gets below 50 degrees. That's the energy saving part of it. We also lost a top freezer full of food. We had to buy an adapter kit to prevent it from doing that. Thanks, too, for the tip on the marinara sauce. I saw that at Costco but was afraid to steer away from my tried and true brands but I'll give it a try - on your say-so. ;)

CHRISS - did you miss me on your thrift shopping trip? I did! Did you find some great bargains? On Mondays, the previous week's color of tags is usually 99 cents so maybe I'm glad I never got there yesterday. Today might be better. I always look for fabric, books, yard art, and sheltie and fox figurines. I collect both. I have to give my kids something to shake their heads over when they go through my stuff "down the road". And of course, I need nothing but can never resist the clothes.

Things are pretty well caught up around here and it's going to be a drizzly day so I think I'll spend a lot of it in my sewing room working on my Star Bright. This pattern is from McCall's, S/O '16 issue and is another pattern where they have made several mistakes. Mostly in math. I checked their website for corrections and found none, so I'm figuring it out myself. I think I'll also take that Goodwill trip I missed yesterday. It's only 2 miles away. In the same shopping center we have a brand new Ross that just might be open by now so I'll peek in there, too if the Now Open sign is up. I made up a recipe last night for pork chops and we have half of that leftover so supper tonite is already in the bag. I browned big thick boneless chops and popped them into the crockpot. Saute'd onion, garlic, few flakes of red peppper, Craisins, and dried apricots. Added 2 cups of broth, simmered a bit and added it all to the crockpot. Served it with rice and it was delicious. So no cooking tonite. Whoo Hoo!

Piece!
mary z
>^+^<

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning everyone.
I am finishing up the quilting on the braid quilt today. I need to get the label done for the new owner. Then I will start a quilt for hubby’s Aunt. She hinted to me she would like a quilt. I love how she did that. I hope everyone has a good day.
Suzette

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon May 24, 2021 7:49 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Still working on sewing and sorting. It just amazes me how much stuff I have accumulated. Still need lots of rain here. Been very dry Spring. Will be hot again today. It is nice not to have to wear my mask into stores here when I go shopping. I have had both shots so do not have to wear the mask anymore in most places.

Diane - So glad you enjoyed your trip to Dollywood. My DH and I made several trips to Nashville to the Grand Ole Opry. I really like Tennessee. The people there are so nice and friendly.

Judi - Sounds like you are going to be very busy for awhile. Enjoy time with your grandkids.

Well, better go get some breakfast and get going for the day. Have a good day all!

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 am

Good Morning Girls

DRAT!!! I had a whole nice long post and I hit the wrong button....

I'll just leave you this message and you'll have to use your imagination :lol: :lol: Believe me it was a really wonderful newsy, funny audacious post! :lol: :lol:

And I can't even remember half of it.

I did get Week of the Sew Along posted so... ladies....start your engines.. it's an easy one.

And with that.... I need more coffee and Mr. Maytag is waiting for me.... The only single man in my life these days :lol: :lol:

Have a great day. with prayers all

womster

Post by womster » Mon May 24, 2021 7:59 am

Good morning!

Velda – happy belated birthday!

Becca – I’m glad you had a wonderful time with family this weekend. Yay for Hadlee doing well. Have a great time quilting today.

Judi – How fun for Jeff and Colleen to go to Vegas. Alone time together will be great for them. I know you will have a blast with the grandkids. A win/win for everyone.

Diane – I think easing slowly back into reality after the trip you had is smart. Dollywood sounds like a lot of fun. One of my DIL’s wants to go – maybe we can work that into one of our trips back to Ohio some year.

Lyn – safe travels.

Jana – smart woman to do your plotting in private. Your laundry room redo sounds cute. Thanks for the GFCI tip.

Maryz – isn’t it nice to not have to worry about dinner tonight? Mondays and Fridays are our soup nights, and I’m pulling some out of the freezer for this go-round. If I were a pork fan, your dinner would be marvelous! Have fun at the thrift store and I hope you can be more than a lookie-lou at the Ross store. I cannot believe your fridge shuts off at 50. GRRRR!

Suzette - wow I must have forgotten you’d started the braid quilt, and now it’s almost done! How cute that your DH’s aunt hinted for a quilt. That’s really sweet.

Sherry – I know what you mean about the accumulation. Hope y’all get some rain soon.

Maryq – will drat! That was probably the best post in history, and we are left wanting.

Yesterday was a blur – church/store/lunch/yard work/Avalanche playoff game at DS1’s house, then home and dinner and bed. Geesh! Today is more yard work and then some indoor work. I think we might finally be getting warm, although it was in the low 30s last night. My feet are still cold! We had eight tornados in CO yesterday. Most of them are pencil thin, but there was a larger one on the outskirts of Elizabeth. And by that I mean probably 30 miles away. Crazy! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”