Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday May 15th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday May 15th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 15, 2021 4:25 am

Good morning well may is half over...time flies when your having fun,
Yesterday we recieved 20 bags of mulch, you know where Ill be. I did get another small flower bed weeded...there are all perrenials in ther,,day lillies and peonies . The Peopnies were my fathers,,,they didnt move well and I have been nursing them fr 16 years but they bloom and are still alive, we have very poor soil here, Ill be outside as much of the day as I can,,,Laun dry is already going, and we are on our first cuppa coffee. Seems we are in a small drought here and no rain is predicted for another week. but the yard may get done.
I will do stars at night to try and get another quilt done. 60 blocks are needed, I have 12 done.
Well the first load is done so everyone have a great day,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Saturday May 15th

Post by velvet » Sat May 15, 2021 4:38 am

Good morning to all.

Lori- I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Today I'm just packing and hit the market for sandwichs for the trip tomorrow. Weather should be nice for the week TN. Hope to find a lqs nearby. I like to see what the area has that I don't have here at the beach.

Off I go for coffee.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat May 15, 2021 4:51 am

Hello everyone sunny here We had a nice day yesterday I got weeds pulled car washed & cut & hemmed fabric for tea towels to embroidery I gave all away I had
Laundry is going
My nieces service was last evening My DSIL had the service DD said it was a nice service
Judi I love peonies My Mother had a lot They won’t grow here
Diane Safe travels for you
Must get going to get my walk in Have a great day
Praying for Kathy Cindyg & Don Lori & her family & Rosebud
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 am

Good morning all. We are waking up today at our son's. We are such early risers. We try to stay quiet so our son can sleep in. Weekends are supposed to be for sleeping in when you work 40 hr weeks. Ha, we never could do that! But we understand the extra shut-eye means a lot. Granddaughter came over to drop off the gorgeous dress I need to hem for her. Typical teen, she forgot to bring her heels, so I couldn't measure. ☹️ She stayed and had pizza and I measured a 3" mark all around. Tricky task as it has a kick slit and a lining. Today she will come about noon with shoes and put dress on and see if the 3" guess I made will work or will we have to go more. I am nervous, but excited to do this. After dress is done, she would like me to make a matching mask with the fabric we cut off?? I will try to remember to get pictures.
Prom for her isn't until May 22. (Outdoor prom). Graduation is tomorrow afternoon in stadium.
Rules are that you can't have a date for prom with anyone who doesn't go to this school, so she has a date, but he is not boyfriend. We met new boyfriend last night. Very nice polite guy.
Happy times for the younger generation, but so weird. I told her, some day she will be telling her kids and grandkids about this history. 🥰
More later to this story.
Coffee time!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 am

Good wonderful Saturday morning,

I woke up way too early but was able to do a little of my History of the Bible class. I have until January to complete it. Then I read my devotions and heard the shake of Moose's tags. It's our sign that he is getting up and wants to go outside. but first he excitedly bounces over to me for a head scratch. He is a smile maker for sure

I am contemplating going to yard sales today. Seems the next town is having a town wide first annual yard sale event. Thing is, it's pretty spread out and will take a lot of driving. Plan B is to go into another town and shop the clearance racks. I need shirts. Shirts are so hard to find, I don't want words on my shirts. I like a t-shirt with real sleeves, not cap sleeves and I like the fabric to have a print of some kind but don't want symbols or words on the shirt. Very picky. Plan C would be to stay home make a tuna salad and play in my room. Plan C will likely be the best option.

Tomorrow I will be going to a sort of flea market called Rusty Roots with a girlfriend. It should be a fun day.

Velda, things sure have changed since my senior prom in 1981. We wore Gunne Sak dresses and the boys wore tuxedos with a cumberbund and tie that matched the dress. Dinner out and then the dance. but you are right, it is a forever memory. Very thankful I didn't marry my high school sweetheart, my life would be completely different and quite a mess.

Suzette, if you are looking for something from the healthfood store and there isn't one near you try Amazon, or even Trader Joes or something like that. glad your kit arrived.

Judi, today you will be the queen of mulch. put on that tiara and your scepter will be your trowel

Flo, you will surely have a colorful garden. We only have red tomatoes, Early Girl and Beef steak. Jerry has some cherry tomatoes near the gate to the garden but he says those are for eating while you water. He thinks that will make me want to water more often. He doesn't realize my goal is a fresh big tomato sliced with some cheese, red onion, bacon and best foods mayo on top

Lori, sending a hug and a prayer.

Jana, I like your word, Kindness. Once you focus on it you ( actually I) catch myself, and shut my mouth. I am learning to shut up and listen more. It's a process. Glad the kids are staying rather than moving. Guess you still have that one California hold out.

