Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 16

Daily discussions.
Becca

Sunday May 16

Post by Becca » Sun May 16, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning everyone Time to greet the new day
Prayers are needed for Hadlee She is the twin that was born at 21 weeks She was born with a cyst on her Heart She goes in Hospital tomorrow for Heart surgery on Wednesday Please pray for her Levi Taylor & Brodee They need prayers Thank you for your prayers and support
Hope everyone has a wonderful Lords Day Becca
My word for this year is love The World needs love for their fellow man

QuiltGram8

Re: Sunday May 16

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning! Prayers for Hadee. How old are the twins now?
Today is graduation here. Hoping the rain stays away long enough!
All is well here.
Looking forward to our next "sew along" block later today. πŸ€—
Hugs and prayers
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 16, 2021 5:19 am

Velda The twins are 21 months old
The dress was a gorgeous dress Sure that was a job but done with lots of love She is a pretty girl Know you are proud of her
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 16, 2021 5:48 am

Good morning prayers for the baby that she comes through the heart surgery and is her old self soon.
Well the best laid plans. Yesterday I worked around the flower beds the whole day,,, digging and weeding and all ready to lay the mulch today. Sometime during the night the good Lord said "Not today". It rained and rained ( weathermen everywhere said only a slight chance of a scttered sprinkle or 2) so now it is too wet to work in the gardens...and it is still raining so I cannot do windows...SO...I gues it will be a sew day. On a more cheerful front I did find 20 red lilies I thought were gone, and 2 hybiscus that I thought were dead have new growth on them. the lilies I will relocate after they bloom..they were overtaken by a patch of shasta daisies so I cleared the way for them to bloom. and my Dad's peonies are full of buds. I have been nursing them for 16 years but they are from a batch that was 40 years old. Looks like they are happy here,
Well I guess I will find some inside work to do...Ken 's test was negative and he is still sleeping with his "Man Cold'...I have closed the bedroom door so the purr if the sewing machine does not bother him...he worked all day in the basement and all the piping is re arrainged and the redo is ready, Hope you are all having a blessed sunday, I have left a message for Chrissy about Kathy. She was supposed to have surgery on friday but no word on how that went. prayers for her also.needed, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 am

Somehow I posted twice, but you don't need to read it twice! :lol:

mz[/i][/color]

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 16, 2021 7:09 am

purrfect-lady wrote: ↑
Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 am
Good morning,

Becca, prayers for little Hadlee this week and for all her family, too. Levi and Taylor have been through a lot.

Velda - Your beautiful granddaughter will be a knockout in that gorgeous dress! I love the color! And I know it was a challenge, hemming that skirt. Were you able to make a mask to match?

Judi - Sounds like a sew day to me! I love rainy days! Just for the reasons you mentioned. lol! Neat to find so many plants you thought lost. I love shasta daisies and my friend gave me 3 big clumps of them. They survived the winter but now I just hope they grow up to have flowers! My peonies are blooming for first time ever!

Chriss - did you decide what to do with your weekend yet? I don't care for clothes with clothing brand names on them either. We pay for the clothes! isn't that enough? Do we have to give them free advertising, too? My "uniform" is generally jeans and solid color tees with a plaid flannel shirt over if I get chilly. And probably 80% of my clothes are green, blue, turquoise, teal, purple. I hope you have a magical day!

Val - I hope your knee gets better. What is wrong with it? Your class is coming up quickly! Isn't the sew-along block posted Monday mornings? Of course, I've been missing lately and having to play catch up 2 block at a time, so what do I know?

Jana - I love your message on kindness.

Sharona - what are you crocheting? Did I know you crochet?

Today is a short list at Costco and a long list at Freddie's (our Kroger). It's nice to be able to be out without a mask, though some establishments here still require them. That's OK with me. I'm happy enough to comply with that. So Costco will be maskless, but Freddie's, I'll still be able to shop "incognito". 😷 If there is time, I also plan to quilt my Halloween tablerunner I made last month. It got set aside and and I never circled back to it - until yesterday. And I'll be prepping food and packing it into the trailer. We're leaving tomorrow morning.

Group hug!
mary >^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 16, 2021 7:27 am

Good morning!

It's warm, sunny, the windows open and I can hear the little birdies singing! A great start to the day!

Church is in a little while. Most of the places here in the valley have removed mask regulations. Went to Costco for milk and didn't need the mask! We have two kooky mayors, one of the city and one of the county of Salt Lake, , who think they were elected to dictate here, everywhere, differ from the very large majority of people, and keep trying to extend rules, but we have a wonderful governor and he puts those two back in their correct space. So no masks at church either.

Finally got all the little pieces parts cut and labeled for my wall hanging. It is a all pieced wall hanging with lots of pieces that are close to the same size as another, so I post it note each piece, so I know where to put it. Hopefully I can sew it today. There are 10 pieced tulips and a border that looks like a white picket fence.

Enjoy the day!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 16, 2021 7:29 am

Becca prayers for little Hadlee and the rest of your family.

Maryz I am sure my knee pain is arthritis. I have it through out my back, fingers and toes so.....My Fabulous Forties class begins June 12. I am a bit nervous but will take it one step at a time. It lasts for 9 months so I have plenty of time.

We are having a couple of cool days here. Only in the 60's which is goid for me. Don't like the heat at all.

Have my charting all done and now have to finish my taxes. Going to run Andrew's real quick too. He may owe a bit. Not sure if he had taxes taken out of his UI. Maybe one dance with Mr. Maytag and some sewing. Also Dad duty today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Post by womster » Sun May 16, 2021 8:16 am

Good Sunday morning!

Becca - prayers for Hadlee and for Levi,Taylor & Brodee. They've all had a long row to hoe. Prayers for you and CA as well.

Vel - happy graduation day.

Judi - enjoy your sew day. I hope Ken feels better soon.

Maryz - sounds like you've got a lot of shopping to do. I am trying to crochet - I have trouble with counting stiches and knowing where to go in and out, but I keep practicing. Your trip to wine country will be so fun.

Jana - we have similar issues out here. I just keep my mask with me, because we never know from place to place what the rules are.

Valerie - I bet you will be glad to get all the tax stuff behind you. Sorry to hear about the arthritis.

I'm headed out to my sewing space with my Ipad to watch church. Yesterday, I had an alarm on my Apple Watch go off to tell me that my heart rate dropped to 30bpm for 10 minutes and now it's ping ponging all over the place. Sheesh! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:44 am

Good morning everyone. Today will be a low key, catch up to myself day. My energy level still has not returned to a "normal" level, but it is getting better. I skimmed through some of the happenings over the past couple weeks to catch up with all of you. I will be keeping each of you and your needs in prayer during the following weeks.

MaryZ- Thank you for sharing the update for me with everyone.

Have a blessed day. Continue to be safe with all the changes to the covid restrictions.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to β€œSew ins”