Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday May 18th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tuesday May 18th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 18, 2021 3:53 am

Good morning....Sore muscle day here,,,,But around the house is mostly done..I did lay 20 bags of mulch and all the flower beds are weeded. and cleared of anything that requires further maintanence, I do have hostas to be divded and day lillies too. 2 small areas to be cleared and redone. But today my muscles say i cannot do anything more...I will do the sew along block and work on the stars...I do have to tidy up one bathroom.
Now to get dressed and have some toast. hope you all have a great day,,,,
Prayers for Mary, Kathy, and hoping Chickie is doing ok...havent heard any more news from her..XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO PS Sorry I missed it prayers too for Gary (Lyn's DH that he gets help from the therapy he will be taking, I have heard good things about it).
Last edited by grammiequilts on Tue May 18, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

WeeOne

Re: tuesday May 18th

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 18, 2021 5:45 am

I looked back to Friday & see that I didn't give y'all an update after the doctor's appointment. Dr Carey Wennerstrom is very nice. She spent a long time going over Garry's records that I brought from the hospital and NP in Corpus. They did a chest x-ray, EKG, hair sample and breathing test on Friday. Yesterday we got there at 8:30 for Garry's fasting blood test. Plan is to have 20 - 40 Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, 1 hr each, and a series of EDTA Chelation Therapy, 2 hr IV. Not sure how many Chelation, guessing 30 or so.
Garry will have both again today and only Hyperbaric Oxygen on Wednesday morning. Then we'll head to Colorado, stopping in Hays Wednesday night. It will be a quick trip to Colorado. Amanda, Curt and Maddox will stay at the house with us. Dad's memorial is Saturday, with lunch at oldest brother's house. We'll leave Monday and head back to KC area. The campground we're in has moved reservations around and opened #16 for us, until mid July if needed. Only negative is it's water and electric only. They do have a honey truck that will come dump the tanks.

Prayers for all here.
Have a great day everyone!
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue May 18, 2021 6:04 am

Good beautiful Tuesday morning. Rooster is crowing, Doves are cooing and a little cotton tail is in the pasture. We seem to have a lot of rabbits this year. Wish we had less squirrels, the hawks are helping with the squirrel population, maybe we need more hawks.

Katy, that raccoon must have made you laugh. they are quite talented aren't they? Patience is a great word. so many things are expected right away. People get impatient if they have to wait.

MaryRose, hope you get figured out so you can make the repairs needed and heal. Gosh it seems like this has gone on for quite a while.

Judi, I bet you are sore. Spreading mulch is a great way to soak up that vitamin D.

Lyn, glad things are moving forward for Garry. Nice that you have a usable campground, Prayers for him.

Sharona, did you ever catch up from yesterday?

I'm looking for the best exercise to tighten up the belly and thighs. Seems that is where I have my extra skin issues. Will look at you tube today and see what I can find.

Hope you girls have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 am

Good day!

Looks like a great day here. Later Matt will be by. He bought a Kawasaki side by side, a four seater toy. It's used and from someone near my house. Matt doesn't have a trailer for it, yet, so he will drive it from where he bought it and put the toy in my side yard, for a short time. The ride is just over the hill from me, and it is common in the neighborhood to see them used on the roads. As the crow flies, about three blocks, a little longer on the roads.

Sewing for me. Not much else around these parts,

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 18, 2021 7:04 am

Good Morning Girls

Once again.... I'M BAAACCKKK!!! Oh my gosh... had such a fun time but am totally exhausted.. That garage sale stuff is a LOT of hard work!!! The weather was perfect... sunny one day... cool cloudy the next but no rain. We were super super busy both days. Hardly a time when there weren't people looking in the garage. I made about $200 but spent 1/2 of it at the quilt shop we stopped at on Sunday. :lol: :lol: I'm happy that I was able to re-home a lot of stuff... but I swear when I wasn't looking Tom or Viv were filling my car with stuff! Found some beautiful silky fabric in Viv's stash and I mentioned it would make pretty scarves.... so guess where all that fabric is now! Yup, my garage! But I'll get her back... :lol: :lol: When I got home took a nap... then unloaded the car.. Today is "what the hell I am going to do with all this stuff" day! And of course " man I need some clean clothes"

It will take me a little while to get caught up with y'all. I see Kathy was in hospital for surgery but doing well... It's funny, I was thinking about her while I was gone. I hope you will be able to go home soon and not have to go to re-hab again! I know she hated that!

I could fill my coffee cup and sit and chat for a few hours, but that won't get laundry done :lol: :lol: , nor the dishwasher unloaded, or the stuff in my living room put away... So you can see I will be busy today. BUT I will go over to Sew Along and post Katy's picture of this week's block. I thought I had my version on my phone, but I don't, so I'll do mine later.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Great to be back!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning,

Lyn, I’m so sorry for your loss of your dad. Hugs! I know it will be a lovely service because he was a lovely man.

Chriss, thx for delivering the message from me, Who delivered it from Judy, who delivered it from Chrissy, who delivered it from Kimberly. Our grapevine is alive and well!

We made it to camp. A few hours later than planned because of a major traffic jam due to construction. When we got here we found a trickling broken sprinkler head right out our trailer door. They “fixed” it by placing an orange cone over it. 😜. Our friends were many more hours late due to simply not being ready and weren’t speaking to each other when they got here. ( it’s 3-1/2hr drive). One person dropped his dinner plate on the ground and our dog made off with another person’s dessert when she left it unguarded. And a homeless camp us nearby and Ranger came to tell us to lock up EVERYTHING at night. This has all the makings of the purrfect trip! We may have to buy more wine just to get through this trip ! 🍷🍷🤪. At least We don’t have to cook tonight!

Today is mount Saint Helens eruption anniversary. We were camping with three little kids when the Ranger came and woke us up by shaking our tent. My son wrote about the experience as seen through his five year old eyes and 40 year long memory and posted some pictures on his website/blog – ML Erdahl.

Have a good day!
Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”