Maryz, Yep, I have a favorite word. I like yours too, Magical. It can be breathtaking, wonderous, and unexpected all at the same time. Good word.

Becca, enjoy your walk, glad your niece had a nice service. Ugh, picture sorting. what a job. And today's kids will have no idea what picture sorting is like, they have their pictures all stored in their phones.

Lyn, yes, Shirley Mae is quite special.

Jerry is wanting to go to a U-Pick blueberry farm that hands you a bucket and you fill it for $12. I don't know the size of the bucket. I really don't want to go but if he asks me to I will. I am picturing these little pea sized blueberries and after picking them I see my thumb and pointer finger a shade of purplish blue. Kind of like Violet in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not a blueberry fan but Jerry puts them in his oatmeal, or he will make a waffle with them.

Not much else here, I pray you all have a great weekend.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 15, 2021 6:15 am

Good morning,

May 15th - It's Law Enforcment Memorial Day when we honor all the men and women who have risked their lives protecting and serving the rest of us - and lost them. Please remember them and their families today.

JUDI - I have four peony bushes that are starting to bloom for the very first time, after about 3 years. I can't wait! And I've weeded that flowerbed 3 times already, but it's underneath the bird feeder. I finally quit feeding the birds a few months ago. I should move the feeder but there's not too many places to put it.

VEL - You are so right - our young generation are really going to have some interesting stories to tell their kids and grands! What is the dress like? Color? Fabric? Sleeves? Length? Full skirt or slim? You know how I like details! :D

DIANE - have a great trip! We leave on ours tomorrow.

BECCA - were you able to watch the service on-line? You really had a productive day. What's your embroidery pattern going to be like?

I have a small (4 people) but long luncheon to go to in Puyallup today. That's about 30 miles from us. Fortunately, I'm not the driver. We are all former co-workers, and have gotten together 2 or 3 times a year for about 25 years to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. Until Covid hit. So this will be our first lunch together since 2019.
But I hope to find a few moments of sewing time in my day anyway.

Piece!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 15, 2021 8:07 am

Good morning!

Absolutely I remember those who serve in the Thin Blue Line! They hold a special place , especially in this home.

Aaron is on vacation this week, so I am babysitting his big work truck. The state likes for him to keep it nearby and a eye on it. So, sometimes it stays at Sarah's or across the street at Sandee's. But both those spots aren't available, so it will be my turn. It is a very expensive piece of equipment. Aaron and family are going to St George to see Kate's mom, who lives there.

With kindness being my word, I thought I share a thought from my lesson I taught last Sunday. My lesson was taken from a Conference talk, given by one of the leaders of the Church. He said, " as you extend yourself with kindness, care, and compassion, I promise that you will lift up arms that hang down and will heal hearts". So true.

Not much here. Finishing the bulletin for church tomorrow, a bit of laundry and playing in the Batt Cave. Still working on the tulip wall hanging.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:18 am

You asked to see the dress. I pinned up 3" last night. I am not sure what the material is exactly, but it is like jersey. Has a slit over left leg. Totally lined, so hemming includes lining and outer to match.
Having a train is the tricky part. She doesn't want to trip, but still wants somewhat of a train in the back.
Can't wait til she gets here in a couple of hours for measuring.
Wish me luck. 🤗🥰

All finished! Ended up taking six inches off. Wow! And forgot to bring my packet of sewing machine needles. Had to make a fast run to Joanne's for ball point needles.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Sat May 15, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am

Use a large basting line, that you can roll the hem to, so it stays straight. And be careful not to stretch it as you sew. That basting also helps to stabilize the fabric. Same works for the lining. If you have a serger, that is a big help working with that type of fabric. I refer to that fabric, as evil fabric! I hate working with it, but have done many alterations on it! Good luck, you will do a wonderful job! The dress is lovely!

womster

Post by womster » Sat May 15, 2021 9:39 am

Judi – that’s so sweet about your dad’s peonies. Have fun with all that mulch.

Diane – a road trip – yippee!

Becca – I also love peonies – to me their fragrance is even prettier than roses. I’m glad the service for your niece went well.

Vel – your DGD will indeed have some interesting tales to tell. Good luck on the dress hemming. A mask sounds really cool. What a beautiful dress!

Chriss – I vote for plan c also. Blueberries are not my favorite at all. I do love raspberries - m aybe Jerry can pick me some of those.

Maryz – have a great time with your former colleagues. Thanks for the reminder about Law Enforcement Memorial Day. How wonderful that your peonies are blooming!

Jana – have fun in the batt cave. That’s great hemming advice.

We’ve already been into the small city for breakfast and a quick Walmart run. I will be out in my sewing spot and then off to crochet in the afternoon. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”