Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, May 14th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, May 14th

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 am

Good morning everyone.
Leave it to me. I woke up this morning with Pink Eye. I have gotten it many times over the years. I looked at WebMD and now they let it run it’s course if it is a mild case. Today I will continue on the quilting of the braid quilt. I splurged and ordered a McKenna Ryan quilt kit. It is called No Place Like Home. It is pieced not appliqué. Hopefully it comes today. Today is the 3rd delivery date it has had. So cross your fingers for me. I am off to get my 2nd cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, May 14th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today we have our chiropractor apts and then we are going to Billy's house Bill has to go look at his car they think it's his battery.

Suzette I went and looked up the quilt it's very pretty I hope it comes today.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 14, 2021 3:50 am

Good morning,,it is bright and sunny high near 70. so I will weed...and weed and weed somemore...I need to do this. Windows need to be done but sunshiney days make streaky windows..so that will wait...
we will go get mulch later today, then spread that around,,Garden needs to go in too...busy busy busy.
Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:57 am

Suzette: I did a search for that quilt. Wow! That would be a huge challenge for me. If you order the kit, that includes fabrics. Will it be in the colors we see in this search? Those colors are so pretty. Variable shades throughout make it very interesting. Hope it arrives soon for you.
Is this going to be for you or a very special person?
Sorry about the "pink eye" . That has to be so uncomfortable.
Lois: Hope the chiropractor helps your issues.
Judi: Happy mulching. I always like the look when it's all done. People planting gardens now, since chance of frost should be gone. I love seeing the corn and beans popping up in this rural area. I LOVE Spring. Even though we have so many up and down temps.
Today we head to our son's for graduation weekend.
Enjoy your weekend, too.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri May 14, 2021 4:45 am

Good morning to everyone. Today I want to shop for things to bring to the cabin (for the week) We have 2 meals frozen already. Should have a lot of fun with my cousin Lynn and her hubby Bill.
Have a blue and white top that needs a border and I have that cut and ready. It came from stash as I am trying to clean out a little of the "bits of this and that" (we all seem to build up)
Well, thats what on my list to-do today so far. Throw in some more time on "Miss Cutie" and I will really be happy LOL

Have a great day
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 14, 2021 4:51 am

Good morning!

Last night Scott came over and let us know the decision on the new job. Scott told the new company, no and they are staying put, right here. Yippeee!

Not much here. Quite windy and warm too. I finished crocheting the receiving blanket last night and will start the burp cloth. I make them big enough to cover over your shoulder, but it's not to big, so it crochets quickly. I also started cutting out a May wall hanging that goes in my set for the year. It's all piece work, and looks like tulips. My tulip fabric arrived and I pulled scraps to go with it.

My happy word, right now is kindness. That was my lesson last Sunday. So it has been in the fore front of my thinking. There are so many facets of kindness that it can be a life long learning experience to attain. Once you get what you think you are good, then you see you can do better. It's a great attribute to work on. And not that hard either.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 14, 2021 4:58 am

Suzette, I have used Colloidal Silver when I had pink eye. You can get it at a health food or Vitamin store.

Bless Shirley Mae for her post to me and the personal message.

DH sees Dr this morning, then will have a plan. Before that, though, I have to get the Jeep to Discount Tire. Back driver side picked up a screw causing slow leak. Luckily there's a Discount Tire about 3 miles from the campground.

Blessings to all and have a great day!!
Lyn

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 am

Morning
Yesterday I took DDIL plant shopping for our garden. I got purple tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, orange tomatoes, black cherry tomatoes, & white eggplant to go with usual plants. It was a good day.
Today after groceries its work at their house touch up painting.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 14, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning

LORI - so sorry to hear that you lost your beautiful mom. But what a wonderful journey she had through life. God bless you and your dad and all your family. Hugs!

LYN - what luck you found a campground! And one you fit in! Hope you got a pull-thru site. Wishing Garry good news at the dr appt. Let us know! Prayers and hugs. We have friends who just sold their home in Georgetown and bought a condo in Rockport overlooking Aransas Bay. They have an amazing view.

JUDI - have fun in the dirt today! Your weather sounds purrfect. And don't worry about the windows. I think I can guarantee they will still be there come a cloudy day! My dad grew those pear tomatoes, too. Delicious! Like every other home grown tomato. And his lemon cukes tasted just like every other cucumber. Also delicious.

SUZETTE - I checked out your quilt pattern. So pretty! Looks like it's in short supply so your favorite word right now probably should be "patience". I love McKenna Ryan's work and have several patterns myself. This one is a departure from her usual past patterns. I hope this quilt is for yourself or someone special. McKenna used to live on Vashon Island near me. Last I heard she still owns the house on the island but moved to CA or OR.

VELDA - happy graduation day! Is this your youngest grandchild?

DIANE - Your week at the cabin with your cousins sounds idyllic! We, too, will be in our "cabin", though it's on wheels. With friends. We're trading off making meals. We're making tacos on night and still deciding our second night. What are you making? Maybe we can trade menu ideas!

JANA - I'm glad for you that Scott decided to stay. Maybe they will want him so badly they will still hire him and allow him to work from home in UT. This happened to my friend's son-in-law. They were in Dallas and wanted to come home (here) so he tried to quit but they kept him on, he works from home now (which is here) and he only has to make a few trips a year to TX now.

FLO - you will surely have a lot of tomatoes! Wish I was your neighbor! Are you painting inside or outside of the house?

LOIS - I have chiro today, too. I've felt so much better since I've been going to them (father/son chiros). Hope Billy's car issue is 'no biggie'.

CHRISS - It's Friday! Yay!! What's cookin' at your house this weekend?

SHARONA - I always seem to miss you. Hope your snow is gone and you have a beautiful weekend. your weather is much more extreme than my sister's in Longmont.

Today a few uglies and packing some things into trailer. We may also squeeze in a short trip to Costco. We need a few things for camping. Will do Safeway on Sunday for the real fresh stuff like veggies. Will also hit the sewing room for a few happy hours, I'm sure.

I talked to Mary Rose (Rosebud) yesterday. She is hanging in there, still has no answers to her medical problems. Still working, though feels exhausted after work. She asked me to say hello to everyone here and she appreciates any and all prayers. She said she hopes to stop by the forum later this weekend.

Prayers for Mary Rose, Kathy, and Cindy & Don.

Hoping all our bobbins are filled and ready for weekend sewing!

mary z
>^+^<

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 am

Good morning all! Another sunny day in NW Ohio. I plan on getting my petunias this weekend for my big porch pots now that the frost days are over. Petunias are about the only thing I can grow without killing them. If I had a garden I would starve. Just don't have a green thumb.

Today need to get back to my sorting of files and get stuff shredded. Also working on sorting pictures. Amazing how much stuff we can collect over the years.

So glad to see that our Governor is cancelling the restrictions on June 2. I can't wait to get rid of this mask in public especially since I have had both of my vaccine shots.

Becca - So sorry to hear about your pink eye. Hope you get some medicine for it soon.

Lori - Did not know that you had lost your mom. Will keep you in my prayers.

Maryz - Hope you have a good time on your camping trip. I too will keep Rosebud, Kathy and Cindy and Don in my prayers. Hoping for recoveries soon.

Lyn - Hope your DH gets some good news at the doctors today.

Jana - So glad that Scott decided to stay put for now.

Judi - Have a "fun time" mulching today. Since my land is clay we have never been able to grow anything but grass and weeds. Tried trees once but didn't work out.

Well, better go get some breakfast for all of us. This is Preakness Weekend so some watching horse racing today and tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”